It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Distortion front man attacks Trump supporter during show.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I agree it was a bitchass punk move. But dude's being a punkass bitch complaining about it. He should've known better is all. And if he didn't, he does now.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

I agree it was a bitchass punk move. But dude's being a punkass bitch complaining about it. He should've known better is all. And if he didn't, he does now.

# I'll let some geriatric # punch me for a pay day.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

He's not complaining, he's getting paid. Capitalism is the ultimate middle finger to a true punk legend like Ness. Hell, he may have to resort to eating vegan ramen and sell some of his Happy Meal toys to pay for his lack of self control. LMAO. There really is no downside to this story now that I think about it.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

# I'll let some geriatric # punch me for a pay day.

I would as well, but I'm not so keen to have any of his fans touching me with their slobber covered hands. Even my profiteering has limits.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I'm not defending either of these morons. But I used to put on concerts in my home town with punk and hardcore bands. It's just the culture. Hell, I used to play in a few in my youth. We'd do stuff like throw baseballs at each other's faces when someone messed up a riff, or stage dive with a guitar axe chop. We'd wear it as a badge of honor when an ambulance had to come or someone got arrested. I couldn't tell you how many times venue owners or cops shut down shows for violence. We'd leave and all hang out at the after party anyway.

Respect the music scene. Screw the people. Both of em.
edit on 15-8-2018 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Why would a concert goer heckle the band singer?

Because it's fun! I know that live artists perform best under pressure (oryou can realy trip them up). A bit of lively audience engagement helps break the ice. I was a professional band heckler back in the 70's, I annoyed dozens of bands like Skynyrd, Ozzy, Bob Seger, UFO, Sweet and many more. If you played in a band back then and some jerk screamed at you it may have been me.

edit on 15-8-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I used to like them,but not unlike a few outspoken entertainment personality's speaking out about something you have no clue of,sex drugs and rock and roll tend to shy from political view,or public discord,opinions are best kept to themselves

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

To me it sounds like a win win; the guy will get some dough, ness gets street cred

Mike Ness and street cred?

Mike Ness is pure streets, ever heard Adolescents Kids of the Black Hole?
That was about Mike Ness's squat.

Sure he's moved on and progressed, that's what all musicians do - can't roll out the same old crap time and time again like so many 'rockers' do - but he is what he is, he's never tried to be anything different and he's always wore his heart on his sleeve.

I've seen literally hundreds of punk bands going back to about '79 when I saw some local bands live - I was about 13 or 14 at the time.
Seen all the well known UK punk bands including The Sex Pistols, apart from The Clash, and many US one's as well.
Couldn't begin to list them all.
Mates with a few lads who play in punk bands of varying degrees of success.
Met quite a few band members, a few relatively well known - Lars Frederiksen probably one of the nicest and seemed really genuine and down to earth.

Been in a many a dangerous situation and seen some crazy things.
Never once went to the police and never heard of anyone doing so.
No time for grasses.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Done any research on Mike Ness or you just shooting from the hip?

What did the guy really expect at a Social D concert?
The guy acted like a knob, tried to provoke Ness and got beat up.

And then to top it all then grassed him up to the police!

Really need that shaking head in disbelief emoji!

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Done any research on Mike Ness or you just shooting from the hip?

What did the guy really expect at a Social D concert?
The guy acted like a knob, tried to provoke Ness and got beat up.

And then to top it all then grassed him up to the police!

Really need that shaking head in disbelief emoji!

as do I.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   
A weekend at CBGB? Bwahahahaha.

And what is a Social Distortion...aside from a riot.
edit on 16-8-2018 by intrepid because: Fixed distorted band name.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Never made it to CBGB's.

Some good mates of mine played there a few years ago.
I was chatting to a couple of them in a pub a couple of weeks later and the guitarist said he just kept wondering what he was doing there as he was 'just a bricklayer from a #hole in North East England'.

Social Distortion at CBGB's back in '92.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Anyone remember this:

?

Glen Danzig isn’t such a Misfit, bad-ass after all, huh? Totally sleep him. I always wondered, as a kid, who’d get the better of the other between Henry Rollins and Glen, back in the day...
edit on 16-8-2018 by BeefNoMeat because: ATS mobile

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I don't know... maaaybe Ness beat him up for flipping him the bird for two songs?

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Why would you want to trip them up?

This thread reminds me why I rarely go to concerts even though I love music. It's the pain in the ass fans that ruin it.
Guess I'll stick to conservatory

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
In the liberals minds it's perfectly except-able to use violence on someone you don't agree with.

From the bottom sewer feeder all the way up to the top idiot Dem leaders telling them to take to the streets.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
In the liberals minds it's perfectly except-able to use violence on someone you don't agree with.

From the bottom sewer feeder all the way up to the top idiot Dem leaders telling them to take to the streets.

Because of one moron? You just won my "yawn of the day" award for that post.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Yeah.
I'm lib and one of the first responses in the thread was me saying this is not acceptable

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I'm not defending either of these morons. But I used to put on concerts in my home town with punk and hardcore bands. It's just the culture. Hell, I used to play in a few in my youth. We'd do stuff like throw baseballs at each other's faces when someone messed up a riff, or stage dive with a guitar axe chop. We'd wear it as a badge of honor when an ambulance had to come or someone got arrested. I couldn't tell you how many times venue owners or cops shut down shows for violence. We'd leave and all hang out at the after party anyway.

Respect the music scene. Screw the people. Both of em.

Sounds stupid

And like a good place for Darwin to hang out

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

I don't know... maaaybe Ness beat him up for flipping him the bird for two songs?

Are you of the belief that this is an appropriate way to deal with situations like this?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join