It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupid Gunphobes!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

originally posted by: face23785

Not necessarily. What they do to get around that is they put ridiculous new restrictions on the transfer of existing firearms. In some states, that even includes inheriting a gun. So eventually once all the current owners die, and their relatives can't inherit the gun because they can't afford it or clear the legal process, the old guns that don't comply with the new regs will eventually go out of circulation, or at least there will be fewer and fewer of them.

Not all weapons are registered...it's not uncommon to find families with several generations worth of firearms. Transfer of ownership inside a family...I'm pretty sure it would be impossible to legislate, track or enforce. If this is a single state type of law, it's pretty easy to go outside the state and obtain legally a firearm.

Of course you can just break the law. I'm talking about what they could do regulation-wise.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: seagull

We already have it with the $200 tax stamp.

Not to mention the ridiculous price markup for buying a 1986 GCA compliant automatic. >$20,000

This disproportionately affects average Americans who generally cannot practically part with 20 grand

Another example where they didn't ban but just priced people out of being able to afford it.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Loaded chamber indicators have been around for years as have mag safety’s. In a carry weapon like my S&W 3913, the first thing I do is disable the mag safety. In combat the weapon must work even if the mag is removed. No police weapons that I know of have mag safeties.
Engraving the empty case is useless BS. I would never pay for that.
edit on 16-8-2018 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Loaded chamber indicators have been around for years as have mag safety’s. In a carry weapon like my S&W 3913, the first thing I do is disable the mag safety. In combat the weapon must work even if the mag is removed. No police weapons that I know of have mag safeties.
Engraving the empty case is useless BS. I would never pay for that.

We're also taught not to rely on chamber indicators, so mandating them by law like they're a true "safety device" is silly. These people would know that if they had even the slightest clue about firearms.

One of the biggest problems with this issue is that as people learn more about guns, they tend to become less anti-gun. There are exceptions to that of course, but the point is most of the people who could best advise these lawmakers about how to make sensible laws, the lawmakers don't want to listen to because they don't share their anti-gun agenda. You wish they would be more concerned about actually doing things that make sense and would make a difference.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

And if I collect up my brass? I'm sure not first and foremost on most gang-bangers minds but it would make the stamped casing moot. If I was a litter conscience killer and all that.

The first two proposals, I have no clue. Chambered round indicator - lots of firearms already have them. This stops mass shootings how? And the magazine interrupter (?) does what exactly? What about firearms with internal magazines?

Obviously this is an attempt to do nothing more than burden the expression of the 2A beyond any reasonable person's ability. Not much else. Death by a 1000 cuts.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Hmmmm, one will really have to be careful to pick up all shell casings at the range, for example, or anywhere else.

Imagine this problem. Your stamped casing is picked up at the range. A murder is committed with a through and through wound and no bullet to compare to. Your casing is dropped as evidence.

Ummm, no thanks.

edit on 16-8-2018 by Kharron because: typo

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
Hmmmm, one will really have to be careful to pick up all shell casings at the range, for example, or anywhere else.

Imagine this problem. Your stamped casing is picked up at the range. A murder is committed with a through and through wound and no bullet to compare to. Your casing is dropped as evidence.

Ummm, no thanks.

Very good point as well. I'm sure it would be relatively simple to alter the piece that does the imprinting too, same way a criminal can simply file the serial number off a gun.

The hare-brained quick fixes from the gun control crowd are always defeated in short order by common sense.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

That $1 million cash bond could be used to clean up the mess they leave behind. I've seen some pretty disgusting pictures of what gets left behind after protests. And of course, the city is left with the bill for the clean up.

Back on topic, this is nothing more than a way to try to keep guns out of the hands of the public. It won't stop the criminals from getting them, since those guys don't care about laws.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

One should do that anyway, but this would just add another layer of importance to that. On that, we're agreed.

Definitely, no thank you.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Best proposal would be better vetting. Penalties for crappily run gun shows. It's far too easy to obtain firearms, and we keep hearing how stuff manages to "fall through the cracks." While many proposals are stupid.. there needs to be something new. Because doing NOTHING won't change ANYTHING.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
They have made it harder to buy a gun legitimately.

Which resulted in making it easier to obtain a gun illegally

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join