It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Penn Jillette conversation about Trump being misrepresented in the media

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Do one better. Tom Arnold was married to Roseanne Barr and we know what an absolute racist that she has been made out to be so using guilt by association...

Pretty public knowledge what Nixon said when J Edger Hoover died. And Hoover was known to dress in women’s cloths so that makes Nixon a rampant homophobe or at least very LBGQ unfriendly. Guilt by association again...Nixon was a Republican so all Republicans are evil or whatever. Thus Trump...

It is how the mind loops to draw the desired conclusion.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
a reply to: soberbacchus

I am sure it's the same elsewhere, but in the military, we called people horrible things....to their face. But it meant you were liked. If you left a base and nobody tied you to a trailer, dragged you around the flight line in utter shame, and drowned you in ketchup/mustard/toilet water/etc, it meant you had no friends.

It truly is about context.

Straight up, Trump was never in the military, he worked hard to avoid just that, nor does he appear to have any friends that he is close with to verbal rough-house with. Any "friends" he has are transactions in influence or money. He is way, way, way too thin skinned and throws anyone under the bus at the first sign of potential personal public embarrassment.

Decades of interviews and the public spotlight show what you are describing is entirely alien to Trump.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The manufactured outrage on this one is of the highest quality.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

I am sure it's the same elsewhere, but in the military, we called people horrible things....to their face. But it meant you were liked. If you left a base and nobody tied you to a trailer, dragged you around the flight line in utter shame, and drowned you in ketchup/mustard/toilet water/etc, it meant you had no friends.

When I was in Qatar I was driving onto the flightline and some of the crew chiefs had taken a guy was about to head back to the states and duct taped him to a chair with a sign that said "I hate cops" and rolled him out to the entry control point. Needless to say the SPs got a kick out of it and were in no hurry to help the guy get loose.

And one time Donald Trump called an African American the N-word.
It was so funny!

Har Har...

Bizzare how trumpites are already trying spin excuses for when the denials fail.

Tom Arnold, Pen Gillete..Trump's own spokesperson Katrina Pierson? And his former WH Aide Amoroso?

A lot of people who spent a lot of time with Trump say he said it.

edit on 16-8-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

When I was in Qatar I was driving onto the flightline and some of the crew chiefs had taken a guy was about to head back to the states and duct taped him to a chair with a sign that said "I hate cops" and rolled him out to the entry control point. Needless to say the SPs got a kick out of it and were in no hurry to help the guy get loose.

It was so funny!

Har Har...

Bizzare how trumpites are already trying spin excuses for when the denials fail.

Tom Arnold, Pen Gillete..Trump's own spokesperson Katrina Pierson? And his former WH Aide Amoroso?

Obviously you didn't read the OP or the linked article. Gillette did not say that. What else do you have wrong?

ETA: Katrina Pierson didn't say he said it either. Boy, you've been lied to on numerous occasions around this issue.
edit on 16 8 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

It was so funny!

Har Har...

ETA: Katrina Pierson didn't say he said it either. Boy, you've been lied to on numerous occasions around this issue.

Pierson: “He said. No, he said it. He is embarrassed by it.”
nymag.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Does anyone on this site think if tapes existed of Trump saying anything remotely racist, let alone the N-Word, they wouldn't have been leaked to the press .0787234 seconds after hearing it?

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

It was so funny!

Har Har...

Pierson: “He said. No, he said it. He is embarrassed by it.”
nymag.com...

And of course you post that out of context. Just before that, the transcript has this:

"I am trying to find at least what context it was used in to help us maybe try to figure out a way to spin it," Pierson is heard saying.

If she knows he said it, why would she be asking what context it was used in? It sounds more like she's saying that's the angle they should take, to just acknowledge he said it, give the context, say he's embarrassed and move on like they did with the Access Hollywood tape. She's obviously not confirming she knows he said it, because if she knew he said it she would already know the context.

Of course the tape never surfaced, likely because it doesn't exist, so they didn't have to take any angle. It's just an unverified rumor.
edit on 16 8 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I'm from the deep south. The n word is thrown around pretty much all the time by whites and blacks and almost never in a derogatory manner although that does happen. It is highly unusual for a New Yorker to use the term in any way but a negative connotation. If we were all, everyone, honest, we would admit that Trump probably has used the n word and not in a nice way. He's a pretty crude guy.
edit on 16-8-2018 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Straight up, I couldn't give a hoot if a President served. Obama, Reagan, and Clinton didn't serve. In fact, MOST Presidents didn't serve. It's a non-factor. The rest of your post is conjecture and doesn't warrant a response.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Lame...LOL We would have called the fire department out and played a little human pinball with the hoses. Then again, that was when peeps didn't get so offended at everything. They dished it back to ya.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I think it comes down to this simple point:
"If Omarosa actually has tapes of Trump saying these thing, and tells the world this but never releases the tapes, then she is as bad as Trump is for hiding the tapes from the public."

Personally I don't care what trump says, look many of the people shouting out loud about this clearly didn't read Donna Brazile's book about what Hillary would call her and also refer to what she would call Obama. People say offensive things to someone every day, it wasn't that much of an issue until the super sensitive discovered that if they cry loud enough everyone with an opinion would join in the yell-fest.

The issue as I see it is that you have a person that is attacking the President, saying that they have evidence of him saying something insensitive, and then instead of releasing the "recorded" evidence they instead say, "buy my book". This isn't a real outrage but rather a poor excuse to self publicizes the possibility of this recording. UFO personalities have been doing this for years.

The other issue I have here is that the "N" word is now being used to deflect the point that Omarosa secretly recorded people inside the White House and have released these tapes to the public. I'm no spook, but isn't that called spying on the Federal Government, and isn't that a crime? Sure she will scream at the top of her lungs about what Trump might have said, but is she doing it out of concern for the country, concern for her book sales, or concern that if she doesn't do something to deflect the conversation she might have to go to jail?

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
"If Omarosa actually has tapes of Trump saying these thing, and tells the world this but never releases the tapes, then she is as bad as Trump is for hiding the tapes from the public."

Personally I don't care what trump says, look many of the people shouting out loud about this clearly didn't read Donna Brazile's book about what Hillary would call her and also refer to what she would call Obama. People say offensive things to someone every day, it wasn't that much of an issue until the super sensitive discovered that if they cry loud enough everyone with an opinion would join in the yell-fest.

The issue as I see it is that you have a person that is attacking the President, saying that they have evidence of him saying something insensitive, and then instead of releasing the "recorded" evidence they instead say, "buy my book". This isn't a real outrage but rather a poor excuse to self publicizes the possibility of this recording. UFO personalities have been doing this for years.

The other issue I have here is that the "N" word is now being used to deflect the point that Omarosa secretly recorded people inside the White House and have released these tapes to the public. I'm no spook, but isn't that called spying on the Federal Government, and isn't that a crime? Sure she will scream at the top of her lungs about what Trump might have said, but is she doing it out of concern for the country, concern for her book sales, or concern that if she doesn't do something to deflect the conversation she might have to go to jail?

Great post. Also, if she did hear him use that word in a racist context, what kind of scum is she to go out there defending him and going along with him all that time just so she could ride the gravy train? I honestly don't know what's worse for her, if she's lying or if she's telling the truth. Now if he did say it, and it's obviously not in a racist context, then it's doubly worse because she's diminishing the impact of real racism.

And yeah, let's be honest, it's possible to use that word and not be a racist. Obviously I could point to actors, comedians, musicians, etc. But even outside of that, how many folks have used racially charged language just joking around in their private life? I remember after the Chappelle Show came out, the n-word was flying around everywhere, even being used by white people in front of black people, who knew where they were quoting from and had no problem with it because they understood it was a joke. So indeed, the context is important.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

And don't forget Friday. We used to have 15-20 peeps in the dorm room watching that....every Friday. BREAK-YOURSELF----FOOL

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Personally I don't care what trump says, look many of the people shouting out loud about this clearly didn't read Donna Brazile's book about what Hillary would call her and also refer to what she would call Obama.

WTH are you talking about?

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Great post. Also, if she did hear him use that word in a racist context, what kind of scum is she to go out there defending him and going along with him all that time just so she could ride the gravy train? I honestly don't know what's worse for her, if she's lying or if she's telling the truth.

How Amoroso appears is irrelevant to the question of whether Trump refers to African Americans as N-s.

Weird post. Like Amorosa's career is the open question.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

The other issue I have here is that the "N" word is now being used to deflect the point that Omarosa secretly recorded people inside the White House and have released these tapes to the public.

Is your brain so small that you can only consider one issue at a time?

Of course she shouldn't have recorded people in the WH.

That is a different question of what those tapes contain or whether the President of the United States refers to African Americans as Ns.

Most people are capable of evaluating more than one thought a week.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Personally I don't care what trump says, look many of the people shouting out loud about this clearly didn't read Donna Brazile's book about what Hillary would call her and also refer to what she would call Obama.

So you didn't read her book? Do I buy you a copy or do you just want a tissue? If you don't know what I'm talking about Donna stated the Hillary would toss the "N" word out like candy to kids on Halloween when referring to her or Obama. Go read the book, that's WTH.

The other issue I have here is that the "N" word is now being used to deflect the point that Omarosa secretly recorded people inside the White House and have released these tapes to the public.

That is a different question of what those tapes contain or whether the President of the United States refers to African Americans as Ns.

Go learn yourself some Neuroscience before you make statements about brain size vs intelligence.

If you can't understand that people will toss out stupid to deflect what they are doing, then that says a lot about how your thought process works. Omarosa makes a statement, says that she has evidence, she doesn't provide that evidence instead she provides evidence of wrong doings on her part. When pressed about what Trump said, she doubles down on her statement, but never releases the tapes. Since you appear to be the Steven Hawking of ATS, while don't you lay out what she was doing by making the claim that she has something but never provides the evidence for examination?

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

So you didn't read her book? Do I buy you a copy or do you just want a tissue? If you don't know what I'm talking about Donna stated the Hillary would toss the "N" word out like candy to kids on Halloween when referring to her or Obama. Go read the book, that's WTH.

Link? I am not buying the book and not interested in reading it.

You appear to be a liar an unable to support your BS.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Go learn yourself some Neuroscience before you make statements about brain size vs intelligence.

I meant no offense to folks with unusually small heads.

Now please kindly link me to your repeated claim of what must have been reported endlessly at the time..
Than Donna Brazille wrote in her book that Hillary Clinton referred to both her and Pres. Obama as N-s.

Waiting..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join