It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"America Was Never That Great": NY Govenor Cuomo Remark Ignites Firestorm

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

originally posted by: face23785
the Democrats' response to Trump's "make America great again" slogan was "America is already great". Which was even more hilarious because they were the ones telling us our country is still full of bigots and has terrible income inequality and terrible ...

Oh that's right, good catch! How ludicrous is that they can't even
keep their story line straight for a year.

There are reasons why Democrats lost over 1,000 seats nationwide, while Democrat Barack Hussein Obama was President. New York Governor CUOMO exemplifies what the vast majority of Americans grew sick of hearing. No chance of him being U.S. President..Thankfully.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
"America is already great."
-Obama

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
I think the consensus is that it was great during the Baby Boomer years, all the while it had it's problems of course.
Then when the Military Industrial Complex rose to it's heights things began to change.

a reply to: VividestSum93

Least of the worst if they could choose. Maybe great compared to where they are? I've heard the same sentiment with states I've lived in.

Oh yeah.....well posted...plus we saw the rise of evil....of luciferianism....big time....well put man

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
"America is already great."
-Obama

For HIM!

(But not for long, he-he-he.)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

New York Governor CUOMO exemplifies what the vast majority of Americans grew sick of hearing. No chance of him being U.S. President..Thankfully.

I think your spot on there, aside from his dislike of America....he
has zero charisma....and lots of other negatives like stick foot in
mouth syndrome.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I don’t know, if we have not been great. Every country has contributed something to all of mankind, showing the best of what could be done and what should not be done. Most, if not all countries, within their histories, have something that is shameful, or wrong, or even embarrassing, within their histories. Some have tried to act with the best of intentions, only to have ended up doing more harm than good. And still others seeing the mistakes of one country, still choses to continue on that path, with pretty much the same results.

The US has been on top of the world, though for different reasons. People ask, if the US is not great, why do people come to it, well the answer is very simple, it is the one thing that can never be gotten rid of, and that is the very idea that the US was built on, so long ago, the idea of freedom, the beacon that shown out, the idea that a person does not have to be born of any status or wealth, and can work hard and become the person that they want to. Think about it, how appealing would it be to a person that they are born into the lowest caste, or in poverty, or even to a system that is oppressive and hear about a land where there is no caste, where it does not matter, that you are treated equally, and there is no ceiling to how far one could go with hard work.

There is no ongoing psyop, however, if you want to know what is going on I will tell you. Look back through history, at some of the people of the country, to the presidents and read their speeches. Eisenhower, a great president, gave the warning about the military industrial complex, he said that it should not be so large that it dominates, which it is now. As far as the grooming, that was forewarned by Edward R. Murrow, a new caster. In one of his speeches, he looked and saw the new medium of Television and his words were chilling, as they rang true to this day, where he stated it was either going to be a useful tool to enlighten, or would be the downfall of the country and dumb down the population, making them fat and lazy, spreading ignorance. (October 15, 1958, the RTDNA “Wires & Lights in a Box speech.”) And we see that in the way people treat the very documents, the constitution, by their claims, of holding up the Constitution, all the while doing as you pointed out, wanting to withhold the very freedoms they claim are not to be trampled on, from others. Or worse, making false claims about treason, where the very definition of does not match the crime or actions of another. Or in the statements by some political figures, that makes one wonder if they took a simple anatomy class, or history class, or even a science class.

I don’t think that this is a psyop done by anyone, save the very public and it is of our own doing, the very mental prison that we have constructed for ourselves, exploited by the media and used by the politicians, that has caused this.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

As odd as it is, you proved my point without even having to try. You bought the media sensation, focusing on the opening statement. Kind of like just going to a concert where the main highlight of Beethoven's 5 is being played and leaving after the opening score, and not staying for the rest of the concert.

Did it matter that he stated this while signing a bill, making sex trafficking a felony in the state of New York? Did it matter that there was more to his statements, which actually make the first statement have real meaning and weight?

Do you think that a country is great while allowing and not doing everything to protect the most vulnerable from being exploited and horrendous nightmare of being used for the sexual pleasures of another, without concern? Does it matter that it may be in conjunction with something that may have been needed badly and that this was to correct an oversite in the laws, where criminals can get away with something monstrous? Do you hate children and women that much?

I am not sure if we should view this with humor or pity, though I suspect it should be the latter. If the media were to report on all of the comments, then the other parts of what was said, would make a lot of sense. Here is the other part of that statement that was not reported heavily on:

"We will reach greatness when every American is fully engaged. We will reach greatness when discrimination and stereotyping against women -- 51 percent our our population -- is gone, and every woman's reach full potential is realized and unleashed,"

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join