It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The double standard of the media... a recent case study

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Lumenari

Additionally, I hope the DNC will take her accusations seriously and seek to ostracize this guy. Also, I hope she seeks legal counsel and makes a police report so that officials can investigate him.

The point I was trying to make is that, if you click on the links of the top four news agencies for the USA, this isn't even on their top page.

If it was a Republican, there would be 24/7 coverage of it.

So to me, there appears to be a deliberate attempt to steer public opinion by the media.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

The media, the court of public opinion has found him, "Not Guilty" because DNC.

There's your answer.

Sad, ain't it?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Additionally, I hope the DNC will take her accusations seriously and seek to ostracize this guy. Also, I hope she seeks legal counsel and makes a police report so that officials can investigate him.

The point I was trying to make is that, if you click on the links of the top four news agencies for the USA, this isn't even on their top page.

If it was a Republican, there would be 24/7 coverage of it.

So to me, there appears to be a deliberate attempt to steer public opinion by the media.

This may or may not be Luminai. There are at this time a #pot of big headlines regarding Trump that are filling up the infosphere. Whether or not this is a cover up will become more evident if and when the woman makes official charges with local authorities. Until then, it will remain a back burner issue. I hope she does.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
So the DNC Deputy Chair, Keith Ellison, D-Minn, appears to have beat his ex-girlfriend.

(snip)

The only thing I get out of this blatant attempt of the media to steer public opinion is that if I was going to be beaten by a partner who was in politics, I need to be dating a Republican. Because if I was dating a Democrat and told my story, I would have no friends, nobody to go to and I would be thrown to the wolves.

Interested to see what ATS thinks about this latest indicator that the MSM is nothing but a propaganda organ of the DNC.

There's some flaws in your methodology here.

* you're using just a single case that you cherry picked. What happens if we use these same methods on a random case? Do we get the same results?
* with other cases, how fast does this kind of information outrage develop? Does it develop over a week or a month?
* What's the difference in stories where the apparent perpetrator has been accused before and those where the apparent perpetrator hasn't been accused before?
* you don't analyze what else is going on in the news when this happens -- is it a slow news week or one with many things happening? Do stories like this "catch fire" in weeks with little happening?
* what's the position level of the accused? What happened with other cases for other parties where the accused is of the same sort of political position?
* what's known about the people involved? How prominent are they?

...etc.

A good case study has to answer that; to provide a good analysis. An op-ed doesn't. If you want to do a true case study, you'll have to be able to show the answers (not just opine them) to questions like the above.

Finally, a case study only answers questions about one case and cannot be used to then show that all other instance of this same type of event are treated the same way. For instance, several case studies of individual cases showed people were cured of cancer by prayer. However, broad studies of many cases show that prayer is not an effective method of treating cancer.

You can't leap to a conclusion about bias based on just one case with no information about how these usually proceed.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
It’s just more evidence of the media’s disgusting hypocrisy

Remember, when the media is clutching their pearls about needing to report on and believe any accusers, they actually don’t care at all

All that matters is pushing their sides narrative

Abuse allegations? Republican equals non stop coverage. Democrat equals near silence

Violence by a group? Right leaning equals non stop coverage. Left leaning equals ignoring or making excuses for it

Criticizing law enforcement? Republicans do it, media says they are destroying the country. Democrats do it, media applauds and agree with them

Criticize press? Trump does is, it’s a horrible evil that shows he is a dictator. Democrat cuomo does it, silence.

It is almost every issue.

At this point it’s fun to watch them squirm and shill harder and harder everyday

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

No real flaw in my methodology at all.

I didn't cherry-pick a case... it is just the latest Democratic scandal.

As far as the rest of your post, I refer you to the 4 links I posted as the top 4 news sites America uses for information.

They are not reporting on it... at all.

They are ignoring it because it does not fit with their agenda.

Period.

If you cannot see the disparity between how Democrats and Republicans are treated by the media, then I don't know what to tell you.

The bias is there.

If it is a Democrat, it is under-reported and we are supposed to be civil and the person is not guilty until tried.

If it is a Republican, they get roasted by the media in the court of public opinion and when they are found not guilty, it is a byline on page 8.

Just life and we are supposed to just ignore it, because that's just the way it is.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Seems as though you found the story quite easily. In fact, Googling Keith Ellison shows TONS of links at the top of the results discussing the abuse allegations. CNN is obviously biased toward Democrats, of course they're not going to report on it. The same reason The Blaze or Breitbart don't report on Republicans being charged with crimes, it's all partisan BS to get you caught up in your emotions. Congrats on falling for the propaganda.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Seems as though you found the story quite easily. In fact, Googling Keith Ellison shows TONS of links at the top of the results discussing the abuse allegations. CNN is obviously biased toward Democrats, of course they're not going to report on it. The same reason The Blaze or Breitbart don't report on Republicans being charged with crimes, it's all partisan BS to get you caught up in your emotions. Congrats on falling for the propaganda.

Stop pretending you don't feed at the same trough.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

The test is to look at any issue that both the republicans and democrats have done something

Take something like getting dirt on opponents from Russians

Now let’s look at how the media treats trump vs Hillary on that front

Or how about how they treated trump about his alleged abuse of women, vs how they treated bill Clinton

Or how they treated trump separating families at the border, vs how they treated obama

Or how they treated trump going after cnn, compared with how they reacted to obama not merey going after fox, but actually wiretapping a reporter who ran a negative story in him

It’s almost every single issue

So no, I do not think this is a one off issue, it’s is another in a long list of examples showing much of the main stream media is not about being journalists, but about being an arm of the Democratic Party

Heck, the studies showing how over 90 percent of co stage on trump is negative proves that, when compared to their fawning coverage of obama or hillary
edit on 15-8-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Are you calling ATS a trough? I would have to agree to a point, partisan pigs love to gorge themselves around here these days, I simply sit back and watch and give my input every now and then.
edit on 8/15/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Are you calling ATS a trough? I would have to agree to a point, partisan pigs love to gorge themselves around here these days, I simply sit back and watch and give my input every now and then.

Your input is not without sin while pretending to be above the pigs either! Oink Oink!

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Hey, you're the one who called yourself a pig not me, I was only going off of what you said. I call out both sides, you can look at my posting history. I can't help that these threads are far more popular and abundant than the others.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Hey, you're the one who called yourself a pig not me, I was only going off of what you said. I call out both sides, you can look at my posting history. I can't help that these threads are far more popular and abundant than the others.

I don't have to look at your posting history zir! I have read enough to know you are full of snip everytime you jump into a political conversation and pretend you are Jesus Christ! You forget those days you jump on all partisan with your opinions dawg?

I am partisan and will admit it. Can you?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I guess you missed the point that I didn't fall for anything.

I was merely pointing out that there is a current Democratic scandal and CNN, MSNBC, Google and Yahoo are not reporting on it.

Feel free to click on the links I provided and look at their front page.

Not being emotional. Pointing out that they are not reporting it as they would a Republican.

For the record, Breitbart isn't on the top 20 (or maybe 100) news organizations in America. Neither is the Blaze.

So I have no idea why you even brought them up, unless you are trying to equate apples with mistletoe.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Nice try to spin it Byrd, however, as the OP aid if you can't see it or won't admit there is a media bias against conservatives then there is no reason to even engage you in discussion.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Again those reading comprehension skills need a little work. Another woman has come forward with similar accusations, and there is a third woman, someone who came forward awhile ago but was dismissed.

The woman, from what I read in the article has made no statement. 
I'm sorry but where in the link provided does it say that she refuses to release the tape. 
I read it twice and could not find that

Since you couldn't find in the article you read, I will provide it for you from only one of a number of articles about it.

Monahan has said she won’t release the video that her son described in the Facebook post. And while she has released dozens of text messages she and Ellison sent to each other, they don’t specifically corroborate violence or verbal abuse. Some texts are obviously cropped in the middle of an exchange.

Not only has she said she won't release it, he already knew of her claim that a video existed which he has denied. She has provided some text messages and says she will not release the tape.

Now that's 3 women making similar accusations. Only accusations at this point, I fully support innocence until proven guilty, however it is very clear that a double standard applies.

www.google.com...
edit on 8/15/2018 by DJMSN because: Addition

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

Why do you feel the need to impugn my reading skills here D but thank you for the additional information. If you wish you can read through the conversation the OP and I have had which has already offered enough additional information to fill in some of the gaps I found in the original post, in fact you will notice in one of those relies, OP went back to the original post and added another link so as to provide more information to the thread.

It's all good so let's try to get along here and further develop our conversational abilities for the benefit of us all.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
**Off Topic**

Ok, I'm sorry for the ignorance.
But did I miss a Memo?
What is this Reeee thing about.
I missed a couple of days on ATS, and suddenly everyone is Reeeee.

What does it mean🤗🤔🤗

**return to topic**😊
edit on 16-8-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

Edit:

noun. 

A call made by all faithful osprey in the events of bonding together through the perpetual efforts to vanquish the beast.

Thus the time will soon draw near when all osprey call out, "REEE!" and the beast shall be destroyed. Only in this time will happiness again be found.

Am I close
edit on 16-8-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   

She should release this video to an attorney who can then
speak on her behalf. She will then be protected, and no
one can force her to release it to the public, yet at the
same time her reputation is protected.

She should do this as soon as possible, for her it could
be a matter of life saving decisions for her and her son.

In no way should she underestimate the further harm that Ellison
might to her if she does not move immediately to protect herself.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   

LOL, no, no you don't. you are a solid one sided, one trick pony. Don't believe me? Look at your posting history.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join