It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Andrew Cuomo shocks crowd, says America 'was never that great'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Then answer me this: what’s so good about being great?

Hey if you're content in / you strive for / your whole concept of reality is bent on mediocrity, well then you're still not equipped to follow along in this discussion, apparently.

You aren’t making any sense.

There were whole groups of people who weren’t prospering or having a very good time in this country, at all points in history. That’s a fact. There never was a time when everyone was great. I’m not talking about laziness or lack of motivation or criminality. I’m talking about people who were marginalized through no fault of their own. You may try to deny that whole groups of people were marginalized, but you would be wrong. There was NEVER a time when this wasn’t happening.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I've had the opportunity to visit many countries on many continents in my long and decrepit life.

America is great and it is leftist assholes (like Cuomo) who want to destroy America.

####ing loser.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I've had the opportunity to visit many countries on many continents in my long and decrepit life.

America is great and it is leftist assholes (like Cuomo) who want to destroy America.

####ing loser.

But, America was great, but then it wasn’t, and we want to make it great again? Explain that to me.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Triple post
edit on 15-8-2018 by BiffWellington because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

There were whole groups of people who weren’t prospering or having a very good time in this country, at all points in history.

Okay now cut your QUAZI-Neo-Nazi personal identity obsessionism out of the scenario.

The US was the best (greatest) place to make a living, get an education, etc. It WAS. Across the board, add it all up, and it was. EVEN IF IT WAS MORE TOWARDS LATTER DAYS WHEN IT WASNT ALL THAT FOR MINORITY TYPES THATS NT WHAT THE SLOGAN IS ABOUT BECAUSE IT ISNT INHERENTLY RACIST. Which by the way in majority of metrics of tolerance/acceptance type noise things have been NOTHING BUT on the up and up and up and up for the past 2 decades. BUT during that time education, prosperity, etc FOR EVERYONE has been on the decline down and down and down and down and down.

Seriously (seriously) FFS (FFS!)!!

Only racist, sexist, sexualist, etc types can only see this in the terms of racism, sexism, sexualism, etc. Most people (non-racist, non-sexist, etc types) look at that slogan and they just dont see what you racist sexist sexualist types do.

edit on 15-8-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

well, another point he was making is that the more we open up opportunities to all, the great our potential for greatness becomes. we aren't as great as we could be if every person, regardless of races, gender, income, was given the opportunity (and accepted it) to reach their fullest potential.
which brings me back to the "again"....
like things were so much greater when segregation kept the blacks in inferior schools, and out of many institutions of higher education and things such as race and gender kept some members from even coming close to reaching their potential.
and I am pretty sure you have noticed, just as I have, that those who seem to like this slogan are also the ones who seem to bemoan women in the workplace instead of home making babies and they seem to somehow tie those evil feminists into the downfall of our greatness.
I can't help but get the feeling that to them, making america great again means turning back the clock to a time when there were assigned roles for all of us to play which many times eliminated any opportunity to reach any higher than was needed to fullfill those roles.
but, oh ya, that will make america great again!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
It's funny watching you guys dance around the corporatist tax rate of the 50s and 60s.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

There you go blaming everything on the left again. Saying they want to destroy america with zero proof.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

So you want to ignore the fact that groups of people were marginalized, and that America wasn’t very great for them.

Okay. Cuomo didn’t want to ignore that. Which was the point of his quote.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Thats a whole lot of word salad without any cohesiveness. Where is your proof that america was better than canada or the UK or the netherlands or australia??

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

####ing loser.

But, America was great, but then it wasn’t, and we want to make it great again? Explain that to me.

Easy enough.

Are you better off now than you were in the past?

If you answer "yes" then America is greater than it was.

If you answer "no" then America sucks.

We see America based upon our own personal experience(s).

If life did you wrong, if you never had a break, if things suck for you, then America sucks, based upon your personal experiences.

'Kay?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

EVERYTHING the LEFT Accuses President Trump of , they are GUILTY of it Themselves . Think/Speak in Action . Going by that Premise , you can Understand the Devious Ways the MSM tries to Influence and Control Public Thought . WAKE the Hell Up People !...............

Communist Card Carrying ,,,,

" John Brennan Calls Trump Action 'an Abuse of Power' "

www.newsmax.com...

edit on 15-8-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I agree that there are certain types of people who love the slogan Make America Great Again, because for them, it means back when women and minorities knew their place, homosexuals were hidden in a closet somewhere, and white males ruled the world.
edit on 15-8-2018 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

There you go blaming everything on the left again. Saying they want to destroy america with zero proof.

Leftists are an enemy of freedom.

Embrace the hate, brah, if that's your thing.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I have a really bad feeling about that guy. My gut tells me he's a rotten, sick bully.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Coumo is a chump ass politician whom wants to stoke his racist sexist sexualist genderist base by virtue singalling his rabble rousing moral emotional wedge issue BS against the slogan that is about regaining prosperity here in the United States ( the most tolerant place to about all the jazz you're trying to headbang about [with the exception of maybe Thailand & Brazil concerning trans people).

Which by the way go move to Thailand I'll bet they'd have no inkling of racism towards you. It'd just be peach curry!

HUMAN BEINGS ARE TRIBALIST AND THATS IN OUR DNA GET A EFFING CLUE.

Ye SJW types are most tribalist obsessed creatures in this nations history, ass tribalist as the most across our species in all of human history, and its time you wake up to this fact.

I cant even take this mediocrity anymore have fun get the last word.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Which is why the slogan “make America great again” is dumb. Again, meaning when? Great, for whom?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Your the one who hates the left and thinks they are an enemy of freedom.... brah!

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

Leftists are an enemy of freedom.

Fake news!

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BiffWellington

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: BiffWellington
Depends on what you mean by "great". It's certainly been less than great to a lot of people both inside and outside its borders throughout its history. Of course it's been great for some people. Not so much for, say, American slaves, citizens of third-world dictatorships whose rulers were cozy with American business, and the residents of Hiroshima.

Dang , what Century is your reality based in ?
Or what Universe in the Multiverse ?
Sure ain't this one. Slave days have well been over and WW 2 ended some time ago.

Well, two of my three examples were from the 20th Century You know, the one right before this one and the one in which most of us grew up? And one of those two is still pretty relevant to our foreign policy as of this week. The third occurred in the 18th and 19th, with negative aftereffects that lingered into the 20th and 21st.

And I'm pretty sure most of them occurred in this universe.

What ?????
Second Line
What ????

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join