It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cool video, 50 years of nuke testing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
This is a very impressive yet disturbing video showing various nuclear weapon tests over the last 50 years.

enjoy

(WARNING: LARGE DOWNLOAD 8.0MB)
www.big-boys.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
No doubt. That's one of the most impressive one's I've seen yet. The scene of the mannequin standing on the deck facing the explosion was slightly chilling.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Yeah, raises the questions of nuclear armament again doesnt it, but thats for another thread.
Nice find SIRR1, and cool vid.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
that was a really cool video and really raises questions to weather this type of nuclear anament will ever come into play on the war on terrorism

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
were those odd looking ones detonated in mid-air? i've haven't seen nuclear weapons detonated like that before, though i've heard about it.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSaddenedElf
were those odd looking ones detonated in mid-air? i've haven't seen nuclear weapons detonated like that before, though i've heard about it.

Those were air bursts, some at high altitude. The only time a suface burst would be used in wartime was if there was a single, very hard target to take out. If you want to damage large areas detonation at altitude is most efficient.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
crazy video...

i hope nukes / any other "weapons of mass destruction" are never used in battle or on citizens (i feel it WILL happin though)...

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Hey SIRR1...that was 1 very kewl find man...as usual posters on this site going over the top about nuclear war and our imminent demise lol
...i luved the way it waz mixed 2 White Zombie...at least sum dude put his Media Studies class 2 good use....so my tax $$ were well spent

You have now inadvertently introduced me 2 the "Big-Boy" site...wot a laff...perhaps a few more ATS members should take a walk on the wild side...Comedy Anyone?

P.S. i thought that scene with the dummy was hilarious and really well edited with the music....chilling indeed lol...some1 needs a chill-pill

m8

[edit on 24/2/05 by hardbodyactiv]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   
www.big-boys.com... This is by far the scariest nuke video I have ever seem. You can clearly see the earth moving up and then creating a land ripple over a large area! That must have been a very powerful deep blast. Talk about a man-made earth quake.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   
WOAH...thanx beyondSciFi....that link well and truly rocked my world this fine beautiful sunny morning lolol

I say more videos of nuclear testing set 2 emotive music

peace out

[edit on 25/2/05 by hardbodyactiv]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Anytime, I love helping out my fellow ATSers. Im going to try and look for some other cool nuke tests and post them here if thats ok. I would like to see if anyone has videos of atmospheric and space tests of nukes, they are hard to find on the web.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
that is some scary sh**!

reminds me of ending minutes of doctor strangelove.
scary!

and this underground bombing looks pretty nasty!
it IS a manmade earthquake!
imagine what would happen if your drop a nuke in a volcano?

even scarier!

oh, and one more thing:
i dont know where you found that "COOLness" here?
the title of the thread should be SCARY video, 50 years of nuke testing!

[edit on 25-2-2005 by Souljah]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by beyondSciFi
www.big-boys.com... This is by far the scariest nuke video I have ever seem. You can clearly see the earth moving up and then creating a land ripple over a large area! That must have been a very powerful deep blast. Talk about a man-made earth quake.

Good find beyondSciFi, ive never seen any videos of below ground detonations of even knew that they had tryed that (although it did cross my mind).

-

The destructive force of those things is so chilling, not just the blast but that blinding light and the terrifying shock-wave of well everything. That manican sent chills to me too, but watching that round metal container basically melt and unfold i also found very disturbing.

Vorta

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I didnt find much about nuke testing in space except this trailer for a video about it. www.vce.com... The end is kind of interesting...

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Im just wondering if any one has seen the space detonation footage of a nuke?

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
2 more nuclear testing videos.

enjoy

www.compfused.com...

www.compfused.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Now ask yourself how much radioactive fallout is circling around in the atmosphere, 50 years of testing, it doesn't just go away, ever. Yeah, how cool, we can kill ourselves just 'testing' these weapons, ah but it's tobacco causing the sharp increase in Lung Cancer over the last fifty years isn't it?

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
they are all taken from `Trinity and beyond` - the atomic bomb movie

have a look for it!!

and , also look out for `nukes in space` about the developement of ICBM`s , with a short sequence at the end about safeguard and the russian ABM system as well

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I didn't watch the video clip because I'm a lame @ss dial up user, and it takes me forever to watch these things. There are a couple DVD's out there titled "The atomic bomb collection" and also "bombs in space" my best friend has them both, and I"m prety sure he pick it up at best buy. It's narrated by William Shatner (if I recall correctly). It even has a pretty cool soundtrack of a lot of classical music that ties in kinda well. and features an hour or more of recently de-classified videos. It even has an option to watch the show in 3-d if you want!

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Just what was that sailor thinking ?!

Scary stuff though, makes you almost realise that all this testing and effort that goes into these bombs is not all for nothing, and that one day they will be used again... it's a sad thought.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join