It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forced Government Indoctrination - AKA public schooling

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
As long as Obama is the president, and all the children accept him into their hearts, name their school after him, and reword romantic love songs and make it the school anthem (all things that actually happened), then what the problem with all this school government indoctrination noise? FFS!

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

You posted that respect is the missing denominator from the progressives

Correctamundo brother.....think about that everyday

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Funny thing is a lot of the biggest patriots were brainwashed into worshipping a flag in public school. I remember a kid in one of my classes in high school being written up and sent home because he didn't want to stand for the national anthem.

Get 'em while they're young and don't know any better.

Wow! respect and worship have two different meanings.

You understood that as s child?

As a child you understood pledging your allegiance to a country?

We all did as kids .
Apparently some never received life lessons on respect , morality , and manners..
Rest my case

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator

Why should anyone have to be required to respect a piece of fabric? Especially someone too young to understand what it is they're being required to do? The logic doesn't compute with me.
No one should be required to salute, pledge allegiance, etc to a cloth rectangle. Totally different than saying "thank you" directly to a soldier that has defended our country. I still wouldn't require it, but that makes infinitely more sense to me than absentmindedly reciting a pledge that has no meaning to a child.

Why should anyone have to be required to respect a piece of fabric?

It is a symbol of a nation .
Dont be asinine

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Respect is earned not forced. Kids are forced to stand and pledge allegiance to something they have no understanding of. It's indoctrination to the state and how they want you to worship their forced ideals.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   
20+ years of "education"

No job skills
No life skills
Total idiots

Explain to me what the school system is accomplishing again?

Anyway.. Blinders back on

#MAGA
go Obama!

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

My friend, I have to disagree with you on this topic.

I believe that there are some rituals that serve a purpose. Pledging allegiance to the flag is one of them. This practice could probably be considered indoctrination. But it is a mild psychological operation compared to other rituals that could be performed. And understanding that we, as individuals, are part of a larger society goes back to the beginning of human civilization.

As soon as humans began establishing societies, the group members had to cooperate in defense of their settlements. While I don't know of any specific rituals these ancient cultures may have practiced, I'm certain they shared a feeling of responsibility for its protection; and that training probably began at an early age.

So, it strikes me as reasonable for children to learn that they are part of a larger group that functions for the common good of our society and culture. Eventually they will learn that the collective strength of that group may one day be necessary to defend their individual lives.

I'm sure that there are a lot of people like me who have gone from one end of the political spectrum to the other end and back again. I don't believe that being exposed to the pledge of allegiance in my school years brainwashed me into some kind of government controlled automaton. But it did help me to appreciate my place in a larger society.

-dex

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Unfortunately, many/most private schools are associated with a specific religion. Catholic schools, for example. I've honestly never heard of a private school that attempts to not indoctrinate at all and merely attempts to teach critical thinking and objectivity.

I don't believe it's any more fair to choose your child's religion for them than it is to send them to a public school. Either way, they're going to have choice stripped from them.
edit on 17-8-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Funny thing is a lot of the biggest patriots were brainwashed into worshipping a flag in public school. I remember a kid in one of my classes in high school being written up and sent home because he didn't want to stand for the national anthem.

We all did as kids .
Apparently some never received life lessons on respect , morality , and manners..
Rest my case

Uh huh -- at a 7/8 years old you understood pledging to a nations flag -- pledging to a country.

That's quite a grasp.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   

We all did as kids .
Rest my case

Uh huh -- at a 7/8 years old you understood pledging to a nations flag -- pledging to a country.

That's quite a grasp.

Why ?
We were educated from 5 years old. Before then , our parents.
For some , maybe . Whose parent's have no respect for the US or in themselves to start with
I guess one has to have pride in oneself before one can have pride in their country

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I had a strong reverence for the flag and love of my country when I was young as well

I never had to "learn" to love our country, as far as I can remember back I always did and do. From the first time I made a free choice, collecting the dividends of liberty, I was grateful to live on free soil

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

We all did as kids .
Rest my case

That's quite a grasp.

Why ?
For some , maybe . Whose parent's have no respect for the US or in themselves to start with
I guess one has to have pride in oneself before one can have pride in their country

Educated and understanding what pledging is - - are two different things.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

I had a strong reverence for the flag and love of my country when I was young as well

I never had to "learn" to love our country, as far as I can remember back I always did and do. From the first time I made a free choice, collecting the dividends of liberty, I was grateful to live on free soil

Yay! For symbolism.

Yay! For where my feet touched the ground when I was born.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Just because something is symbolic doesn't mean it isn't valid. Respecting the flag is a way to honor your country and salute the men & women who gave their lives to defend our Constitution & Republic

Where your "feet touched the ground" when you are born matters because it determines which country you live in. Your nationality. Those things are important because they determine whether you live in the free world (ie: a Constitutional Republic) or some authoritarian/fly-by-night farce.

Not all countries are equal because not all governments & societies are equal. Living in Venezuela or North Korea, for example, is nothing like living in the United States. I personally am proud to be a citizen of the United States, and live in a Republic where upholding those unalienable Constitutional rights is the prime concern. That is why it matters to live on "free soil" or not - since it is governments/societies that control plots of land (ie: sovereign nations) and which one of those hunks of land you happen to be on directly determines whether or not those unalienable rights are recognized & respected appropriately (ie: the Bill of Rights). Last I checked NK/Venezuela did not respect the Bill of Rights, therefore living there vs. the United States would be incompatible with my personal liberty-loving existence

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

We all did as kids .
Rest my case

That's quite a grasp.

Why ?

Educated and understanding what pledging is - - are two different things.

You can be educated on anything including the Pledge of Allegiance
Strange that you did not know that .
Or maybe an insight ?
Hmmm

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

All the anti-American BS makes me sick to my stomach.

It is clear the far left does not have this country's best interests at heart.

Will mainstream Democrats retake their party from the ones who admit to using it as a "stepping stone" for their radical/unpopular agenda? I hope

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I watched this earlier today, Dr Duke Pesta - one of my favorite speakers addressing Common Core and Government school issues:

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Loved this video, watched the first 15 minutes but plan on watching the whole thing

Thanks for sharing ATA

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
Great video reviewing some of the finer points in the argument against public schooling.

The benevolent nanny state doesn't exist.

Money should follow students, providing opportunities in private schools as well as home school education w/o any sort of federal input/oversight/regulation.

collectivism

This video is an expertly produced agent of awakening. The thing that sickens me most about modern public education in liberal states are things like Drag Queen Story Hour for 4-year-olds. This is eugenics they know that over time more and more debauchery will become normalized

As a footnote I’m almost entirely self-taught one of the best ways to learn are by teaching yourself the dictionary, taking practice IQ tests, playing mind trap and exploring yourself through creative writing. Also independent reading beyond the scholastic canon nurtures your right brain to be more imaginative

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Better they be brainwashed in religious schools?

Or at the whim of their parents ideaologies?

Plenty of successful people have come out of public school.

I fully support public education.

More needs to be done -- not less.

So you think the people that gave birth to their own kids aren't looking out for them more than a perverted education contrived by the Rothchild corporation and co? Are you for real? Or are you just the kind of person than hate's freedom of speech and the freedom to be left the hell alone by government interference?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join