It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venting verses intellectual debates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I have noticed another disturbing trend that seems to be taking place here on ATS. It seems to me that ATS is becoming a place to vent frustration without thought or respect. I am guilty of this, but I am trying to change.
I have seen an increasing amount of post that just flat out ignore one side of a two sided story. There are arguments and bickering going on because more than a few of us find it hard to accept that there might be another view or opinion that differs from our own.

I came to ATS at first because I was a closet UFO freak who dabbled in the politicle lines as well. I found a home where I could express my thoughts and recieve informed, well thought out answers to my questions. Magic is an awsome example of well thought post. I may not always agree with him, but he really puts thought and heart into his post. There are others as well, but There just seems to be a lack of overall attention to diversity of opinion.

I guess Rodney King said it best. "Cant we all just get along?"

We as a whole really need to step back and examine ourselves and the reason we are here in the first place. To Deny Ignorance/Apathy. I give you my word that I will do the same and attempt to improve my quality of post and thoughts of others opinions. I challenge all of you to do the same.

Oh heck. I guess I just vented huh?

Kid

join