It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Distortion front man attacks Trump supporter during show.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jubei42
Wait, I'm confused, how did the lead singer knew the guy in the audience was protesting against his political views?
From what I read, the guy was holding up his middle finger during two songs and that's what got the attention of the lead singer.

Stupid move from the lead singer and weird that the security didnt intervene right away. But the argument that it was his political views that got him punches and not his middle finger is kind of weak

Political views aren't specially protected in this country, so it serves no benefit for the assaulted man to lie about that.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I'm not saying anybody lied or views need protection. I'm asking how did the front man knew the guy with the middle finger was protesting something he said two songs ago?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Why would a concert goer heckle the band singer?

why would a person in the audience of a stand up comedy show heckle the comedian?

You don't think comedy & a rock concert are different?

i dont understand.
at both you pay to watch someone and listen to someone.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42

Ah, I see. The article says the two had a verbal confrontation before the hasbeen launched himself off the stage and assaulted one of his few fans.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Why would a concert goer heckle the band singer?

why would a person in the audience of a stand up comedy show heckle the comedian?

You don't think comedy & a rock concert are different?

i dont understand.
at both you pay to watch someone and listen to someone.

Because comedians often interact and trade barbs with their audience.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The guy flipped him the bird for two songs. Doesn't excuse what happened but the guy was pretty much asking for it. Don't flip somebody the bird unless you want some kind of confrontation, if not then don't do it. I'm sure he'll win the lawsuit, which he should, but he still got what he asked for in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
The guy flipped him the bird for two songs. Doesn't excuse what happened but the guy was pretty much asking for it. Don't flip somebody the bird unless you want some kind of confrontation, if not then don't do it. I'm sure he'll win the lawsuit, which he should, but he still got what he asked for in my opinion.

...do you feel the same when a cop busts some asshat upside his head for cursing at or flipping the police off?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

wtf are you talking about?

the singer was in the right to piece him up cause he got flipped off?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Mike Ness living the song:

It was a hot summer night, mid-July
A hangover and a black eye...

-Born to Lose

This time not as the protagonist! Oh well. And you don't have to hit someone for it to be assault so flipping the bird could also be called assault. A win for the lawyers!

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Exactly what I was thinking, 2 douchebags in their natural habitat. But obviously it needs to be political now, because that's what this thread is about. Trump supporter assaulted by Trump hater.

What's next? Guy refuses to pay taxes -> Headline "Hardline Trump supporter takes on the deepstate by himself!"

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I don't think the concert goer deserved it. I've seen a case where a concert beat down was justified. That was in the 90s when a jerk in the crowd of a huge music festival threw rocks at Mike Patton(Faith No More), the Better Than Ezra singer seen it happening and went after the rock thrower.
edit on 15-8-2018 by dreamingawake because: where*

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The guy got punched because he was flipping off Mike Ness for 2 straight songs. How would Mike know the guy was a Trump supporter? It was in the middle of the show, it's not like they were having a conversation. Hypothetical: If you were standing in front of a group of people, and a guy was standing there, flipping you off, for the better part of 5-10 minutes (depending on which songs), wouldn't you get pissed off too?
I'm in no way saying Ness should've done what he did. He definitely shouldn't have, and will absolutely lose a court case. But, this has nothing to do with the fact that Ness was upset because the guy is a Trump supporter. In fact, the guy was asking for it by being so disrespectful. I agree with Enlightened, he was asking for it. If you flip off a fellow douche for that long, you're going to get hit. Nothing political about it, he was being a jerk.
edit on 15-8-2018 by narrator because: update

edit on 15-8-2018 by narrator because: spelling

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

This looks to be one of those topics where you and I are on the same page, TST. The apologists are talking about this like either the flip off was a total justification for escalation or they're taking the "well, it's part of the punk rock culture" nonsense and treating Ness like he's GG freaking Allin and the fan should have expected it. First, Social Distortion is to punk rock what Nickelback is to heavy metal... a commercial friendly, bastardization of the genre at best. AKA "poseurs." Hell, I didn't even think they were considered punk until this article today, I assumed they were a pop band like Chumbawumba (OMG, I just googled them and Chumbawumba is now considered "punk.")

Check, please.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Not justification. Reason. He definitely isn't justified in doing what he did, but the reason he did it is because he was being flipped off.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Democrats have said it's okay to attack and cause violence to anyone who doesn't think like them.

Ooops, that's supposed to be AFTER the midterms.

Sorry.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

There isn't a single post on this thread, Democrat or otherwise, saying that Ness was in the right. Sure, there a a few saying that it wasn't political, and the guy got what he was asking for, but that doesn't mean it was right. Ness was 100% wrong for doing that.
But sure, stir the pot more with partisan BS. Whatever it takes to show the other side in a poor light.
edit on 15-8-2018 by narrator because: add

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator

There isn't a single post on this thread, Democrat or otherwise, saying that Ness was in the right.

Good.

Sure, there a a few saying that it wasn't political, and the guy got what he was asking for, but that doesn't mean it was right. Ness was 100% wrong for doing that.

Wonderful.

But sure, stir the pot more with partisan BS. Whatever it takes to show the other side in a poor light.

My post was to reflect the divisive nature of politics and to illustrate how it's not going to get better. I'm not a Kum-by-yah sort of guy. Politics is ugly, nasty, partisan and downright mean.

This may or may not have been political. but to ignore the growing hatred and acts of violence is putting your head in the sand.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

This looks to be one of those topics where you and I are on the same page, TST. The apologists are talking about this like either the flip off was a total justification for escalation or they're taking the "well, it's part of the punk rock culture" nonsense and treating Ness like he's GG freaking Allin and the fan should have expected it. First, Social Distortion is to punk rock what Nickelback is to heavy metal... a commercial friendly, bastardization of the genre at best. AKA "poseurs." Hell, I didn't even think they were considered punk until this article today, I assumed they were a pop band like Chumbawumba (OMG, I just googled them and Chumbawumba is now considered "punk.")

Check, please.

i am with you
are you serious about chumba being listed as punk?

i dont even want to look cause that is some bull#

i admit it must have been annoying to see a dude flipping you off for 10 minutes but you cant just go tune him up.

im gonna buy front row tickets to some entertainer with all kinds of paper and just flip their ass off the whole time. with any luck i will get smashed.

imagine the payday if paul mccartney tuned you up for flipping him off?

hahahahahah

in the states we would be getting paid but if we did that # to sir paul on the other side they would toss us in the hague or put us in the tower

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Then I misunderstood your post, my apologies. I'm in agreement with you, it's very divisive, from all angles, and I don't foresee it getting any better any time soon, in terms of both hatred and violence, from both (all) sides.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Dude, you really do write some funny S# sometimez!

That was good stuff, and cracked me up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join