It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Distortion front man attacks Trump supporter during show.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Abysha
a reply to: network dude

I don't know... maaaybe Ness beat him up for flipping him the bird for two songs?

Are you of the belief that this is an appropriate way to deal with situations like this?

Well if it was Lemmy he'd be dead.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Correct.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Lemmy is dead. may he rest in rock.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Headline should read front man assaults fan over political affiliation.

Why is "Trump supporter" always pointed out?
Could it be tribalism?

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Why would a concert goer heckle the band singer?

You must be young. Half 5he fun at punk gigs was giving the lead singer grief

Not young.

Older.

Flower Child

Your as old as the person you feel

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Why would a concert goer heckle the band singer?

You must be young. Half 5he fun at punk gigs was giving the lead singer grief

Not young.

Older.

Flower Child

Your as old as the person you feel

Oh, I'm very young in that regard.

Workout at the gym everyday.

Have a young boyfriend.

An open mind.

And I like Hammerschmitt 😁

edit on 16-8-2018 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Social D kinda like the old punk scene. Lot's of violent mosh pits and fights. I left many a punk show bloody and bruised. Always had a great time though. What did this idiot think? I don't go to a country music show and expect a warm welcome for Hillary Clinton. LOL

People need to stop being snow flakes and move on. You don't like Social D then don't go to a Social D concert. LOL What kind of idiot does that?

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: sine.nomine
a reply to: Lysergic

I'm not defending either of these morons. But I used to put on concerts in my home town with punk and hardcore bands. It's just the culture. Hell, I used to play in a few in my youth. We'd do stuff like throw baseballs at each other's faces when someone messed up a riff, or stage dive with a guitar axe chop. We'd wear it as a badge of honor when an ambulance had to come or someone got arrested. I couldn't tell you how many times venue owners or cops shut down shows for violence. We'd leave and all hang out at the after party anyway.

Respect the music scene. Screw the people. Both of em.

Sounds stupid

And like a good place for Darwin to hang out

It was stupid. Were you never a teenager?
edit on 16-8-2018 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Social D kinda like the old punk scene. Lot's of violent mosh pits and fights. I left many a punk show bloody and bruised. Always had a great time though. What did this idiot think? I don't go to a country music show and expect a warm welcome for Hillary Clinton. LOL

People need to stop being snow flakes and move on. You don't like Social D then don't go to a Social D concert. LOL What kind of idiot does that?

So when you pull up to a stop light in your powder blue Prius and your Obama Biden sticker proudly displayed on the back, and Ted Nugent walks up to your car, opens the door and punches you in the face, that's cool too? He's a rocker and you know how wild those crazy rock stars are.

The lead singer is a snowflake who can't deal with one of his fans disagreement. So he beat him up while the audience held the guy back. What an enormous pussy. He didn't even give the guy a chance to defend himself. Asshat to the extreme.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
His first move should be to sue the venue, the band and the nut who beat him up separately. Go after them all. I highly doubt in that neck of the woods any celeb would get anything more than a slap on the wrist.

What happens is that no venue will be interested in the liability of hiring that band, more or less limiting or ending their careers. It would matter little if he won the suit or not. You cant bond the event or insure them, it's over. At the very least the aggressor would have to be fired from the band for it to continue.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Not the same thing. I have been to 100's of concerts. Lots of pits. NEVER did a singer jump down and start beating the hell out of someone.

You see. The guy putting up his finger is a lot like the NFL players that kneel and THAT Is ok with the left and the anti-Trumpers.

In a nutshell, the gentleman was beat up for expressing his first amendment right. Exactly what PUNK ROCK promotes....

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: amazing

So when you pull up to a stop light in your powder blue Prius and your Obama Biden sticker proudly displayed on the back, and Ted Nugent walks up to your car, opens the door and punches you in the face, that's cool too? He's a rocker and you know how wild those crazy rock stars are.

The lead singer is a snowflake who can't deal with one of his fans disagreement. So he beat him up while the audience held the guy back. What an enormous pussy. He didn't even give the guy a chance to defend himself. Asshat to the extreme.

LOL First of all I would never drive a prius and Ted wouldn't even get a swing in on me!

But on a serious note...I'm just saying that you don't go to a social D concert and not expect and anti Trump message or two. And if you were taken by surprise, just let it go and move on. You don't stand there giving him the finger for 2 songs and heckling him about it. That's instigating conflict, right? I teach self defense and that's rule one. you don't start the fight. You have to let some things slide.
edit on 16-8-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Not the same thing. I have been to 100's of concerts. Lots of pits. NEVER did a singer jump down and start beating the hell out of someone.

You see. The guy putting up his finger is a lot like the NFL players that kneel and THAT Is ok with the left and the anti-Trumpers.

In a nutshell, the gentleman was beat up for expressing his first amendment right. Exactly what PUNK ROCK promotes....

I think there's a little more to it. He was instigating conflict. It's a concert, he should have just let it go.

"Okay the singer hates Trump, but I like some of his songs...do I stay or do I go?" (See what I did there? LOL) "Or do I stand up for Trump and give him the finger." You can see he just made a bad choice. A concert isn't really the place to make a statement like that.

My other point was, there are fist fights at punk rock shows since the 70s. Mike Ness is old school. Not defending him hitting him but...thinking logically. If I try to pick a fight with a punk rock guy, I might get one. If I don't mind a fight, that's fine. If I don't want a fight, then it's not a smart thing to do.

Oh and NFL protests are a whole different issue or discussion. This isn't the same conversation with that.

Who watches NFL games for the national anthem anyway and I've never been in a house where everyone stopped drinking beer and eating pizza to stand up with their hand over their heart. I've done it at times, but I also served in the military. It mean's a little bit more to me, maybe. I served so that those guys have the right to protest.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

The ironic thing is that all these people calling for legal action are the same people who call for less government. The guy was doing a douchebag thing in a douchebag place to a douchebag person. He got what happens. No judge or jury needs to be brought into this affair. Waste of taxpayer dollars. Waste of time. Waste of space.

ETA: Anyone upset about this is really upset about Trump. In one way or another, for or against, and you know that's true. Jesus, grow up people.
edit on 16-8-2018 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

The ironic thing is that all these people calling for legal action are the same people who call for less government. The guy was doing a douchebag thing in a douchebag place to a douchebag person. He got what happens. No judge or jury needs to be brought into this affair. Waste of taxpayer dollars. Waste of time. Waste of space.

ETA: Anyone upset about this is really upset about Trump. In one way or another, for or against, and you know that's true. Jesus, grow up people.

LOL exactly. LIke walkig into a church and getting mad cause they don't worship satan. or wearing a MAGA hat to a Hillary Clinton Rally. Or walking into a bar and getting mad cause everyone's drinking!

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I'm sorry guys I haven't read the whole thread just the OP, so apologies if this was already covered but, how the hell would he know that he was a Trump supporter? Was this dude out there screaming pro trump rhetoric? Was he wearing a MAGA cap? What exactly is the deal here?

I'm sure that the SD front man isn't psychic, so something happened before hand. But what exactly?

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: RMFX1

Read the source article.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
“I pretty much said I paid for your music, not your politics,” the guy said.

It's Social Distortion! LOL You're going to get some political message. What does he do when he goes to Rage Against the Machine concerts?

Not defending Mike Ness in this post, just saying this heckler wasn't right in the head.

It would be like me going to see Charlie Daniels and getting all offended because he doesn't like Obama! How would you not know these things before hand. One of the biggest parts of music is the message/the Lyrics.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Deleted
edit on 16-8-2018 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

a reply to: RMFX1

Read the source article.

I just did. I'm sorry I can't feel sorry for this guy. He was looking for trouble, and found it. He's a douche. And an adult giving the finger to a band for 2 full songs? What an immature baby. Pathetic.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join