It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Distortion front man attacks Trump supporter during show.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
LOL! None of us feel "sorry" for the man... he's gonna get paid, y'all! He's just been handed a blank check, it's just a shame for him the check is from a washed up never was who doesn't have the vast resources to go after of, say, a Jay Z or a Bruce Springstein.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
LOL! None of us feel "sorry" for the man... he's gonna get paid, y'all! He's just been handed a blank check, it's just a shame for him the check is from a washed up never was who doesn't have the vast resources to go after of, say, a Jay Z or a Bruce Springstein.

I just think you lose your man card if you start a fight and then lose and then sue. Sure you're legally in the right. Sure the other guy started the fight, you even have a little bit of moral ground, but that's no man.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Why should he be handed a blank check? He instigated a political conflict at a punk show, and he lost. What if hockey players sued each other every time there was a fight? You know the arena, you know the sport, you know the players, piss off with your tears.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

I just think you lose your man card if you start a fight and then lose and then sue. Sure you're legally in the right. Sure the other guy started the fight, you even have a little bit of moral ground, but that's no man.

LMAO! The "other guy" was such a little bitch he needed his fans to restrain the man while he thumped on him! While we're pulling man cards, maybe we should take a look at that, not to mention what a little vagina he seemed to be getting so ruffled over seeing another man's middle finger pointed at him! Your definition of a "man" seems sketchy, dude.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Todd Bertuzzi ring a bell?

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

LMAO! The "other guy" was such a little bitch he needed his fans to restrain the man while he thumped on him! While we're pulling man cards, maybe we should take a look at that, not to mention what a little vagina he seemed to be getting so ruffled over seeing another man's middle finger pointed at him! Your definition of a "man" seems sketchy, dude.

Okay maybe Ness loses his man card too then.

But you don't think if you start a fight and lose...that it's wrong to sue? Maybe I'm old school but you used to get in a fight, lose and that was it. These days...

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I don't think showing someone your middle finger is starting a fight. Punching, shoving, hitting, kicking, throwing something at a person, threatening them... that's starting a fight. Getting flipped off is just someone saying "Hey, eff you!" which isn't provoking jack squat.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

a reply to: sine.nomine

Todd Bertuzzi ring a bell?

Yes, I was watching live. But that wasn't a fight. I agree it's messed up, but the guy held his middle fingers up for two full songs. It's a punk show. He didn't have his back turned or get cheap shotted. He did a stupid thing. Sorry. They're both wrong. Screw em.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Did he really need that though? Or is that just the sort of bitch thing that bitches say when they start a fight and get their asses kicked.

It's the old cliche. "There was 10 of them!"

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: RMFX1

The victim here doesn't appear to be a small man and I haven't seen anyone say his statement of being restrained was inaccurate. Are you seeking some manner of defense or deflection for the singer with no self control? Are you also a "she shouldn't have worn that dress" deflectioner?

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
It is A-FREAKIN-MAZING that when a person who supports our president, not Trump, I mean, that was just his name, violence is ok.

I have literally beaten people in pits who attack the weak. For all of you who state you have been to shows you know what I mean. There are aholes who are there to simply cheap shot. My friends and I when we would identify them would make sure it did not end well.

I have gone to 100's of shows, many in St Pete Fl in small venues. It gets heated. Things happen. Come away bloody MANY times...it was fun. Operative word here.

But to go to a show and call out the singer and be held so he can kick your ass? I would not sue. I would ask him to fight locally. Go to the local radio and call him out. Get Ness on the phone. Raise some money for a cause if he is such a tough guy.

However...bottom line....they are performers. It is a contract. They have no right, if they do not like the crowd, to attack them. Walk off. I have seen it. Leave. Hell, ever been to a GWAR Show? ???? LOL...you expect it.

In this case the only person wrong was the one who resorted to violence. I don't like any band or singer who pulls this prima donna # and I sure as hell would have stepped in not because of the protest but out of respect of others. You do not let someone who does not deserve it get their ass kicked by a bully.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Who?

Social what?

Quite honestly, never heard of 'em. Or heard 'em, for that matter.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Did you come here to discuss or just troll the thread?

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I agree with just about everything you said there, except they're both to blame. He even said he didn't pay for the politics but only the music “I pretty much said I paid for your music, not your politics,” But most punk rock is political Sex Pistols, Reagan Youth, Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, minor threat etc. You know before you go.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Apologies, quoted the wrong post

edit on 16-8-2018 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Man card

Adolescent behavior in an adult does not exactly make one a man. Just another child in a mans body, who may look like a man but ............

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
a reply to: Annee

Did you come here to discuss or just troll the thread?

So what you want to fight?

Bottom line he should sue the band as part of thier job they are required to look out for the safety of their guests. A ticket to a show is an in invitation to their show. Attacking ones guests is assault. Should have him arrested as well.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Man card

Adolescent behavior in an adult does not exactly make one a man. Just another child in a mans body, who may look like a man but ............

LOL And I understand that, but if you start something you should accept the consequences.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

a reply to: RMFX1

The victim here doesn't appear to be a small man and I haven't seen anyone say his statement of being restrained was inaccurate. Are you seeking some manner of defense or deflection for the singer with no self control? Are you also a "she shouldn't have worn that dress" deflectioner?

His size is irrelevant. He went looking for trouble. He got what he wanted. I doubt very much that he would have fought back even if he could. It was planned and thought out and here we are discussing it. Law suit incoming.

Wake the # up

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Meh, why even begin to defend an entertainer assaulting someone in the audience. There is no way to defend that behavior.

Now if the guy had jumped up on stage and attacked him, that would be a different story. As it is, they will have problems getting booked anywhere now. Violent people attract a violent audience and huge liabilities for the venue dumb enough to book them. You pay, the venue is liable for your safety. Their insurance drops them, they are out of business.

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join