It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The double standard of the media... a recent case study

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
So the DNC Deputy Chair, Keith Ellison, D-Minn, appears to have beat his ex-girlfriend.

In a Facebook post, the son Austin Monahan described an almost two-minute long video he allegedly found on his mother's computer that captured Ellison "dragging my mama off the bed by her feet, screaming and calling her a 'f####g bitch' and telling her to get the f### out of his house."

Karen Monahan is the ex-girlfriend and refuses to release the tape. Keith says there is no tape because it didn't happen.

Woman refuses to release tape, says it is "too painful"

U.S. Rep. Keith Ellison’s ex-girlfriend said Monday that she will not release a video she said shows him dragging her off a bed while screaming at her, Minnesota Public Radio News reported.

Ellison, a candidate for state attorney general in Tuesday’s DFL primary, denied the accusations that came out late Saturday and said the video does not exist. He confirmed he was in a relationship with Karen Monahan, which ended in 2016, and said he still cares for her well-being. But he said the allegation, initially posted by Monahan’s son on Facebook, is not true.

Monahan’s son wrote Saturday that he had seen a video on his mother’s computer showing Ellison dragging her. She later said his post was true and she had suffered “narcissist abuse,” including lying and manipulation, while in the relationship with Ellison.

Monahan provided an extensive statement on Sunday to the Star Tribune and other media outlets describing their relationship, but she did not respond Monday to further requests for comment.

“What do survivors have to do to finally be heard and believed? Should we all have body cameras on at all times, so we are prepared?” Monahan posted on Twitter.

She told MPR News that she would not be posting the video for many reasons, including that it’s traumatizing, humiliating and sets an expectation that abuse survivors must prove their stories.

Mr. Ellison is currently leaving his seat in Congress to run for Minnesota's next attorney general.

Washington Examiner Article

This has been "news" for a few days now.

However, where is it in the news?

CNN Main Page

MSNBC Main Page

Yahoo News

Google News

More and more it is looking like the only job the mainstream media has is to steer public opinion towards the Democrats getting back the house.

Reverse this scenario. Say the deputy chair of the RNC was accused of beating an ex-girlfriend, the son saw the tape and posted about it, the woman confirmed that her son was right but doesn't want to release the tape.

It would be splashed 24/7 all over the media with people protesting to get the tape released.

But if a Democrat does it?

Meh... doesn't fit the narrative... who cares?

So this poor woman is essentially getting thrown under the bus by the DNC because... the mid-terms are more important than her.

How can anyone honestly be a Democreat anymore and hold their head up in public?

The only thing I get out of this blatant attempt of the media to steer public opinion is that if I was going to be beaten by a partner who was in politics, I need to be dating a Republican. Because if I was dating a Democrat and told my story, I would have no friends, nobody to go to and I would be thrown to the wolves.

Interested to see what ATS thinks about this latest indicator that the MSM is nothing but a propaganda organ of the DNC.

edit on 15-8-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Reeeeeeeeee?

Nah, there is no double standard in the media. All in your head! /EXTREME sarcsm

edit on 15-8-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Thank you for your thoughtful insight.

I am leaving the computer for awhile now.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I wonder what might be said if the RNC had the MSM by the short and curleys, and they used it to push their agenda? I'd bet the ACLU would want to talk about the 1st amendment, and we'd here "collusion!" screamed from the basement stairs.

link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Thank you for your thoughtful insight.

I am leaving the computer for awhile now.

My bad!
I felt guilty so I added to it. Forgive me?

BTW? The Reeeeeeee? Wasn't addressed to you, but to those you triggered. Just wanted to get that out there.

link   

To be honest, the man is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, and there haven't been charges laid against him.

Now I say this, would say it for a republican also. But if I said it about a republican, then I'm a Nazi, partisan, dirtbag, evil, xenophobe or something.

So yes, there is a blatant double standard because rules only apply to the other guy.

That's why I think we really should just play the leftists like they play us, but I have a moral compass so I find it difficult.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I am going to somehow give you an internet award for the oddest first reply... ever.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I am going to somehow give you an internet award for the oddest first reply... ever.

I am often misunderstood! If I was a comedian, I would most likely be arrested for hate speech!

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

And I think that is the problem.

You don't want to sink to their level because it is the wrong thing to do.

However, after the 100,000,000th time you get kicked in the crotch, you seriously start contemplating just playing by their rules.

I see no real answer for it besides pointing it out when it happens and let as many people see it as possible.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

However, after the 100,000,000th time you get kicked in the crotch, you seriously start contemplating just playing by their rules.

I see no real answer for it besides pointing it out when it happens and let as many people see it as possible.

I agree with that concept, however when we see these protests where ANTIFA shows up to make it a riot. How many times do we hear both sides are idiots?

Whether both sides are idiots or not, whichever side uses violence to silence others is in the wrong. So in that case, both sides are NOT idiots. The idiots are the side who used violence to silence those they disagreed with. Yet the media, you are talking about having double standards as shown in my second video, just goes to show how much these pricks are pushing for a societal breakdown.

If we allow these radicals who say "free speech is hate speech" to silence anyone who they disagree with, we as a country are lost?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
A woman's son made the accusation.
The woman, from what I read in the article has made no statement.
I'm sorry but where in the link provided does it say that she refuses to release the tape.
I read it twice and could not find that allegation.

Here, I will read it more slowly one more time.

Ah, nope, read it again and that information was not there.

Also you forgot to mention that the DNC has issued a statement that says

"These allegations recently came to light and we are reviewing them. All allegations of domestic abuse are disturbing and should be taken seriously,

Now take that as we will, there still is no information about this other than the mans denial and the sons comments on Facebook.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

There will be those who see the double standard and there will be those that ignore it.

Pointing out their hypocrisy is a full-time job with lousy benefits.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
A woman's son made the accusation.
The woman, from what I read in the article has made no statement.
I'm sorry but where in the link provided does it say that she refuses to release the tape.
I read it twice and could not find that allegation.

Here, I will read it more slowly one more time.

Ah, nope, read it again and that information was not there.

Also you forgot to mention that the DNC has issued a statement that says

"These allegations recently came to light and we are reviewing them. All allegations of domestic abuse are disturbing and should be taken seriously,

Now take that as we will, there still is no information about this other than the mans denial and the sons comments on Facebook.

I'm sorry you can't use google. Well, you can to deny stuff, but not to look up her side.

Woman refuses to release tape, says it is "too painful"

I had thought that most were up to speed on this... I will add it to the OP

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The Ellison Clown was a functionary in Farrakhan's outfit and weasels around any questions concerning such. Maybe he has the same opinion of women's place in the world as his fellow travelers and beats his property when they disobey. It wouldn't surprise me, at all.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Some women get off on, demand to be beaten semi-regularly. Just saying.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Or...you start looking for another pair of balls. I have to say though, stopping the kicks is also an option.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

That is a good addition to your OP Lumenari. If fleshes out the whole situation to a finer degree.
I did not google because from what I could understand you were asking where was any of the rest of media reporting on this as if no one else had done so.

Your additional supportive link offers more reason to consider this mans credibility. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Additionally, I hope the DNC will take her accusations seriously and seek to ostracize this guy. Also, I hope she seeks legal counsel and makes a police report so that officials can investigate him.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Some women get off on, demand to be beaten semi-regularly. Just saying.

As someone who got their ass beat by her husband for a number of years before I finally got him in jail, I really hope karma comes back to bite you.

Plenty of beta males out there get off on, demand to be beaten semi-regularly. I owned one once.

Just sayin.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join