It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump revokes security clearance for former CIA director John Brennan

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Witches cast spells and curses you know. I'm not averse to throwing a stone or two.
I mean if you want to test my Gods and Godesses.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

First of all, "they" don't need it, "we" do. We need them to advise and share their expertise and knowledge with newer and less experieicned individiuals charged with national security.

You think anyone on that list would come forward and help the Trump administration? Their "advise" is dead in the water, so no clearance is needed. Add in most if not all have shown some security concerns and that is what started all this.

At this point I have no doubt that Brennan has shared everything he knows about the Russian intereference in the 2016 election with Mueller's team, but should he called as a witness he won't be aboe to access his own classified notes, and I'm not sure he's even able to talk about classified information that he may be fluent in without his security clearance.

He shared all his information..end of story...he can spend the rest of his days as a MSM news contributor.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It's not like I've ever tried to hide that or denied that fact Foxy. You know we have history that goes further back than February 2016.
Are you attempting to out me or something.
Obviously the terms and conditions allows for people to "try again" or I wouldn't be here.
I believe this is not an encouraged topic.

I've been a practicing witch for twenty five years.
In case you're interested.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Brennan has a pattern of leaking that goes back to before he was ever in the CIA:

As perhaps the President's most important national security aide, Brennan has been a key general in the shadow wars that the U.S. has been fighting around the globe during the first Obama administration. He's also been in a position to disclose secrets surrounding those espionage, sabotage and paramilitary operations. And many of those secrets have in recent months leaked out into the public.

Of particular concern to some intelligence committee senators is a teleconference that Brennan held with TV counterterror pundits on May 7, after the U.S. foiled an attempt by al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula to detonate an underwear bomb. According to Reuters, Brennan said during the call that the attack was never a major threat, because the U.S. had "inside control" over the plot. Commentators took that to mean that the American government had a double agent within the terror group, and talked about a likely U.S. mole on television. That effectively ended what was arguably the most successful human intelligence operation against al-Qaida in 11 years since 9/11. The double agent had to be pulled from the terrorists' ranks.

It wasn't the only leak. White House officials began disclosing details – sometime erroneous details – about the raid on Osama bin Laden's compound just hours after the terror leader's death was confirmed. Over the late spring and early summer of 2012, minutiae about how the White House selects its targets for robotic assassination began appearing in newspapers and books. According to one of those books, Dan Klaidman's Kill or Capture, Brennan was one of three men at the center of that decision-making process, along with Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. "Hoss" Cartwright and the President himself. "The three form[ed] a kind of holy trinity or targeted killings," Klaidman writes.

Leaks! Torture! Drones! Obama's CIA Pick Faces Skeptical Senators - Wired 01/09/2013

It is just silly to think that Brennan could ever be trustworthy.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

What happened to the peaceful transfer of power? The Obama Administration is not the enemy of the American people.

So, which is it? Is Brennan using his CIA connections to overthrow the president through a military coup, or is he using politics and his political free speech to affect public opinion?

What is dangerous or illegal about a former CIA director expressing political opinions and insight, as long as they are not exposing classified information? Fox News has no problem employing former high level government officials for commentary when it suits their agenda. Why should NBC be different?

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

It is just silly to think that Brennan could ever be trustworthy.

It's silly to think that the CIA, a civilian operation that answers only to the president and his cabinet, has to be forthright or transparent to any senator or senate committee, when it comes to national security issues.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

He shared all his information..end of story...he can spend the rest of his days as a MSM news contributor.

I said I believe that he shared what he knew with Mueller and his team, but they aren't tasked with protecting the nation from attack. It's the current INTEL community that needs Brenan's input on the current persistence of Russian attacks on US elections, and what was done under his watch.

edit on 18-8-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Witches cast spells and curses you know. I'm not averse to throwing a stone or two.
I mean if you want to test my Gods and Godesses.

Threaten away hag
You are about as dangerous as you are incompetent
Your reading comprehension skills here demonstrate that
barack and hillary are the only "gods and goddesses" your fat blue butt serves

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

It's not like I've ever tried to hide that or denied that fact Foxy. You know we have history that goes further back than February 2016.
Are you attempting to out me or something.
Obviously the terms and conditions allows for people to "try again" or I wouldn't be here.
I believe this is not an encouraged topic.

I've been a practicing witch for twenty five years.
In case you're interested.

Well then help !!!!!!

Help save the Election !!!!!! 🚮

The Witch of November, or November Witch, refers to the strong winds that frequently blow across the Great Lakes in autumn

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

That one couldn't save a dollar with a dollar off coupon on double coupon day at the grocery store.

The only thing it cares about is attempting to save face for hillary.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

What happened to the peaceful transfer of power? The Obama Administration is not the enemy of the American people.

So, which is it? Is Brennan using his CIA connections to overthrow the president through a military coup, or is he using politics and his political free speech to affect public opinion?

What is dangerous or illegal about a former CIA director expressing political opinions and insight, as long as they are not exposing classified information? Fox News has no problem employing former high level government officials for commentary when it suits their agenda. Why should NBC be different?

People with level of animus Brennan has can never be trusted not to use classified information to hurt political opponents. Even Flapper thinks Brennan is unhinged.

As for the peaceful transfer of power, Obama destroyed that by having his administration attempt to influence an election and by spying on the incoming Oresident and leaking information to the press.
edit on 20/8/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

na, it's just coincindence that everyone on trump's list happens to be on Mueller's witness list. heck trump didn't know that stripping their security clearance would reduce their ability to be effective witnesses in any future inquiries or testimony that might be asked to cooperate in..

gee, you know who else was a talking head spouting BS... Michael Flynn, and you can't get any more political than chanting "Lock her up" at trump's political rallies. his clearance is only suspended, not revoked!
matter of fact, cnn and those other mainstream media outlets that have the honor of sharing space with these high ranking intelligence people on trumps enemies list aren't the only ones who tap into ex-gov't and current gov't personnel who have security clearances. The right wing media have their own cast of characters using their security clearances to serve a political goal.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

you're talking about that election where comey went out shortly before the election day and announced to the world that they were reopening the investigation into hillary's email... but not a peep out of anyone about the investigation that was going on into the trump campaign and their connections to russians??? if they were out to tip the election to anyone, I would have to say they were wanting to tip it towards Trump!!

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: UKTruth

you're talking about that election where comey went out shortly before the election day and announced to the world that they were reopening the investigation into hillary's email... but not a peep out of anyone about the investigation that was going on into the trump campaign and their connections to russians??? if they were out to tip the election to anyone, I would have to say they were wanting to tip it towards Trump!!

So you agree there was just cause to fire the FBI director?
Hmmm....and all the mumbling about "obstruction".

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   

lol.... ya sure, as if that was the reason trump fired him!! it was all fine and dandy as long as the FBI director was investigating Hillary and opening his mouth up about that possibly sending the votes his way, just like it was okay to have his future National Security Advisor chatting with the talking heads about it and in at his rallies shouting "Lock her up" using his national security clearance to give extra legitimacy to his political speech....
but, it's a different story if the people are looking into him and talking about it right???

doesn't matter how you answer because the idea that the fbi was trying to throw the election to hillary just doesn't jive the way events happened.
oh and have you heard the latest news. now microsoft is saying that the Russians are hacking conservative websites, of course they are the conservatives that are still not too friendly with them and disagreed with trump about the russian sanctions.

www.foxnews.com...

have you seen those "I"d rather be russian than liberal" t-shirts? maybe you should go buy one. or maybe just go buy yourself a plane ticket to moscow..

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

oh so now your position is changed?
you people are a riot
disingenuous bitter bunch
perhaps that is the reason for the tshirt you are hocking?
I would wager there are PLENTY of unused plane tickets from lying democrats who vowed to leave when trump won.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

how has my position changed? the post I challenged asserted that the intelligence communities were working to throw the election toward hillary. the series of events though, seem to suggest otherwise if they were trying to effect the election well they about dealt hillary her death blow!
so you come back seeming to bring in that then I see trump's firing of comey as being okay. well, maybe it was, maybe it wasn't depending on just what his intention was when he did it. and sorry, I find it hard to believe that he fired him because of the actions he took prior to the campaign that negatively effected hillary. and, there are videos of trump online where he states that he had the russia investigation on his mind when he decided to fire him.

and as far as "us people" being a riot and all that...
well, if the "truth" that you are trying to pass off is so illogical I can't wrap my head around it, then maybe it's your truth that isn't truth!!!

by the was, this is MY COUNTRY, my ancestors blood has seeped into her soil, in all the wars that us white men have fought within her borders! I ain't going nowhere and never claimed I would!

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Losing a security clearance does cost these people money. Most government contracts require a security clearance.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join