It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Revokes Security Clearance of John Brennan Former C.I.A. Director

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
What a difference in the approach in the two current threads on this, one presents information, lists possible issues with this and asks for views and concerns. This one immediately lackeys itself with the decision, throws names around calling people mental and has no issue with the unprecedented act.

What Trump Youth here doesn't realize is that this is so irregular it will just draw more attention to an already shady administration and an ongoing investigation.

All just nails in the coffin.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: xuenchen

Known mental case
Bitter
A liar

So basically just like trump.

At least Trump wasn't a Communist!

"Are you now or have you ever been a member of the Communist Party of the United States?"

Nope! Nothing more that a red blooded, red neck Murican who lived most of my life in flyover country! Hell, even served my country.

This is like 1947 all over again.

Believe it or not I actually learned to read! My favorite book was by this guy named George Orwell, called "1984". My favorite! Also loved Fahrenheit 451 and Brave New World!

Hell! I am smarter than I thought! I can write too! Woo Hooo

edit on 15-8-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Translated "Take America Down"

Just don't count your chickens before they hatch,
or come home to roost.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: TinySickTears

Known mental case
Bitter
A liar

I'm beginning to think Trump doesn't actually like doing his job.

Brennan retired for Christ sakes.

And , your point ?
Methinks there was none.
No , Brennan did not retire for Christ's sake. Maybe Satan's ?
He retired as he saw the writing on the wall
You get terminated , and there is no retirement

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
In case no one has posted this yet. A flashback, courtesy of Q.

Brennan was forced to apologize to U.S. Senators, after admitting that his CIA was SPYING on them.
www.theguardian.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Trump - Full statement on revoking John Brennan's security clearance

As the head of the executive branch and Commander in Chief, I have a unique, Constitutional responsibility to protect the Nation’s classified information, including by controlling access to it. Today, in fulfilling that responsibility, I have decided to revoke the security clearance of John Brennan, former Director of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).

Historically, former heads of intelligence and law enforcement agencies have been allowed to retain access to classified information after their Government service so that they can consult with their successors regarding matters about which they may have special insights and as a professional courtesy.

Neither of these justifications supports Mr. Brennan’s continued access to classified information. First, at this point in my Administration, any benefits that senior officials might glean from consultations with Mr. Brennan are now outweighed by the risks posed by his erratic conduct and behavior. Second, that conduct and behavior has tested and far exceeded the limits of any professional courtesy that may have been due to him.

Mr. Brennan has a history that calls into question his objectivity and credibility. In 2014, for example, he denied to Congress that CIA officials under his supervision had improperly accessed the computer files of congressional staffers. He told the Council of Foreign Relations that the CIA would never do such a thing. The CIA’s Inspector General, however, contradicted Mr. Brennan directly, concluding unequivocally that agency officials had indeed improperly accessed congressional staffers’ files. More recently, Mr. Brennan told Congress that the intelligence community did not make use of the so-called Steele Dossier in an assessment regarding the 2016 election, an assertion contradicted by at least two other senior officials in the intelligence community and all of the facts.

Additionally, Mr. Brennan has recently leveraged his status as a former high-ranking official with access to highly sensitive information to make a series of unfounded and outrageous allegations – wild outbursts on the internet and television – about this Administration. Mr. Brennan’s lying and recent conduct, characterized by increasingly frenzied commentary, is wholly inconsistent with access to the Nation’s most closely held secrets and facilitates the very aim of our adversaries, which is to sow division and chaos.

More broadly, the issue of Mr. Brennan’s security clearance raises larger questions about the practice of former officials maintaining access to our Nation’s most sensitive secrets long after their time in Government has ended. Such access is particularly inappropriate when former officials have transitioned into highly partisan positions and seek to use real or perceived access to sensitive information to validate their political attacks. Any access granted to our Nation’s secrets should be in furtherance of national, not personal, interests. For this reason, I have also begun to review the more general question of the access to classified information by former Government officials.

As part of this review, I am evaluating action with respect to the following individuals: James Clapper, James Comey, Michael Hayden, Sally Yates, Susan Rice, Andrew McCabe, Peter Strzok, Lisa Page, and Bruce Ohr. Security clearances for those who still have them may be revoked, and those who have already their lost their security clearance may not be able to have it reinstated.

It is for the foregoing reasons that I have exercised my Constitutional authority to deny Mr. Brennan access to classified information, and I will direct appropriate staff of the National Security Council to make the necessary arrangements with the appropriate agencies to implement this determination.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Thank-you for posting that! Some of those individuals will be EASY to justify Security Clearance revocation, like Strzok and Page. Susan Rice will be harder. The next installment of the Spygate IG Report will make it much easier, however.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I have an issue with you so called " Trump Youth" statement...its utter rubbish.

Those of us that served, worked our arses off and cared for our neighbor in the pre internet world of beer muscled key board jockeys...dont want to just give away our good sense and decades of efforts to vociferous basement dwellers to squander away.

Your politicians just pay you lip service, and pocket money, they dont care about building, just profit, at all costs.

America made the free world, and it looks like the dirtbags running it are going to destroy the free world from America too.

Trump, with all his failings, still gets that, thats why he has our support, not because we are racists, war mongers or anything else.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

edit on 8/15/2018 by carewemust because: wrong thread. Too many tabs open, lol.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

It's also going to expose more crap from the Obama Adminiztrazion

💥😃💥

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

John Brennan is just the Start of the PURGE , the President is taking this Action to Preserve our Democratic Republic and the Rule of Law . BRAVO !

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

How Many Members of the C.I.A. do you Think Protested Against the President's Decision here ? Maybe 000000000000.1 Percent ? .......Hmm.......

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
And....cue the liberal media freakout!

Just too good to be true, they are all melting down.

John Brennan has not been silenced, for cryin out loud....
He just lost his SC that's all.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Known mental case
Bitter
A liar

So basically just like trump.

At least Trump wasn't a Communist!

"Are you now or have you ever been a member of the Communist Party of the United States?"

Nope! Nothing more that a red blooded, red neck Murican who lived most of my life in flyover country! Hell, even served my country.

This is like 1947 all over again.

Believe it or not I actually learned to read! My favorite book was by this guy named George Orwell, called "1984". My favorite! Also loved Fahrenheit 451 and Brave New World!

Hell! I am smarter than I thought! I can write too! Woo Hooo

Lost me on that one. I was just commenting about Hollywood and the media, mccarthyism, and brennan being a communist. I'll star you for replying even though I don't understand.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Just too good to be true, they are all melting down.

John Brennan has not been silenced, for cryin out loud....
He just lost his SC that's all.

Now when he opens his big flytrap and doles out some classified stuff, he will be whittled down to a twig.

He is a bitter and jealous maniac.

Very dangerous.

Watch for him to come up with some real whoppers and get burned to a crisp
💥😃💥
Democrats 2016 Fickle Flop

edit on Aug-15-2018 by xuenchen because: 🔑🚬🔓

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

John Brennan is just the Start of the PURGE , the President is taking this Action to Preserve our Democratic Republic and the Rule of Law . BRAVO !

I don't know why Sarah Sanders didn't include former Attorney General LORETTA LYNCH on the list of those having their clearances reviewed. She called for rioting and blood in the streets, after Hillary lost. That makes her even more unstable than Brennan.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Paul Ryan: Trump is 'trolling' with threat to revoke security clearances

Gosh darn Paul. You gotta keep up with QAnon bud. He's laid out Trump's entire plan against the deepstate.

Christ.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

www.theguardian.com...

edit on 16-8-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Oh trumps a communist alright.
A lap dog for the Kremlin and a tool of GRU.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

To the world that is the description of trump.
What did he say.. for lying and crazed ranting ?

That's just too much ya know.

Brennan says "No collusion? Hogwash!"
And he would know.
Trumps afraid right now. He's very worried his son is going to be next on Muellers hit list.
He's terrified what Michael Cohen has and he's terrified what Omorosa may have on the administration.
He knows what he did. He knows what they did and his utter desperation is glaringly obvious.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join