It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2016 Trump Tower Meeting Looks Increasingly Like a Setup by Russian and Clinton Operatives

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
So i have been gone awhile and I wanted to do a thread on some of the more recent developments on the Russian collusion narrative.

More and more evidence seems to be piling up that not only did Hillarys team "collude" with russians on multiple fronts, but that the intel agencies not only knew of this and did nothing, but in some cases actively sought to collude with russians themselves and possibly even attempted to frame trump in an attempt to sabotage his candidacy.

My contention has always been that I basically dont care if trumps team or hillarys team sought to get dirt on the other through foreign sources. Unless illegal quid pro quo were offered, (which i have seen no proof from either camp) who cares?

The real problem is with the actions of the intel agencies under Obama and continuing now. If they acted inappropriately in attempting to favor one candidate over another, that would be a massive problem.

So we already know that these agencies spied on trump connected people such as carter page and cohen. We know that the used democratic paid for dirt that was obtained through to foreign sources, British spy Christopher steele and Kremlin agents that gave him details about trump (almost all of which remain unproven).

We also know that the leaders of the NSA (clapper), Cia (Brennan), and FBI (comey) under Obama absolutely despise trump, and at least in the case of clapper and comey, were willing to leak info to the press to hurt trump.

And there is a ton more that could be said here.

But I wanted to focus on the trump tower meeting with don jr and the russian lawyer Vaselnetskya (V).

It now appears as if the meeting was a setup to frame trump and use as an excuse to justify an investigation into him and make the accusation he was colluding with russians.

Not on was the setup faciltated through Hillarys law firm Fusion GPS and its founder Glenn simpson, but it now appears it may have been done in conjunction with Obamas DOJ, particularly Bruce Ohr.

To start with, Bruce's wife Nellie worked with Glenn simpson at Fusion GPS. Just as a reminder, Fusion is the firm Hillarys team hired to pay a british spy to go Russia and get dirt on trump from russians (and the of course hillarys team and the DNC lied about paying for the dossier for over a year)

Recent texts messages that have been released show that Ohr is in constant contact with Fusion founder Glenn simpson, and british spy cristopher steele. In fact, even after the FBI fired steele for leaking to the media, Ohr was still in contact with him, and was steeles go to guy to continue to pass his hillary paid for, russian sourced dirt to the fbi.

But back the trump tower meeting.

starting in March 2016, FBI confidential sources and other figures associated with Western intelligence services and the Clinton campaign approached the Trump team promising damaging information on Clinton. The Trump Tower meeting appears to have been the most successful of these approaches, since it was the one instance where the Trump campaign signaled it was willing to receive incriminating information on its opponent.

www.realclearinvestigations.com...

Now remember, we know that the FBI had put a spy to get in touch with trump campaign, a man by the name of Halper. So there has already been an established effort by the intel agencies to attempt to spy on trumps team and see of they were working with russians.

(as an aside here, remember when it turned out that Feinstein had a chinese spy as her driver for years? Did the fbi launch an investigation into her, send their own spies, get fisa warrants to spy on her people, etc? Nope, they went to feinstein and warned her that chinese were infiltrating her. Funny how the FBI did not approach anyone on trumps team to let them know russians were trying to infiltrate them. Almost like they wanted to help feinstein, and wanted to take down trump)

Halpers efforts for spying on trumps team for the fbi seem to have garnered no real fruit, but with the trump tower meeting, they were able to say trumps team was willing to listen to russians to get dirt.

Nonetheless, Simpson also testified that he had no knowledge of the meeting with Donald Trump Jr. and others until it was reported a year later. There is reason to doubt that account.

In fact, the Russian lawyer at the center of the meeting, Natalia Veselnitskaya, was his client.

She has publicly stated that she used talking points developed by Simpson for the Russian government in that discussion. Kremlin officials also posted the allegations on the Prosecutor General’s website, and shared them with visiting U.S. congressional delegations.

In addition, Simpson has testified that he had dinner with Veselnitskaya the night before the meeting and the night after.

Now think about this for a moment.

First, how incredible is it that the very russian that is considered so damaging and dangerous for don jr to have met is actually a client of the very Hillary firm that got all of the dirt trump to begin with?

Now V publicly admits that she used talking points from Simpson in her meeting with don jr.

In addition, Simpson admits he had dinner with V the night before and after the trump tower meeting. But simpson says that he had no knowledge of the meeting until months later?

How does this even pass the smell test?

Imagine you are a russian lawyer who is working with a law firm to remove russian sanctions. You know you have a meeting with a presidential candidate coming up, in which you are going to use the details provided by this law firm to try to convince this candidate to lift sanctions.

In your dinner the night before and after that meeting with the head of thaat law firm, you never once mention anything about this huge development in trying to get sanctions lifted?

That seems impossible to believe.

Given this, its clear that Simpson is in fact lying about not knowing of the trump tower meeting.

This is important because it simpson would testify to congress that the trump meeting helped confirm the allegations in the steele dossier that they compiled.

It also makes the prospect of Simpson helping set up this meeting to get dirt on trump to seem far more likely.

Now keep in mind, while this is all occurring, Simpson is in contact with his employees husband, high up member of Obamas DOJ Bruce Ohr.

Accompanying Veselnitskaya to the meeting was Russian-American lobbyist Rinat Akhmetshin, who had served in the Soviet Union’s military counterintelligence service. His role remains unclear, but evidence suggests he may have been the source Simpson was alluding to in December 2016 when Ohr recorded that Simpson told him, “Much of the collection about the Trump campaign ties to Russia comes from a former Russian intelligence officer (? not entirely clear) who lives in the U.S.”

So it seems likely that simpson is referencing the other russian at the trump tower meeting when he is telling Ohr that he has dirt on trump from a former russian intel officer living in the US, further showing it is quite likely Simpson used his russian client to set up trump, and Ohr was aware of this.

- continued below-
edit on 16-8-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Now enter Bill Browder

Fusion GPS assisted Veselnitskaya -- representing Pyotr Katsyv and his son Denis, both Kremlin-tied businessmen -- in her campaign to repeal U.S. legislation sanctioning Russian officials under the 2012 Magnitsky Act, which was named for Sergei Magnitsky, a Russian corruption whistleblower who died in police custody. Simpson, sources told RealClearInvestigations, was tasked with running a smear campaign against the driving force behind those sanctions, Chicago-born financier William Browder, who had employed Magnitsky.

Although Browder was unaware of the Trump Tower meeting, he was so concerned about Fusion GPS’s work on behalf of Russian interests that in July 2016, he lodged a complaint with the DOJ against both Simpson and Akhmetshin, for failing to properly register as foreign agents while working for the Russian government.

Instead of raising red flags, Browder’s concerns appear to have been ignored. Ohr continued to work with Fusion GPS. Records show he quickly responded to Simpson’s Aug. 22, 2016 email whose only text was the chummy subject line “Can u ring?” And the DOJ and FBI used the dossier prepared by Simpson’s firm – which drew on Russian sources -- as evidence to obtain a warrant in October 2016 to monitor the communications of Trump team adviser Carter Page.

So Fusion GPS and Glenn simpson were hired by a russian oligarchic to smear an American in an attempt to get russian sanctions lifted.

This American filed complaints with the Intel agencies in 2016 saying that Glenn simpson was acting as a foriegn lobbyist for russia improperly (you know, the same crime Manafort has been charged with).

Instead of the intel agencies looking in to this, they decide to instead take simpson, an accused undisclosed russian lobbyist, and use his compiled research as a reason to spy on people connected to trumps campaign for the accusation that they are working with russians (with Ohr persoanlly contacting accused russian lobbyist simpson all the while)

Can you begin to see the disgusting absurdity and corruption of it all?

A guy who is provably working with russian oligarchs to remove russian sanctions is being hired by hillary and the dnc to work with foreign spies and kremlin agents to give dirt about trump saying he is working with russians to get dirt on hillary!

And the intel agents, that seemingly think getting to the bottom of russian influence is the most important thing ever, decide to do nothing into looking into rather simpson is a russian lobbyist or not (which he clearly is), instead decide to communicate with him in a chummy manner, and take his evidence as a reason to wiretap people connected to trump.

-continued below-

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
So to summarize.

1. I dont care if trump or hillary got dirt on the other from russian or any other foreign source. To me, to focus on Hillary seems to be missing the real scandal.

2. The intel agencies (especially doj member Bruce Ohr) worked actively with the hillary and dnc hired Fusion GPS and its founder glenn simpson, when they knew all the while he was a russian lobbyist who had not properly disclosed this fact.

3. The fact that Manafort was charged with being a foreign lobbyist without disclosing proves that this is something the intel agencies take seriously, so it is not only dumbfounding they wouldnt pursue an investigation into simpson over this, but would actually use his info sourcing kremlin agents as part of a fisa warrant seems unbelievable inept at best and corrupt at worst.

It follows a pattern from the intel agencies, that they only seem to be interested in russian influence when it concerns trump, but not when it concerns hillary or others.

4. The russian lawyer that attened the trump tower meeting was simpsons client. She admits to using talking points provided by simpson at that meeting. Simpson admits to having dinner with that lawyer the night before and after the trump tower meeting, but claims beyond all belief that his client never once mentioned the meeting to him.

5. Texts reveal that the other russian at that meeting was likely being talked about between simpson and Ohr as a source proving trump was colluding with russians.

6. It seems very likely that the trump tower meeting was in fact set up by Hillarys law firm Fusion GPS in an attempt to setup trump.

In conclusion, this isnt about rather or not you like or hate Trump or Hillary. Its about corruption in the intel agencies, and rather or not we should investigate all attempts at russian interference.

Every single American should demand an investigation into these matters.

If the intel agencies were actively working with known russian lobbyists to set up a presidential candidate, it is the biggest scandal in the history of the US, and is far more dangerous than anything russian alone could do.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

good post . Looks like a serious issue with the Obama DOJ/FBI and the devils daughter . I will wait for the debunkers to chime in .

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Last night, Brennan lost his security clearance. This morning it came out it was Brennan who secured the dossier with the CIA. He then took it to Harry Reid, and THEN they called Comey, to get the FBI to start the investigation!

Things are certainly seeming to heat up.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
How does John McCain fit into this? He's filthy dirty, and I think hiding behind his "medical issue", that may or may not exist.
I would hate to see him skate, more so than others. And it's much more of a personal hatred than anything else, so for that, I am guilty of prejudging.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

And this is something that amazes me. Either the left is so badly ignorant that they can be easily led to believe whatever lies the MSM tells them to, or they honestly live by the BAMN theory, and would excuse things like this if it gets' the results they want.

(and by the left, I mean those who would oppose looking into this, you know who you are, and will be here soon)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

S & F! Excellent thread! Thank you and welcome back.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
These “Alphabet Agencies” have positioned themselves as a threat to our Republic. They are now working in the exact opposite way of intended. It would seem prudent to tear them out by the roots and restart from the ground up.

We can’t have Government agencies favoring one political party over another. Along with the IRS collusion against Conservative organizations we have nearly every government agency of note looking corrupt to the core.

Things are NOT working as they should when agencies within our own Government can be weaponized for political advantage.

edit on 2018/8/16 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Hillary TWICE conspired with RUSSIA.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Well I guess we needed to be reminded of this. It's been almost 3 weeks since it's been discussed.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

And this is something that amazes me. Either the left is so badly ignorant that they can be easily led to believe whatever lies the MSM tells them to, or they honestly live by the BAMN theory, and would excuse things like this if it gets' the results they want.

(and by the left, I mean those who would oppose looking into this, you know who you are, and will be here soon)

This is the thing that amazes me. If it has been Jeb Bush vs Bernie Sanders these corrupt organizations could very easily have reversed their bias. They are an enemy to anyone that isn’t part of their Deep State power game.

Democrats used to be the party of transparency and against corruption. Now corruption is accepted by them as a necessary evil to maintain power.

Where the heck are the Left on this? Don’t they see the danger?

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Well I guess we needed to be reminded of this. It's been almost 3 weeks since it's been discussed.

No one is forcing you to participate

Anything constructive to add?

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Sure. The recycling of the talking points to keep the herd going is getting old.

Better?

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
How does John McCain fit into this? He's filthy dirty, and I think hiding behind his "medical issue", that may or may not exist.
I would hate to see him skate, more so than others. And it's much more of a personal hatred than anything else, so for that, I am guilty of prejudging.

Yea, "rumors" had it he delivered the dossier. To whom I don't know. Coming out now it is Brennan and the CIA.....it's anyones guess when we live in a world full of lies...
edit on 16-8-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Sure. The recycling of the talking points to keep the herd going is getting old.

Better?

I will not engage in your name calling or deflection any further. Have a nice day.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Another point I would like to make.

The argument many use on why Hillary or the dnc colluding with the russians wasnt a big deal is that they paid a law firm to do it for them.

Well I find that to be an absurd defense, for a moment lets grant it.

That still means that Fusion GPS and its founder Glenn Simpson are guilty of colluding with foreigners to influence an election.

So there should be an investigation into simpson and fusion.

But instead, the intel agencies are actively working with Simpson and Fusion.

Again, its less about Hillary, and more about the intel agencies willing to work with russian lobbyists and intel sources to get an excuse to spy on trump connected people, and launch an investigation that continues to this day but does not look at any russian influence from the democratic side (or other republicans for that matter)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

What do you think of the actual information displayed in the post?
Does the info hold water to you?
Do you believe that the intel agencies mentioned have been behaving badly?
Do they have the right to pick a side and actively work against or for a particular politician, or party?

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

As a Canadian you may not realize how dangerous this is to our Republic. You guys don’t have Deep State spooks running roughshod all over your Government like we do here.

Also, not everyone sees every thread as not everyone can be here all the time or see every post that is made. Important topics need to be recycled from time to time.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Better?

I will not engage in your name calling or deflection any further. Have a nice day.

If you see name calling I suggest you see an ophthalmologist. No deflection either. This HAS been discuss. The link is above. Later.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join