It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois manufacturer moving to Mexico over Trump tariffs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
STAFF EDIT: REMOVED SPAM
edit on 15-8-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Krazysh0t

What the EFF is being deflected?

Stack-On has operated in Chicago — its only two U.S. plants — for four decades, according to the Tribune, which added thatthe company already has factories in Mexico and China.

what does that have to do with anything?

those are open. these 2 in the states are closing.
we already know that

you cant have business in 2 different countries?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: markovian
...are we really sheading tears for 150 people assembling card board boxes instead of building the damm safes themselfs for more money per hr

Yeah well, going by your comments, I don't doubt for second that your not "shedding tears" over this...

Though, I'm fairly sure the 150+ people who just lost their source of livelihood and are now wondering how they're gonna pay their mortgage/rent, are a feeling a little down about it.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Wow, three pages in and only TWO stars and THREE flags 😐

The issue is, people see right through this pitiful attempt at a hit piece, you should be ashamed as you're like, one of the main leftist bosses here, tons of hit points, not much for brains tho in this case 😌

Ugh, let's going ahead and dismantle your bad thread.

The hill article is actually spinning this from the Chicago Tribube, nothing wrong with the joint, just the same virus that's affecting other institutions of journalism with dangerous leftist liberal ideas of hate and carelessness.

Source article:
www.chicagotribune.com...

Article starts off with this,

"The operation is really not profitable" -Fletcher the man himself 🤐

He had the decision to move AT THE ANNOUNCMENT OF THE TARIFFS BY BOSS TRUMP. Not as a result of any current business impacts, rather, just said, "whelp, we closing down BOTH of our ONLY plants in the US, but we still got cheap ass labor in other countries"...something along those lines, same thing pretty much.

Yeah about that last part, he has other plants already in operation outside the US.

So, what of the those layed off? That's the big question and none queried here in this bad thread. Did people easily assumed that's it?

Nada mas?

Actually, those layed off have the choice to remain with the company and go to El Paso, so they can WALK ACROSS THE STREET INTO MEXICO and go work......................
But hey, they have options, so of that hundred something odd group will undoubtely shrink numerically.

Rest of the article delves into what other companies are doing, many positive as they are consolidating and downsizing rather out right closing down. These are the painful moves that are needed imo, to adjust to our local markets.

All in all, MAGA is exactly just that, Making American Great Again.

Your hit piece failed, No Star No Flag 😐

edit on 15-8-2018 by Arnie123 because: Heh

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Wow, three pages in and only TWO stars and THREE flags 😐

Your hit piece failed, No Star No Flag 😐

i love all the middle crap too.
i dig you spent a bit of time on that

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Trumps taxes are hitting the boat industry here. It is only a matter of time before layoffs start happening unless the taxes are lifted.

Tariffs are taxes

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Just institute a crippling tax on companies moving overseas. Can't move overseas if they take 80% of the stuff going.

Huh. I figured that'd be antithetical to the very concept of Free Market economics that the right demands & holds so dear.
edit on 8/15/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Hopefully this company will stay there after America has won this war and stands Victorious.

There are several million wimpy Americans who should go with the company to Mexico or wherever. And stay there.

edit on 8/15/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Hopefully this company will stay there after America has won this war and stands Victorious.

There are several million wimpy Americans who should go with the company to Mexico or wherever. And stay there.

im trying to imagine if everyone was a bad ass as you

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: avgguy

“The company already has a plant in China and another in Mexico, and its only U.S. factories were the two in the Chicago area, Fletcher said“

I see you contently left this part out

Not sure why that is a problem or even needed to be mentioned. Since when are we worried about people in Mexico or China having steady employment?

Seems to be a re(eeeeee)acurring theme here. Companies blaming the tariffs are not doing well domestically and already have plants elsewhere in the world.

That's why its worth mentioning.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

This will be a poor move in the long-run for Stack-On.

The tariffs hopefully are a temporary thing until other countries pull their collective head out and realize that we refuse to be taken advantage of as a country anymore.

That said, I guarantee that there are other options that Stack-On could have taken, and I bet that moving out of the country will piss off many of their customers--which will result in loss of revenue, too.

Now, will that offset what they would have lost under Trump? I don't know, but since the goal is that these tariffs are temporary, it doesn't make sense to undergo the cost of the move, and the layoffs, and the offer to move people, not to mention the cost of dealing with opening production in another country.

I wonder, since you say that they "[care] about Americans unlike the President," if they will move back to Chicago and re-hire everyone laid off when they realize that this was a silly move to make.

I wonder...

You know, true story time: I lost my job because of the idiocy of Bush's and Obama's recession, and it ended up being great for me because I was force to find a different job. When I did, was making twice my salary with better benefits. Not everything is a terrible thing when jobs are lost, and in this economy with super-low unemployment and plenty of job opportunities, something tells me that things will work out okay for most, if not all, of these workers.

It sucks that their employers are making this decision, though. I wouldn't be surprised, though, to find out that consideration of moving plants existed before Trump's tariffs, and that this is just a political stunt placing the blame on him.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

The Trump followers are as delusional as he is and reject truth and reality to maintain their fantasies

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: Annee

The Trump followers are as delusional as he is and reject truth and reality to maintain their fantasies

Says the party of "Russia!"

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I lived in Illinois for years. This has absolutely nothing to do with Trump. This would have happened regardless of who is president. Illinois has been sinking for years.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

“The company already has a plant in China and another in Mexico, and its only U.S. factories were the two in the Chicago area, Fletcher said“

I see you contently left this part out

This is literally in the OP. Did you read it?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Maybe Mexico is a safer work environment than Chicago. Only time will tell.

The company CLEARLY said they are moving because of the tariffs. Don't play dumb.

I’m not dumb, the first thing I thought about was the increased cost of security in Mexico. I have spent a lot of time south of the border and most US company employees live in a secure compound, basically under guard.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Have to post due to technical K.O. of the op.
Don't ignore it lefties, then you guys ask why nobody takes you seriously.

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

The majority of Stack-On safes are made in China, the Illinois "plant" was a packaging and shipping facility. Since the safes are from China, they'd run afoul of the tariff laws and cost more, so they'll package and ship from Mexico to bypass this issue UNTIL the NAFTA deal is truly dead and we properly implement tariffs on crap from Mexico, then Stack-On will either cease selling their poor quality gun "safes" in the US or they'll actually construct a true manufacturing facility here and make the "Made in the USA."

Notice the fact that you cannot find any advertising by Stack-On that touts "Made in the USA." This is because it wouldn't be legal for them to say it, because they're not and never have been made in the USA. In the firearm industry, a USA label is considered the holy grail and, where legally factual and allowable, it goes on EVERYTHING ad related. This is very minor loss which will result in major gains for America down the road.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: efabian

Good call, almost reposted myself as leftist and their supposed "neutral" supporters largely ignored it.

Actually, that's how you know you're winning 😁

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Illinois manufacturer moving to Mexico over Trump tariffs
Trump's tariffs are making Mexico great again! It looks like a storage safe manufacturer outside of Chicago is closing up its factories, laying off 153 people and moving to Mexico citing Trump's tariffs as the reasons. This is yet one more factory to shutter its doors thanks to Trump's idiotic tariffs.

A storage safe manufacturer is reportedly planning to shut down two Illinois factories and move to Mexico in response to President Trump’s tariffs on Chinese metal imports.

Stack-On Products will close its two Chicago-area plants in October and lay off 153 people, according to the Chicago Tribune.

Al Fletcher, human resources director for the manufacturer’s Las Vegas–based parent company, told the newspaper that the company decided to relocate the operations to Mexico after Trump announced tariffs on steel and aluminum, as well as other products, from China.

“The operation is really not profitable,” Fletcher said. “Mr. Trump is part of this.”

Stack-On has operated in Chicago — its only two U.S. plants — for four decades, according to the Tribune, which added that the company already has factories in Mexico and China.

But hey, at least Stack-On cares about Americans unlike the President. They are offering to help people relocate to El Paso, Texas so they can commute across the boarder to the new factory.

Fletcher told the newspapers that some of the employees will be given the option to relocated to El Paso, Texas, across the border from its Stack-On factory.

Man I sure hope the Mexicans don't kick them out of the country for being there illegally. Those Americans are just trying to get a better life for themselves.

You should be loving this since it helps a minority S@-hole country that needs jobs.

Trump sure has you fooled in a big way. The tariffs are helping American jobs AND Mexico jobs. You don't like Mexicans? Just hoping to bash Trump without thinking things through and seeing the bigger picture?

What this has really done is flush out the fake folks. Those who one minute pretend to care about minorities and their home countries, (all those immigrants), then race bait others, and then suddenly pretend to just care about this country America only, so fitting your anti-Trump narrative from one minute to the next..

All because the tariff's are showing some birthing pains, you want to say it is a Trump or America fail..

Can't hide anymore..

edit on 15-8-2018 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
They need to raise prices on US sales to cover the cost. Trump also needs to be smart about the Tariffs and levy a tariff on safes coming into the country as well. You can't raise the costs on these people and expect them to compete with those that don't have the costs. Internationally i don't care what they sell.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join