It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Andrew Cuomo shocks crowd, says America 'was never that great'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: shooterbrody

But just for the record we burned down the white house when you yanks tried to invade the great white north.lol

So?

We have AMERICANS who want to burn down the White House!

pfft!

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: ketsuko

Then the slogan is dumb. And it’s not unpatriotic to say so.

We aren't talking about slogans as much as talking about whether or not America was a great country in the world. Generally speaking, I think a country that has reached super power status would tend to qualify for a variety of reasons, and yes, that means China can lay claim to great nation status as well as Russia, the UK, France.

Understand that doesn't mean I would call all of them great for the same reasons. But they are what I would consider great in their various ways ... as is (and was) the US. But the US was greater than it has been recently.

You want great in the sense of perfection, and no nation anywhere qualifies on that front, not even the much loved myth of the Scandinavian social democracies.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Its your country that is falling apart and has record numbers of homeless people. America is the sh7thole. Lol

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

America has always been a work in progress. It’s never been “great” (at least for everyone) and it hasn’t totally sucked for everyone either.

Some good, some bad — always has been and always will be room for improvement.

“Make America better” is a slogan I could buy off on.

“Make America Great Again” is dumb.

link   
so was america greater when it was competing with the Soviet Union for world superpower status, or when it was the world's only superpower??
and, just how has trump made it greater when all of our allies have become convinced that they can't rely on the US and it seems that Trump is laying waste to our role as world leader???

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Hahaha thats hilarious. Perhaps you should read some papers on how happy Canadian citizens are compared to yours.

You know what makes me unhappy? Freezing.

You know what Canada is? Freezing.

On the whole you should be glad I don't live there. I'd make your tiny little country unhappy all by myself. You have so few people that I alone would be enough to hamper your happiness average. There's just not enough Canadian beer to change that.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Its your country that is falling apart and has record numbers of homeless people. America is the sh7thole. Lol

You: Obsessed with my country and politics

Me: Who gives a # about Canada

Do you see the difference now?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

If you fine people would stop barking at us for wanting to enforce our borders, we might have less homeless people.

"Oh, but you want to send those people back to their countries they came from illegally?! BUT THAT'S RACIST!"

Hush up and go get your fake eye-browed pretty boy to take some of them in. We'd be happy to send a few your way.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

That's the worst comparison actually. War doesnt make a country great it makes them weak if they have to use their military to gain respect rather than doing it the honorable way. But just for the record we burned down the white house when you yanks tried to invade the great white north.lol

Best worst
I said it is the only one that matters because it is.
I don't think we dropped abombs to "get respect".
We dropped abombs to enforce our will.

Must be the frog in ya croaking about "we".
Guy

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Andrew Cuomo should be Publicly Denounced as an Un-American for those Remarks and Resign from Office in the REAL WORLD , Not this Ignorant Pretend I Never Said that World that Presently Infests Our Beloved UNITED STATES OF AMERICA !

Here's Looking at YOU Andrew !

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Our homeless are in better shape than a lot of people in actual #holes.
Our poor have electricity ,running water ,Obama phones, and access to education.
Your puny nation cant even hold its cup....it currently resides in our nations capital.
We stole your national pastime because we are so great.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

How dare anybody say the truth about America! Those bastards should be hung in a public square. Ra ra Merica!

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

America has always been a work in progress. It’s never been “great” (at least for everyone) and it hasn’t totally sucked for everyone either.

Your freedom of speech is great.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Haha thats funny. You only stole our players. I could care less where a stupid hockey trophy goes.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Haha thats funny. You only stole our players. I could care less where a stupid hockey trophy goes.

Hockey night in Canada says otherwise friend.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

So I'll put you down as a "maybe" on the MAGA hat.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

So you want to ignore the fact that groups of people were marginalized, and that America wasn’t very great for them.

Okay. Cuomo didn’t want to ignore that. Which was the point of his quote.

I'm half Apache, and half Scottish. My Indian genes think America was great before the pilgrims showed up.

Men would hunt and fish all day while the women did all the work. There was a bonfire and singing and dancing and people tripping on payote evey night.
Ahhh... the good ole days.

Can we go back to that?

edit on 15-8-2018 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Maybe we could change it to Keep America Mediocre if it'll help you sleep at night.

I mean you seemed to be worked da # up over a supposedly dumb slogan, lul.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

" In Life , there are ALWAYS Consequences "

Adam to Eve .

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

I don't think the Federal Reserve would like that :p

Peyote... Man who needs money lol.

edit on 15-8-2018 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join