It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Distortion front man attacks Trump supporter during show.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
Is punk rock really still around?
I am a Trumper, but the guy deserved what he got just for going to see trash like Social Distortion.

Oh yeah it’s around

I prefer my punk old school

Sex Pistols

Let’s see what Johnny rotten thinks of trump

The former Sex Pistols frontman, who became a U.S. citizen in 2013, said on ITV’s “Good Morning Britain” that Mr. Trump is “a complicated fellow” but doesn’t deserve being labeled a racist by his liberal opponents.

“What I dislike is the left-wing media in America are trying to smear the bloke as a racist, and that’s completely not true,” the 61-year-old said. “There’s many, many problems with him as a human being, but he’s not that, and there just might be a chance something good will come out of that situation, because he terrifies politicians.”

Mr. Lydon said Mr. Trump is like a “political Sex Pistol” whose purpose is to rattle the status quo. After co-host Piers Morgan described Mr. Trump as “the archetypal anti-establishment character,” Mr. Lydon added: “Dare I say, a possible friend.”

www.google.com...

I agree with him

How punk is it to side with the deep state and main stream media?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I'm not surprised you're alluding to the fact that our nation's most dangerous incarcerated filth hates Trump and Trump supporters... what does surprise me is how easily you admit to that political fact and why it isn't a much greater feather in the Right's cap. Whatever this nation's Dregs despise should be beloved and embraced by anyone with any common sense.

Tim does need to have better taste in music and leave the teenie bopper Top 40 crap like "Story of my Life" to the wannabe crowd, however.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Mike Ness is a legend.

For what little my opinion is worth he's one of the greatest American artists ever.

If you want sanitised, mindless banality that dominates music nowadays go watch any of the inane, apathetic talentless tossers that dominate the music industry at present.

Mike Ness has passion and commitment - exactly what artists should be.

The irony is that many of those criticising Mike Ness are the self-same people who ridicule the snowflake generation and the PC brigade.
Funny how they change their tune when its someone with a different perspective who shows a bit of passion.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: network dude

C'mon it's not a real punk show unless you get into a fight with the band.
If you read the OP article, it wasn't what I would call a "fair fight". Security and fans were holding him back and letting the singer take repeated shots. If he was able to beat the piss out of the singer, I bet he would have been happy.

Meh at least it wasn't a gg allin show where he probably woulda had # thrown on him and been pissed on as well as beaten.

Gg Allin shows (warning you probably don't want to watch this it's all kinda #ed)

edit on 15/8/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: olaru12
Tims a marked man...The next rock show Tim attends will be much worse. And he better stay out of bars if he knows what's good for him.

Hahahaha!

Yep, anti facist punks will show this man who is boss for getting beat up!

Now they will follow him around and beat him up some more!

That doesn’t sound like a bunch of jack boot brown shirts at all!

Politics doesn't have anything to do with it. He went and ratted out someone to the cops. Punks hate that....That's what will bring down a world of hurt on that rat.

edit on 15-8-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

originally posted by: Annee
Why would a concert goer heckle the band singer?

You must be young. Half 5he fun at punk gigs was giving the lead singer grief

Not young.

Older.

Flower Child

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Don’t know mike ness much at all

I used to go to a lot of punk shows though

For what it’s worth, I was beat up a lot there, and loved it

As far as this situation, it’s not a snowflake move at all to comment on this

Ness beat up the guy while the crowd apparently held the guy

Cool

Now ness may have to pay up

Fine by me as well

Or is ness who seems like a real punk guy upset he will have to spend some money here?

To me it sounds like a win win; the guy will get some dough, ness gets street cred

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Tims a marked man...The next rock show Tim attends will be much worse. And he better stay out of bars if he knows what's good for him.

Hahahaha!

Yep, anti facist punks will show this man who is boss for getting beat up!

Now they will follow him around and beat him up some more!

That doesn’t sound like a bunch of jack boot brown shirts at all!

Politics doesn't have anything to do with it. He went and ratted out someone to the cops. Punks hate that....That's what will bring down a world of hurt on that rat.

I am a huge fan of the dead Kennedy’s, who I would consider one of the most original powerful punk bands of all time

East bay ray and jello Biafra have restraining orders against each other and are not allowed to play together

I guess they are rats as well that deserve to be beaten

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I actually like Social Distortion and listened to them a lot in my youth.......guess I will not be going to their concerts in the future

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
If I had a nickel for every time I bled at a punk show, I'd be a millionaire, no lawsuits needed. This dude should've known better. Was he expecting there wouldn't be a strong presence of TDS at a social distortion show?

Idiot.

Rock on, everyone else.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

He should be Honored to be Beaten Up by a Celebrity . Did he get his Autograph ? ..........)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Guess I need to get on these money maker hats lol.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Mike Ness is a legend.

...a legend who apparently needed the rest of his crowd to hold the man's arms down so he, Ness, could get in the punches and kicks he wished to inflict. Legend? Sounds more like a little bitch to me...
edit on 15-8-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yeah thats 100% #boi territory.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

The guy said he was there "for the music, not the politics". Now, I support Trump, but the guy deserves to get his ass kicked for that statement alone. Nobody goes to a true punk show just for the music. If that's why you're there, you deserve a beating for wandering into the wrong place with your middle fingers up.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
Nobody goes to a true punk show just for the music. If that's why you're there, you deserve a beating for wandering into the wrong place with your middle fingers up.

He wasn't at a true punk show, we're talking about social distortion... pop punk teenie bopper crap band. There's a reason they're one of the top selling "punk" bands in the world while real punk bands enjoy very modest album sales.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
a reply to: Lysergic

The guy said he was there "for the music, not the politics". Now, I support Trump, but the guy deserves to get his ass kicked for that statement alone. Nobody goes to a true punk show just for the music. If that's why you're there, you deserve a beating for wandering into the wrong place with your middle fingers up.

At the end of it all I don't really care, punk ass bitch move is a punk ass bitch move, don't gaf if someone calls themself a punk or nah.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Yeah thats 100% #boi territory.

LOL, his wiki bio says he collect Hamburglar toys and is a vegan. LMAO... that's one tough hombre right there, let me tell you what. No wonder he needed his audience to glom the poor bastard and hold him down before he could whip an ass.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Yeah, maybe you're right. Either way, that's what you get for listening to pop-punk.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Taylor Swift is about as punk as I get.

*ducks and runs out of the thread*

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join