It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Penn Jillette conversation about Trump being misrepresented in the media

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
a reply to: soberbacchus

Straight up, I couldn't give a hoot if a President served. Obama, Reagan, and Clinton didn't serve. In fact, MOST Presidents didn't serve. It's a non-factor. The rest of your post is conjecture and doesn't warrant a response.

And what does serving have to do with calling African Americans the N-word?

Which was my very simple point.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Guyfriday
I think it comes down to this simple point:
"If Omarosa actually has tapes of Trump saying these thing, and tells the world this but never releases the tapes, then she is as bad as Trump is for hiding the tapes from the public."

Personally I don't care what trump says, look many of the people shouting out loud about this clearly didn't read Donna Brazile's book about what Hillary would call her and also refer to what she would call Obama. People say offensive things to someone every day, it wasn't that much of an issue until the super sensitive discovered that if they cry loud enough everyone with an opinion would join in the yell-fest.

The issue as I see it is that you have a person that is attacking the President, saying that they have evidence of him saying something insensitive, and then instead of releasing the "recorded" evidence they instead say, "buy my book". This isn't a real outrage but rather a poor excuse to self publicizes the possibility of this recording. UFO personalities have been doing this for years.

The other issue I have here is that the "N" word is now being used to deflect the point that Omarosa secretly recorded people inside the White House and have released these tapes to the public. I'm no spook, but isn't that called spying on the Federal Government, and isn't that a crime? Sure she will scream at the top of her lungs about what Trump might have said, but is she doing it out of concern for the country, concern for her book sales, or concern that if she doesn't do something to deflect the conversation she might have to go to jail?

Great post. Also, if she did hear him use that word in a racist context, what kind of scum is she to go out there defending him and going along with him all that time just so she could ride the gravy train? I honestly don't know what's worse for her, if she's lying or if she's telling the truth.

How Amoroso appears is irrelevant to the question of whether Trump refers to African Americans as N-s.

Weird post. Like Amorosa's career is the open question.

Without the tape, how she appears is very relevant. Right now we just have to take her word, and she's not the most credible person.

You want it to be true. That doesn't make it true.
edit on 16 8 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

"If Omarosa actually has tapes of Trump saying these thing, and tells the world this but never releases the tapes, then she is as bad as Trump is for hiding the tapes from the public."

Personally I don't care what trump says, look many of the people shouting out loud about this clearly didn't read Donna Brazile's book about what Hillary would call her and also refer to what she would call Obama. People say offensive things to someone every day, it wasn't that much of an issue until the super sensitive discovered that if they cry loud enough everyone with an opinion would join in the yell-fest.

The issue as I see it is that you have a person that is attacking the President, saying that they have evidence of him saying something insensitive, and then instead of releasing the "recorded" evidence they instead say, "buy my book". This isn't a real outrage but rather a poor excuse to self publicizes the possibility of this recording. UFO personalities have been doing this for years.

The other issue I have here is that the "N" word is now being used to deflect the point that Omarosa secretly recorded people inside the White House and have released these tapes to the public. I'm no spook, but isn't that called spying on the Federal Government, and isn't that a crime? Sure she will scream at the top of her lungs about what Trump might have said, but is she doing it out of concern for the country, concern for her book sales, or concern that if she doesn't do something to deflect the conversation she might have to go to jail?

Great post. Also, if she did hear him use that word in a racist context, what kind of scum is she to go out there defending him and going along with him all that time just so she could ride the gravy train? I honestly don't know what's worse for her, if she's lying or if she's telling the truth.

How Amoroso appears is irrelevant to the question of whether Trump refers to African Americans as N-s.

Without the tape, how she appears is very relevant. Right now we just have to take her word, and she's not the most credible person.

What happens if the tape drops?

You should start planning on the excuses and deflection early.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Personally I don't care what trump says, look many of the people shouting out loud about this clearly didn't read Donna Brazile's book about what Hillary would call her and also refer to what she would call Obama.

WTH are you talking about?

So you didn't read her book? Do I buy you a copy or do you just want a tissue? If you don't know what I'm talking about Donna stated the Hillary would toss the "N" word out like candy to kids on Halloween when referring to her or Obama. Go read the book, that's WTH.

Link? I am not buying the book and not interested in reading it.

You appear to be a liar an unable to support your BS.

I was going to provide you with a link, but since in a period of three minutes you decided o go off and claim I'm a liar, you can go buy the book and read it for yourself. Send me a link and I'll send you your tissues apparently.

Why don't you explain to the class what you think Omarosa is hiding by not releasing the taped conversation of Trump using the "N" word, or explain why she would support him, and work for him if he was such a bad dude. I wonder if you are going to say that Trump had something to do with Al Gore firing her from his cabinet back in the 90's.

Omarosa was fired for very legitamate reasons, and on top of that she has since shown that she was also violating security protocals at the White House by recording everyone on a (presumably on a hidden) recorder. She then goes on to top this off by releasing these recordings to the media so that she can push her book. Now this statement of hers saying that during her time on "The Apprentice" Trump had used the "N" word. Penn Jillette comes along and only states;

He would say racially insensitive things that made me uncomfortable. I don’t think he ever said anything in that room like “African-Americans are inferior” or anything about rape or grabbing women, but of those two hours every other day in a room with him, every ten minutes was fingernails on chalkboard. He would ask one cast member if he’d rather have sex with this woman or that woman.

Does it paint Trump in a good light? No, but it also doesn't paint him as a racist either. It sounds like it's no different then any other talk that people might have behind closed doors. So nothing new here, on the other hand is thread is trying to link what Jillette stated and what Omarosa says. The two items are different, Jillette never stated that Trump said anything wrong, only that it made him uncomfortable. Omarosa on the other hand is trying to paint Trump as a racist, and stating that she has proof of it, but refuses to release that proof. I think the take away from this article is what Jillette states;

What I do, as much as anything, is I’m a storyteller. And storytellers are liars.

The difference here is that Jillette states that he could be wrong, and that in the end all we have is his stories. Omarosa on the other hand is shouting that she has proof, and that we have to listen to her because she says so.

Since you seem to be set on your opinion (which is fine) and are aggressively attacking anyone with a differing opinion (which is bad) I'm pretty much done with you soberbacchus.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

The latest example would be the fake outrage of him calling Omarosa a "dog", which the media has been working overtime to try to present as somehow being racist and sexist,

This has little to do with the media. Calling a woman a dog is wrong. The peoples president calling a woman a dog is more wrong. The president calling any American a dog is wrong wrong wrong. The media only reflects this simple truth.

What is even more telling here is that when he spoke to her on the phone, when he still wanted to curry her favor he sounded like he still wanted to be her friend. ''I don't love your leaving'', yet hours later he is calling her a dog and all those other low life pejoratives he used.

The media made nothing up here, they were not adding spin. They were delivering news to the American public the words of a two faced president.

You are just another hypocrite in the vast ocean of Trump hating hypocrites. Your tirade is proof of that, and though everyone in the world knows how often the media lies, you are making a blanket statement on their behalf that they are being honest. This is one of those symptoms of Trump derangement syndrome, combined with a huge liberal dose of hypocrisy.
This is great entertainment

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

It’s funny you completely glossed over the fact Gillette said he did it in a bad way and that he would deserve the blowback, but as a general rule doing this is a bad idea...

How you got that this in ANYWAY defends trump I have no idea..

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

What happens if the tape drops?

You should start planning on the excuses and deflection early.

I don't need any excuses. I couldn't care less what happens to him. I'd be happy to see him get impeached just to watch the even bigger meltdown over President Pence.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: face23785

It’s funny you completely glossed over the fact Gillette said he did it in a bad way and that he would deserve the blowback, but as a general rule doing this is a bad idea...

How you got that this in ANYWAY defends trump I have no idea..

[sarcasm]Yeah because I included this part:

But isn’t there enough of an established behavioral pattern with President Trump that tapes of him saying racially or sexually demeaning things maybe fits into the larger context of who he is and what he thinks?

That is fair.

in the OP because I was trying to avoid anything that cast Trump in a negative light. [/sarcasm]

Nice reaching.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Personally I don't care what trump says, look many of the people shouting out loud about this clearly didn't read Donna Brazile's book about what Hillary would call her and also refer to what she would call Obama.

WTH are you talking about?

So you didn't read her book? Do I buy you a copy or do you just want a tissue? If you don't know what I'm talking about Donna stated the Hillary would toss the "N" word out like candy to kids on Halloween when referring to her or Obama. Go read the book, that's WTH.

Link? I am not buying the book and not interested in reading it.

You appear to be a liar an unable to support your BS.

I was going to provide you with a link, but since in a period of three minutes you decided o go off and claim I'm a liar, you can go buy the book and read it for yourself. Send me a link and I'll send you your tissues apparently.

Right..

What I thought. You made up outrageous claims and can't provide any link.

Yes, you lied.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Say what? You brought it up.

a reply to: soberbacchus

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join