It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Andrew Cuomo shocks crowd, says America 'was never that great'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Sign me up for the MAB hat.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

The whole quote from Cuomo was based on that slogan, and the thread was about his quote, so...

link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Sign me up for the MAB hat.

In pink?

link   

The whole quote from Cuomo was based on that slogan, and the thread was about his quote, so...

Soo....

Hook, Line and Sinker?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

while the women did all the work.
Can we go back to that?

SEXIST!!!!!!!!!

edit on 15-8-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

so now, unless we all accept this idea that the US was great, at one time, but not now I guess since trump must not think so since he wants to make it great AGAIN... we are unpatriotic??
King David was "great" at one time, but he literally caused the death of a good man so he could have his wife!!
would we consider a man who did this "great" today?? Most of history's "great men" and "great kingdoms" became great by doing some things that in today's time would be rather repulsive and unacceptable to do. and the world is still paying for the actions that elevated the US to it's position of greatness. Maybe what makes the US "great" is that it gives it's people the freedom to recognize the injustices, the inequalities, the ruthlessness, the greediness, the bad and cruel things that our forefathers have done as being something that shouldn't be aspired to. maybe the greatness is in the ability to move away from those things that we find as just not acceptable any longer and not look back, not turn back.
and maybe, just maybe it is you who is being a tad unpatriotic for claiming another is for just speaking what he thought?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Soo....

Hook, Line and Sinker?

You’re right. I guess I shouldn’t be talking about the quote or the slogan.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Boohoo, the specific school you went to in the 1950's wasnt all like 'modern' and stuff, especially not by todays standards (how dare they subject you to that), and that means the United States of America was a total sniphole, didnt have the premier education for commoners and elites alike, didnt have the best healthcare, and ydada yada yada prosperity. Your school sucked by your perception, by todays standards (back in the 1950's), and that settles it! American wasnt "great"!

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Remember, great doesn’t mean good, but it’s good to be great.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: Bone75

while the women did all the work.
Can we go back to that?

SEXIST!!!!!!!!!

Ha... then you really don't want to know what my Scottish genes think.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Well, Cuomo just guaranteed he will never be elected POTUS. Talking about shooting yourself in the foot before even announcing your candidacy.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Cause stopping Hitler and Hirohito was just mediocre right?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

so now, unless we all accept this idea that the US was great, at one time, but not now I guess since trump must not think so since he wants to make it great AGAIN... we are unpatriotic??
King David was "great" at one time, but he literally caused the death of a good man so he could have his wife!!
would we consider a man who did this "great" today?? Most of history's "great men" and "great kingdoms" became great by doing some things that in today's time would be rather repulsive and unacceptable to do. and the world is still paying for the actions that elevated the US to it's position of greatness. Maybe what makes the US "great" is that it gives it's people the freedom to recognize the injustices, the inequalities, the ruthlessness, the greediness, the bad and cruel things that our forefathers have done as being something that shouldn't be aspired to. maybe the greatness is in the ability to move away from those things that we find as just not acceptable any longer and not look back, not turn back.
and maybe, just maybe it is you who is being a tad unpatriotic for claiming another is for just speaking what he thought?

It was ALWAYS GREAT , He is just Reminding the Forgetful that it Was and Can Still Be Silly........

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

You’re right. I guess I shouldn’t be talking about the quote or the slogan.

Eh, not what I was implying, but okay?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Well, I think America is great.

And Cuomo can suck it.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I guess that’s true. We were “great” at slavery. We were “great” at treating women like second class citizens. We were “great” at forcing homosexuals to live a life of secrecy in the closet. We were “great” at our mistreatment of Japanese American citizens during WWII.

Great doesn’t necessarily mean good. Do we really want to be “great” again?

Even though American business was not interested in the second world war, I have to say that it was great during the same. There are many countries who would agree with that statement, after all, what world would we actually be living in at the present if American help wasn't available?

So I guess that at the least, the second world war was a great moment, and a moment of great pride.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

well, let's see....
today's kids all have more information available on that little cellphone that they are probably carrying than I had available to me at the local library. in some schools, hey, they are giving their kids laptops to use, and there are computers in the libraries for their use. I really do think today's kids have better opportunities to learn.
as far as the healthcare?? nope sorry, I'd trade the doctor I had when I was a kid, ya know the one that lived across the street from me, the one who would ask me every morning how I was when I stopped by to pick up his daughter on our way to school and would even take the time to check me out if I complained to him I wasn't feeling well. the one who would later in that day give my mom some medicine (don't really think he charged her for it) if he thought I needed it.

like I said in an earlier post, some things were better then, some things are better now.

but, the idea that women didn't have to work, that a family could live on just one income, wasn't true for alot of people!

now how about answering my question...
was the US greater in the 50's or 60's when there was two superpowers in the world facing off, or was it greater after the soviet union fell and we became the world's only superpower? And, trump does seem like he's intent on burning those alliances we have that played a role in us obtaining that superpower status to ashes and abandoning our role as world leader.. so, just how is that making us great again??

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

His Old Man must be Laughing his Butt Off Right Now in ...........Ah , Er , Heaven/Hell...........
edit on 15-8-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
Well looks like the Dem leaders dislike America as much
or more than Russia.

He needs to get out, step down how unpatriotic and disgusting.

Seems to me that most everyone in the world would give up everything they own to get to America...Even the people who said they'd leave if Trump was elected won't go...

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

" Even the people who said they'd leave if Trump was elected won't go... "

Yeah , I am Still waiting for Rosie and Barbra WAH WAH to get on that Plane.........
edit on 15-8-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join