It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Solar System Hydrogen Wall Blocking Alien Broadcasts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I think you have things a bit backwards.

A quarantine isn't about stopping us from getting all their knowledge. They started well ahead of us and knowledge has a way of accruing at a logarithmically accelerating rate, so we'll never catch up to them.

We pose no threat to them and they don't use radio for communication any more due to its low data rate.

The quarantine is so that they don't have to listen to all the crap that we pump out 24/7. We're too noisy and too primitive.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I think Lur from Omicron Persei 8 would beg to differ!! Single Female Lawyer has so much to offer!!

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

It is just a zone of increased hydrogen density. But that density is still very low. There is some scattering at certain frequencies and that's it.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

But most likely we also have started well ahead of other emerging, or yet-to-emerge, civilizations.

Lets say we last another 1,000,000 years (that might be optimistic that a civilization can last that long), the civilizations with a 1,000,000-year head start on US may have died out by then, making our future selves the advanced ones.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I think Lur from Omicron Persei 8 would beg to differ!! Single Female Lawyer has so much to offer!!

Not really, she only accepts Gorams in payment and was way older than her picture, and she smokes (At first I thought something was wrong, but I suppose all that compute power does generate a fair bit of heat).

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Apologies for my misinformation.

I'd like to blame modern science reporting for my misunderstanding.

I read at least three articles on the situation when it occurred.

None of them explained the situation in the way that you just did, and were all quite implicative that it was a "SURPRISE! THRUSTERS ON!" situation.

If that's not the case, I criticize the articles I read, were I to pass the buck.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: wtfatta

originally posted by: Archivalist
a reply to: wtfatta

I prefer to consider photon-light wave duality the progenitor of what we call gravity.

Intriguing. How so?

I try not to spread an over abundance of BS or brainstorming, until I have evidence to back any of my personal ideas.

That being said, I also don't want someone else to steal my ideas, if we figure out that this is true.

So, I am continuing to investigate that possibility on my own.

I can't speak about this idea privately with you, per the AboveTopSecret terms. Sorry mate. (I've received warnings for such conversation in the past, and I like the community here and would rather not get banned.)
It's best to consider my idea incorrect, and to continue believing what our current mainstream and accepted science tells us about the nature of gravity.

If I wrote my theory out, and I'm wrong, I'm just contributing to more incorrect information pollution about real science.

Out of respect for guys like Neil Tyson, I try not to add incorrect ideas or potentially correct ideas with no evidence, to the web. They would just create further dissonance in established research versus laymen knowledge and discussion.
edit on 15-8-2018 by Archivalist because: small edit

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

Fair enough. Good luck with your work!

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I like to imagine that millions of years ago, Space Trump was like "We need to build a wall."

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
I think you have things a bit backwards. [...] We pose no threat to them and they don't use radio for communication any more due to its low data rate.

The quarantine is so that they don't have to listen to all the crap that we pump out 24/7. We're too noisy and too primitive.

Oh, I don't go along with the quarantine idea at all, since I find it hard to imagine that every space faring civilization out there has agreed that we should be left alone until we develop more. We can barely get two people on Earth to agree on where to go to lunch.

Space itself seems like the ultimate barrier between us and the hypothetical "them." If we never figure out how to bypass it, then we might as well have the universe to ourselves, because we're not going anywhere. Maybe there's some kind of massless psi energy out there we don't understand that allows them to at least communicate in real time throughout the universe. I don't think we're smart enough to figure it out, though. At least anytime soon. So they're still safe from our jibba-jabba.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: chr0naut
I think you have things a bit backwards. [...] We pose no threat to them and they don't use radio for communication any more due to its low data rate.

Oh, I don't go along with the quarantine idea at all, since I find it hard to imagine that every space faring civilization out there has agreed that we should be left alone until we develop more. We can barely get two people on Earth to agree on where to go to lunch.

Space itself seems like the ultimate barrier between us and the hypothetical "them." If we never figure out how to bypass it, then we might as well have the universe to ourselves, because we're not going anywhere. Maybe there's some kind of massless psi energy out there we don't understand that allows them to at least communicate in real time throughout the universe. I don't think we're smart enough to figure it out, though. At least anytime soon. So they're still safe from our jibba-jabba.

Agreed, my previous post was half in jest.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

A classic science fiction tale:
www.lightspeedmagazine.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join