It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright light but nobody there!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I wrote a post called "Movie" on the Wall about an experience that happened when I was very young. I just remembered another unexplainable experience I'd like to get some feedback on.

I was 19 or 20 and the night of this experience I was with another girl my age whom I was dating. I lived about an hour north of her.. She lives near the Jersey shore which gets very dead in the winter, theres not a lot of people around at all. Anyway we were driving around one cold night and we wanted to go someplace to make out and not get caught. We finally ended up driving down this long dirt road, very bumpy and very dark. It just led out to some land... there was no civilization around.. So we stopped out in the middle of nowhere, it was real dark out that night and we thought that absolutely nobody would be around.

So we start making out in the back seat and we're back there for a while, just making out, we weren't naked or anything. All of a sudden theres a BRIGHT light shining into the car from one of the rear side windows, and we were completely suprised and a totally scared! We couldn't see anything behind the light like a guy holding it or anything, it was just a bright round light shining in. After just a couple of seconds it disappears, and I'm trying to get my body untangled and get out of the car. I was SURPRISED / SCARED AS HELL, but I'm also 6'4 and pretty built, so I wasn't that intimidated. If there was someone out there who wanted to kill us or something, I wasn't going down without a fight. So I hop out of the car and I'm yelling loud "Who the hell is there!!!!" trying to be intimidating and stuff, only theres NOBODY THERE!!! I walked around the whole car and there was NOBODY!! There was nobody anywhere nearby! The wierdest thing is that there was no place to run, it was just impossible in too small of a time frame.

In just a few seconds, the light snapped onto us, we started flipping out, it turned off, and I was out of the car mere seconds later, ready to defend us if I had to. After we saw there was nobody there, we got really scared, I hopped in the drivers seat and we took off, flying down the dirt road. I almost broke the damn car driving down a bumpy dirt road that fast.

Anyway the question remains in my mind to this day WHAT WAS THAT!! It was dead cold, in the middle of winter, in the middle of the woods, I think it's safe to say there was no homeless person living out there! No person could survive like that in the cold! No person could disappear into thin air that quick! Worst of all, it wasn't 7 or 8pm, it was like midnight or 1am!

What do you guys think? UFO? Alien abduction? Ghost? Will o the Wisp? I dont know, but it started off suprising and scary and ended just CREEPY.

[edit on 22-2-2005 by njspeed]

[edit on 22-2-2005 by njspeed]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Damn nobody else finds this interesting or wierd? I know it sounds like a guy with a flashlight but that was clearly impossible! There was no way for someone to disappear into thin air in 5 seconds... let alone SURVIVE for more than a little while out in the frozen, freezing cold woods near the Jersey shore, in the middle of the night, miles from civilization!

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
You know what came to mind when I read this account? The stories a friend of mine told when fed a constant stream of Quervo about his time in the army as a helicopter pilot trainer....using the most modern versions of the Apache. He'd relate how he and his bud, another senior teacher and somewhat warped friend, would get kicks out of locating isolated vehicles around local towns, using high mag, forward looking Infrared, and, in whisper mode, would watch the lovemaking going on just a hundred yards away, with those folks not having the slightest idea their likenesses were being recorded, up close an personal, even in complete darnkness, for later review and laughs. Then, when bored, they'd LIGHT UP the car using a million candle power spotlight, freezing the folks in fright for a moment and essentially blinding them for a minute due to the change in nightvision-to-bright sunlight-like, level, and they'd quietly hover off just above tree-level back to base, laughing and having a good ole time! The next day or so, the local papers would include reports of UFO activity and such....maybe even a story about what two lovers witnessessed in the backwoods....
Anyway, that's just what came flooding back....had to smile; whether or not it has anything to do with your particular experience.
Also, on the other thread, I just wanted to mention that I was giving the benefit of the doubt, not mentioning that the only other reasonable explanation to the movie on the wall was that, as mentioned lastly by another poster, you might very well have been having a lucid-like dream whereby you thought you were actually awake. But I trust your recollection to be more reliable than, say, another thread, written about a person witnessing a weird "thing" crawling on the ceiling and into a mirror, as a child about the same age: comparing the two threads, I saw such a difference in quality of the memory, and the ability to describe your experience, compared to the other's inability to give anything other than the most basic recitation, I didn't even mention the "dream" possibility, in your case. However, since someone else -did-, I'll simply add that, given the lack of any other reasonable explanation, the dream one must take up number 1 until some other, better explantion replaces it.
Just wanted to clarify that for me, so my responses stay consistant, moreso than for you, as what actually happened, m'k?
m'k.
'bubbabak

join