It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Distortion front man attacks Trump supporter during show.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
LOL! None of us feel "sorry" for the man... he's gonna get paid, y'all! He's just been handed a blank check, it's just a shame for him the check is from a washed up never was who doesn't have the vast resources to go after of, say, a Jay Z or a Bruce Springstein.

I just think you lose your man card if you start a fight and then lose and then sue. Sure you're legally in the right. Sure the other guy started the fight, you even have a little bit of moral ground, but that's no man.

If you think getting flipped off is grounds for a fight, then you are truly an idiot and don't need to be around regular people.

You guys keep missing my point. I'm not defending Ness. He was wrong.

But if you flip someone off for 10 minutes and then NOT expect a fight you're an idiot. That's how fights start. You can't start a fight and then cry about it later.

Everyone is hating on Ness, and that's okay. He was in the wrong. But nobody is calling out the guy for his personal responsibility, and his idiocy. I am. He was a jerk and he should have expected a beat down. Not deserved one, but you act like a jerk then you better be prepared to pay the consequences.
edit on 18-8-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

But if you flip someone off for 10 minutes and then NOT expect a fight you're an idiot. That's how fights start. You can't start a fight and then cry about it later.

Take the politics slant out of this equation and you have perfect symmetry. No one in this thread, who has ever been that guy flipping the bird, would ever expect anything other than what you asserted. Moreover, no one in this thread that has ever been provoked to the point of physical confrontation would ever expect anything other than the above. It strains credulity to come in here and suggest giving someone the universal “f$ck you” for any amount of time, let alone flagrantly for minutes, isn’t grounds for throwing bows.

Getting into a fight isn’t the smartest of moves. But there are some awfully deficient IQs out there. So, if there are grounds for engaging in a fist fight — call it an unwritten rule (e.g. pro baseball has an unwritten rule where a hitter doesn’t flagrantly taunt the pitcher, if he does, he’s getting drilled and the benches will clear and only if Rougned Odour is out there will any good shots be landed) — giving someone thing finger qualifies. It’s not necessary, but it is sufficient.

Moving on, recently, there was a Wake Forest University assistant basketball coach charged in the death of a local (Raleigh, NC) man, after he punched out the victim, who later died in hospital from injuries sustained to his chrome dome bouncing off an NYC street: Raleigh Man Dies in NYC — Wake Forest Coach Charged

Mr. Jones literally punched this man’s lights out. Did he do it just because the guy knocked on his window, mistakenly asking for a ride?? Or did the guy mouth off and possibly flip him the bird in a drunkenness state, and BAM, Mr. Jones jumps out of his car and swings on him??? I’m not excusing Mr. Jones if, that indeed, that is the case, but I find it strains credulity that a man simply knocking on a window would enrage a man to the point of dusting his clutch...

Much more likely that the guy knocked on the window, was rebuffed and followed up with a middle finger and/or something to the effect of that. I’ve seen it happen more than I can count with drunk persons, and a great deal of the time the guy giving the finger is actively instigating further escalation. It doesn’t explicitly state the victim was drunk (it’ll come out in court, though), but if he was, the posited scenario is one I’ve experienced personally and seen countless other times. For whatever reason, drunk people have a predisposition to give people the finger and instigate fights.

So, I’ll keep up with this story because it’s local, but I’ll also drop back in once discovery is complete and I’ll correct myself and the record, if this guy wasn’t drunk and/or didn’t give Mr. Jones the finger or something very similar in effect.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Hey, just walking in Portland with a MAGA Hat can get you busted up or killed!

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

So, if I was at a football game and I stood up for a quarter with my middle finger up and the Middle Linebacker jumped into the stands and beat my ass would that be ok? That is what happened. Screw punk culture or any of that other crap with these guys. Ness is not 'punk rock' anymore unless the band is still living in a 20 year old van.

I cannot say that the guy in the crowd was wrong. Did it trigger someone, yeah, and after thinking about it there should be no law suit but criminal charges would be fine with me. It is battery. If I walked up to you on the street and beat the # out of you I would be in jail. If you gave me the finger and did it I would be in jail.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

So, if I was at a football game and I stood up for a quarter with my middle finger up and the Middle Linebacker jumped into the stands and beat my ass would that be ok? That is what happened. Screw punk culture or any of that other crap with these guys. Ness is not 'punk rock' anymore unless the band is still living in a 20 year old van.

I cannot say that the guy in the crowd was wrong. Did it trigger someone, yeah, and after thinking about it there should be no law suit but criminal charges would be fine with me. It is battery. If I walked up to you on the street and beat the # out of you I would be in jail. If you gave me the finger and did it I would be in jail.

I agree with most of what you're saying. It's not okay for the linebacker to jump up in the stands. It's not okay for the singer to jump in the crowd. It's not okay for you to walk up to me and randomly attack me.

but...Where's the personal responsibility for the "victim".

Would you tell him. "...it's America we have freedom of speech, you can give everyone the middle finger and tell them to F off all day long. it's part of the constitution. Have fun pal!"

I'd tell him. "I wouldn't do that if I was you. Act like a jerk and there will be consequences, many times. It's not logical to start trouble and not be prepared for a negative consequence that may include violence."

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join