It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charged with plotting to assassinate G W Bush

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Originally posted by dgtempe
Jsobecky, easy......you pick on the ladies with sexy avatars...Just wait till you get a woman president in 2008.... Better start practicing now...

By the way has anyone fed you yet?

Hey dg, I don't know too many ladies by the name of James.
But if they look like your avatar, well then, there's always an exception...

Condi Rice in 2008? So you'd support her, eh? I don't know if the US is ready for a woman president yet.

How about Hillary as prez and Condi as vice?

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Haha. Hillary for prez? No thanks. I think the main thing she has going for her is the spurned housewife role.

I don't know if there is a woman in politics that I would support right now. Maybe after the world calms down a bit, in 15 or 20 years.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
That is the dumbest, most ill-formed assassination plot I have ever heard. What, he just expects to catch Bush on his morning stroll to the mailbox? Yeeeah.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mj13
That is the dumbest, most ill-formed assassination plot I have ever heard. What, he just expects to catch Bush on his morning stroll to the mailbox? Yeeeah.

Yup. You are not going to see Bush running to Burger King like the future world prez, Clinton did. For obvious security reason but also the man can't stay on a segway. He's a hazard to his own health. But, I give him credit. Ronald Reagan was far worse off before the end of his tenure. Frankly, I've come to like Bush. No, really. I like the smirk he gives. He's just like "try to stop me". That's something I've never seen a president do. It kinda adds an extra layer to the whole thing. Makes it a bit more dramatic. He knows what he's doing. He knows the majority of humanity is against him. But he also knows the power he has been given temporarily. It would be kinda lame if his public persona was just the dopey "I have no idea the consequences of my actions" prez. And when he said he had political collateral or whatever it was he was not talking about the lame azzes that voted for him. He did a perfect job and was rewarded the seat again to finish it out. Go Prez! It's your Birthday!

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Here's the latest on this:
Man Accused in Plot to Kill Bush Was Not Tortured, U.S. Prosecutors Say

This is mentioned within the article:

WASHINGTON (AP) - A Virginia man accused of plotting with al-Qaida to kill President Bush should be held indefinitely, federal prosecutors said Wednesday in court filings that also rejected his contention that he was tortured while held in Saudi Arabia. At a court hearing a day earlier in Alexandria, Va., 23-year-old Ahmed Abu Ali offered to display scars on his back as proof that he was tortured by Saudi authorities. In their filing Wednesday, prosecutors said, "There is no credible evidence to support those claims."

Abu Ali never complained about his treatment during several meetings with an American diplomat in Saudi Arabia, according to the filing. Moreover, an American doctor examined him Monday and found "no evidence of physical mistreatment on the defendant's back or any other part of his body."

Edward MacMahon, one of Abu Ali's lawyers, said Wednesday he had not seen the government's motion and declined to comment. But on Tuesday, both MacMahon and defense lawyer Ashraf Nubani had said they had seen the scars on his back. Nubani said they looked like whip marks.

--snip--

His lawyers and family allege the Saudis held him at the U.S. government's request and tortured him with the knowledge of American officials. Prior to Abu Ali's return, a lawsuit filed on his family's behalf in U.S. District Court in Washington sought information about his capture and treatment.

I happened to run across a .pdf file of on an alledged Al Qaeda training manual where it is mentioned on the 17th page, this:

Lesson Eighteen: Prisons and Detention Centers

If an indictment is issued and the trial begins, the brother has to pay attention to the following:

1. At the beginning of the trial, once more the brothers must insist on proving that torture was inflicted on them by State Security [investigators] before the judge.

2. Complain [to the court] of mistreatment while in prison.

Al_Qaeda_Manual_TWELFTH_LESSON

More here:
UK/BM-84 Translation

Oh, the irony.....

seekerof

[edit on 23-2-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Nice connection Seekerof.

Who would have thought alledged Al Qaeda operatives would follow alledged alledged Al Qaeda training manuals?

The plot thickens.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowHasNoSource
But he pulls it off without even choking on a croissant.

[edit on 2-23-2005 by ShadowHasNoSource]

Lucky Jacques didn't offer hiim a pretzel!

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowHasNoSource

How about Hillary as prez and Condi as vice?

Those two on a ticket together?? Right!

Jeb Bush will be the GOP candidate in 2008.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Not Jeb. Anything but Jed. Nah, it won't be Jeb. It'll be this guy here.

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join