It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kellyanne Conway Wanted To Criticize Her Husband — But As An Anonymous Source

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:46 AM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

During an interview with Washington Post reporter Ben Terris, Conway complained that her husband’s recent tweets about Trump were “disrespectful” and possibly violated their “marital vows,” but insisted that she was speaking off the record. She asked Terris to be quoted as a “person familiar with their relationship” ― not as herself.

thats odd to me.

her husband knocking trump might have disrespected their marital vows.??

anyone have any idea how so?

she seems so weird man

When Terris asked Conway about her husband’s tweets criticizing Trump, she appeared to complain about him candidly before Terris reminded her that she was speaking on the record. “I told you everything about his tweets was off the record,” Conway told Terris. “No, that’s not true. That never happened,” he replied, later adding, “We never discussed everything about his tweets being off the record.” “Fine,” Conway relented. “I’ve never actually said what I think about it and I won’t say what I think about it, which tells you what I think about it.

this has zero to do with trump.
i just dont understand where she is coming from.

i can see her being upset at her husband for knocking her boss. sure. that makes sense.

but a marital vow violation?

and then it seems kind of like some 2 faced asshole thing to do to speak negative about him or the situation when you think youre off the record...

just seems strange.

maybe its my syndrome acting up. i unno
edit on 16-8-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

his opinions violated their marital vows because the final line of conway's vows read "til death or political affiliation do us part"

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

his opinions violated their marital vows because the final line of conway's vows read "til death or political affiliation do us part"

yeah thats pretty standard.
thats how ours went

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   
That's why I NEVER brought religion into our marriage. Wife is a Christian and so am I. But we come from different cultures and of course different backgrounds and countries. As I stated in my recent post how long we've been together, well its true. Religion was NOT discussed at all. And there's reasons for that. We just live the Christian way or give it our best and get on with life.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   

I, ____, take you, ____, to be my lawfully wedded (husband/wife), to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part.

Maybe she's lamenting him not sticking by her political position publicly during her living years instead of waiting until she's carked-it.

maybe...

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Kellyanne Conway is known for a very dry sense of humour and sarcasm .She was most likely saying it in jest.
edit on 16-8-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
Kellyanne Conway is known for a very dry sense of humour and sarcasm .She was most likely saying it in jest.

Give me a break.
She is not known for that at all.

It's ok to admit it's just a little strange. You don't have to defend everything about this administration you know.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

I, ____, take you, ____, to be my lawfully wedded (husband/wife), to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part.

Maybe she's lamenting him not sticking by her political position publicly during her living years instead of waiting until she's carked-it.

maybe...

Possible.
I guess in the Conway house you can't have an opinion.

I'm just making fun. This is a non story. Just seems like a strange way to handle it and the marital how seems like a strange thing to say.

Maybe she will file for divorce and list the reason as husband broke marital vow by knocking agent Orange.
Alimony

Heeeeeeey

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Give me a break.

It's ok to admit it's just a little strange. You don't have to defend everything about this administration you know.

Actually she is TST.. have you watched many segments with her on TV ? .. or read her tweets. I’m also not defending her because of partisan beliefs. I’d say the same if she was a dem. She has a reputation for dry sarcasm... and this was an example of it, in my opinion. I think you’re reading too much into it. I couldn’t view the tape because it wasn’t available for me, so I should be careful here on what I say. But she is definitely a dry sarcastic type character.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

I could be wrong too.

I don't think so cause she says stupid # all the time.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   

a reply to: Sheye

I could be wrong too.

I don't think so cause she says stupid # all the time.

Yeah... she can stick her foot in her mouth at times ( cant we all ? )... but she can be a smart little cracker, that cuts through BS well. I saw her on The View many months ago ( maybe during campaign) ... and she made mincemeat out of those ladies, which is no small feat. I should look for the video. I can’t watch that show anymore. I end up disgusted with the partisan take on everything. Kellyanne held her own on that show with sarcasm and wit.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Looked at the interview again and I had Kellyanne Conway mixed up with someone else 🙄😆.. Ann Coulter.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   

I imagine it's hard having a career in politics. There are all kinds that just want power or money, and then you have your idealists.

No matter where the person falls, the fact that they have their position can polarize people against them. I can't imagine anyone in a role of supporting a politician agrees with everything they do, but they're guilty by association.

I am not really a fan of Kellyanne, but she does strike me as a go getter. I don't really think she has inherent principles when it comes to policy, I just think it's more about enriching her career, which I would guess is incredibly important to her. As it comes to the marital vowels, I kind of agree with her. The Trump admin is a product of her in a way, so if you publicly criticizes it, he is also publicly criticizing her. Ironically she did the same to him, so that's where they're at.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I'm finding it hard to believe someone like her found a husband. She has always struck me as one step shy of riding a broom and cackling.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Being married to this woman has to be pretty exhausting, I imagine.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

Right?!?!

"Honey, these are really expensive couches, can you keep your #@$%@## feet off of them please?"

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

jesus tap dancing christ. now, I've heard it all.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: Cutepants

Right?!?!

"Honey, these are really expensive couches, can you keep your #@$%@## feet off of them please?"

She does.
She just kneels.
Just like in the oval

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Shows the thin skin of people discussing politics today. Even couples can't be honest if they disagree.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Give me a break.

Actually she is TST.. .

What is "TST?"

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join