It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Distortion front man attacks Trump supporter during show.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

A #ty " Garage Band " Dissin' the Faithful ?

LONG LIFE THE FIGHTERS OF PERSONAL FREEDOM ! ( Raises Blade ) .................

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: RMFX1

The victim here doesn't appear to be a small man and I haven't seen anyone say his statement of being restrained was inaccurate. Are you seeking some manner of defense or deflection for the singer with no self control? Are you also a "she shouldn't have worn that dress" deflectioner?

His size is irrelevant. He went looking for trouble. He got what he wanted. I doubt very much that he would have fought back even if he could. It was planned and thought out and here we are discussing it. Law suit incoming.

Wake the # up

You understand the concept... lawsuits are used to punish someone who has wronged another, particularly in an act of outrageous loss of self control. I'm perfectly woken up here, I simply rise out of a different bed than you seem to wallow in.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Again, in what world does a middle finger equal starting a physical fight? How goddamned weak is Ness' psyche that being flipped off is viewed as a threat? LOL! He got the punk part right, but he's about as "rock" as Radio Disney.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

As a person who basically grew up in the LA/OC punk scene, the whole scenario is silly. West coast punks have always raised a middle finger to the band in lieu of gobbing.

Also, Mike has been getting into fistfights with his fans since at least 1982.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Again, in what world does a middle finger equal starting a physical fight? How goddamned weak is Ness' psyche that being flipped off is viewed as a threat? LOL! He got the punk part right, but he's about as "rock" as Radio Disney.

Let's be real for a minute and think about it tactically. If I was talking self defense with someone, I would say a good way to start a fight is to flip someone off for 10 minutes. Other people may not act rationally, we might, I won't hit someone if they flip me off for 10 minutes, but I know people that will fight over that. I would tell that guy... but for your safety, don't do it. If you do flip someone off for 10 minutes, be prepared for a response that may include physical violence.

Let's leave Ness out of it for a minute. Acting like a Jerk will sometimes lead to a fight. You act like a jerk be prepared.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Meh, why even begin to defend an entertainer assaulting someone in the audience. There is no way to defend that behavior.

Now if the guy had jumped up on stage and attacked him, that would be a different story. As it is, they will have problems getting booked anywhere now. Violent people attract a violent audience and huge liabilities for the venue dumb enough to book them. You pay, the venue is liable for your safety. Their insurance drops them, they are out of business.

I'm not really defending Ness though. I'm saying the guy in the audience was a jerk and agitated and escalated the situation. He's responsible for a good part of it. Personal responsibility is a big deal.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Amazing that this dude is so lacking in self control that he'd attack someone in his audience...for any reason, other than being attacked physically.

For being given the "bird"...? Really? There's really only one word for that. Loser. Actually, pitiful works, too.

The dude giving the bird is kinda weak, too, frankly. I go to a concert to have fun. I, perhaps wrongly, presume he likes this band?? So why act that way?

Sad state of affairs, all 'round. Buncha permanently trapped in adolescence morons.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: SprocketUK

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Why would a concert goer heckle the band singer?

You must be young. Half 5he fun at punk gigs was giving the lead singer grief

Not young.

Older.

Flower Child

Your as old as the person you feel

Oh, I'm very young in that regard.

Workout at the gym everyday.

Have a young boyfriend.

An open mind.

And I like Hammerschmitt 😁

Five reasons why you are one of my role models for when I grow up.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   

So, does this mean when those AntiFa asswipes give the finger to the police it is ok to beat the hell out of them? I mean...they triggered the situation?

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Has anyone else known of a time in history where people were so opposed with politics.

It's the trophy for everyone generation, their candidate lost and they were never taught how to accept failure.

It cant be them, has to be an outside source like the Russians

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

So, does this mean when those AntiFa asswipes give the finger to the police it is ok to beat the hell out of them? I mean...they triggered the situation?

Turns out police are just pawns of the local liberal mayors.
And these liberals mayors might even tell the police to look the other way if antifa attacks or guide conservative crowds through dangerous areas

And respect for police officers is at an all time low.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I'm not going to discount his passion....but as far as greatest American Artists ever I have to really disagree....I like several of their songs and debated seeing them in Columbus, OH last year....but their sound is the same. They are like punks version of 311. Can't escape that sound.
So many better artists before him. Even Danzig stands head and shoulders above him and he is the closest thing to a midget heavy metal has

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

Rollins. No question.

Glen Danzig doesn't have the intensity in his entire body that Rollins still has in his nose hairs

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

You know what I mean, some people are unhinged, angry, prone to violence, mike ness and cops included, I'm just saying if you flip someone off for 10 minutes be prepared for the consequences, you may be doing it to someone prone to violence. Not saying it's right, but if you do that you are starting trouble. It's about personal responsibility and being mature.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I have gone to 100's of shows, many in St Pete Fl in small venues.

when were you bumming around st pete?

me from 82-95

might know some places youre talking

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
A punk band expressing political beliefs!! Oh my!! *clutches pearls*

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: atlantiswatusi

Agreed. But, damn, I thought that post would’ve gotten much more run than your single reply...I did see someone mention Black Flag, though.

Black Flag/Rollins Band were before I really got into (old enough) music, but as a kid I knew something was different about Henry. If I had to pick someone from the music of my youth to have a beer with, it’d prolly come down to Henry or Flea.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

LOL! None of us feel "sorry" for the man... he's gonna get paid, y'all! He's just been handed a blank check, it's just a shame for him the check is from a washed up never was who doesn't have the vast resources to go after of, say, a Jay Z or a Bruce Springstein.

I just think you lose your man card if you start a fight and then lose and then sue. Sure you're legally in the right. Sure the other guy started the fight, you even have a little bit of moral ground, but that's no man.

If you think getting flipped off is grounds for a fight, then you are truly an idiot and don't need to be around regular people.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: amazing

LOL! None of us feel "sorry" for the man... he's gonna get paid, y'all! He's just been handed a blank check, it's just a shame for him the check is from a washed up never was who doesn't have the vast resources to go after of, say, a Jay Z or a Bruce Springstein.

I just think you lose your man card if you start a fight and then lose and then sue. Sure you're legally in the right. Sure the other guy started the fight, you even have a little bit of moral ground, but that's no man.

If you think getting flipped off is grounds for a fight, then you are truly an idiot and don't need to be around regular people.

Could be valid if one considers that dude shoots son over chicken wings.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Hey, thanks for that GG Alin/Jerry Springer show. Highly interesting and entertaining, especially the lawyer from the Judas Priest trial who clearly is a fool. Too bad the clip isn't complete, would love to have heard more.

I worked at a bar in the late '90's that had no cable tv, just broadcast and on graveyard there wasn't much else to watch except Springer and most times I hated that show. The one you pulled up was rather interesting and informative, I think LOL. Not sure if I'll ever come around to GG's point of view but Jerry handled it pretty well and it didn't become the usual fiasco that JS was all about.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join