It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yaaaa vacation time

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Tomorrow I leave and am heading to a ranch for a little vacation time. I am super pumped! Currently I am getting my house cleaned so my in home pet sitter will feel more welcome during my stay away. I got both fridges stocked with food and plenty of grilling supplies, though I prefer her not to use it so my house doesn’t burn down. Maybe I will hide the charcoal.....

I am going on a two day hike solo through Sedona Arizona!!!!!!!! I can’t keep myself contained

I have a checklist and all my gear on one of my couches and I keep going over it! OH MAN this is going to be awesome!

This will be a new environment for me to get used to but I will be fine. And oh man the stars at night will be my highlight of this adventure!!!

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Have a great time and be careful of the flash flooding.
Take some pictures so you can gloat and we can all wish we were there.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Oh ya I have my camera fully charged and an extra battery ready! And if both die I have a small solar pack to charge all my electronics.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Oh and if anyone asks I already alerted the local authorities and will be giving them my exact location and my intended stopping point. So if something goes wrong they can have an easier time find me or my body.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Hubs and I are also leaving in the morning, but the doggo is traveling with us. We're going to meet one of the kiddos (and possibly her SO) in the Appalachians to do some camping and have some fun!

Besides the doggo my wine shall be traveling with us as well!

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Oh and if anyone asks I already alerted the local authorities and will be giving them my exact location and my intended stopping point. So if something goes wrong they can have an easier time find me or my body.

Bring with you a weapon or something you could use if you are going for two days hike solo. I always carry pepper spray when I go metal detecting in the woods and my shovel is almost like an axe. I don't have a gun.

edit on 16-8-2018 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
No offense but, I feel like everything you post isn't real.

You have tons and tons of posts everything from wearing yoga pants to running for political office

You make tons of threads for a person who says they are as busy as you, and you come up with all this stuff

You always try to find some way to brag about money or all the "stuff" you claim to have.
It just seems........ Well like lies to project to be someone you're not

Just be you man, you don't have to make things up to live a good life
edit on 16-8-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

To be honest you dog on me a lot and I don’t really care. Is it so hard to believe that someone can do what I do? And to want to do what I want?

Being jelly is ok man. No harm

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I'm retired and do whatever I want.

Why would I be jealous?

Just telling you the truth kiddo, its not about dogging on you.

I'm over 60 and have seen a lot in my years, just calling out red flags as I see em

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Well if you have the time to dig I have left many breadcrumbs in all my threads so others can figure out who I am. I use my free time to do many things and can take off work pretty much whenever I want.
I’ll give another if you like. I am a very well known spelunker and have helped map caves in Oklahoma and Arkansas.....I guess you can throw Kansas in the loop but only two caves.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Oh and I do dig some Sailorjerry myself. I always look to get the special edition bottles for the posters.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

More attempted bragedocio, its just relentless isn't it.

Also well known to whom? I suppose you would have to even be interested in it to know hmm?

We have w multitude of famous people here on ATS

don't let it go to your head
edit on 16-8-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I am not famous by any means. Maybe you should let up a little and relax instead of trying to assume that I am not doing what I say I do. And yes possibly my future endeavors will change but the future is never certain. They are just wishes that can go away like a puff of smoke.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
To hike Sedona solo this time of year is not a smart thing to do.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

I’ll be fine. I am starting with one days worth of water and have a water filter to use when I reach Oak creek. I have everything I need for my short trip. I have done solo trips in much worse conditions. Plus I always like a challenge.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: Muninn

I’ll be fine. I am starting with one days worth of water and have a water filter to use when I reach Oak creek. I have everything I need for my short trip. I have done solo trips in much worse conditions. Plus I always like a challenge.

Challenge is one thing but monsoons and flash floods in these part are no joke.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou.

It’s monsoon season in AZ right now. Flooding can be a problem in an instant. Be careful. Bring weapon also.

Are you used to hiking in extreme heat temps?

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

Ya I live just outside Vegas and have gone on many long hikes in extreme heat. And ya I’ll have a few weapons. My pistol and my bow.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Glad to hear that! Still check the weather often. Have fun be safe!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join