It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So who is "the deep state"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: surfer_soul
a reply to: notsure1

Look up the history of the CFR, the trilateral commission and what used to be the private and confidential meetings of the bilderberg group. Look at what they publish openly such as agenda 21 and agenda 30. On the surface it might seem like think tanks for managing the worlds problems, but what is their real agenda?

Do your own research, weigh the facts and come to your own conclusions.

Ok so no names again.. Just call someone out.. Who is at the top of the deep state In your opinion..

The reptilian overlords don’t have pronounceable names in English

Seriously though I wouldn’t know who currently is at the top if anyone is, they constantly fight amongst themselves similar to the fantasy Game of Thrones, but there are powerful family dynasties and secret society’s that go way back...

Like I said research yourself, it’s the best way to learn something. You might be able to come back and fill in some blanks for us.

P.s not all of these “players” have bad intentions, some have even had the best intentions no doubt. What they do have in common is the need for the power and control to shape events the way they wish them to go.
edit on 15-8-2018 by surfer_soul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

IF you really want to delve into ''who or what'' is the ''deep state'' then one thing that might help you in that quest is to dump the notion that

If you believe the left the deep state is conservatives who collude with foreign nations to steal the election and install a Nazi regime . Because anyone on the right hates everything that isnt white, Christian , and hetero sexual.

By believing that that is what the ''left' has to offer, you are limiting your flow of information so dramatically that you will never come to understand the nature of that ''deep state''

That is not what I believe the left has to offer..

That is what I think the lefts "Deep state" is.

Well that is what I meant by offer. If you think that that is what the ''left'' thinks the ''deep state'' is then it might serve you better to dump that notion as it limits the flow of information needed to ascertain to a higher degree who or what these '' deep state'' actors might be.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

a reply to: Deetermined

John Brennan, James Comey, Andrew McCabe, Peter Strzok, John McCain, Mitch McConnell,

Peons. No way they could be calling the shots. Something this massive has to be organized has to have leaders.

Its not a couple FBI agents..

So, who do you think pressured John Brennan into starting the investigation into Carter Page?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The deep state is who's controlling policy. They aren't elected and remain during every administration for the last 50 years at least.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Seriously though I wouldn’t know who currently is at the top if anyone is, they constantly fight amongst themselves similar to the fantasy Game of Thrones, but there are powerful family dynasties and secret society’s that go way back...

Your observation goes a long way to understanding this notion. I agree that there are powerful family dynasties and to a degree secret societies that pull strings behind the curtains. There are also strong ideological ''think tanks'' as well as religious powers that work to control the the narratives available to the public.

And as you point out, they are also at war with one another. They work together only to the degree that it benefits them as a group or a class while keeping the rest of us at bay.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

What?!?!

Your portrayal of the left’s deep state is a joke...

The left’s deep state are the big corporations and donors who hype up social issues so they can get legislation passed for less taxes and regulations..

The rights deep state is some fictional group of leftists they can’t even point to...everything in government leaves a paper trail. It would be literally impossible for someone to be committing felonies to stop trump’s agenda and trump be unable to point to that specific person or people..

It isn’t like trump slides a note with a request on it under the Oval Office door and some hooded cabal gives him an answer lol..

The left wing narrative only requires a bunch of amoral buisnessmen wanting to increase their profit margins at the expense of the American people..

The rightwing narrative requires some super secret illuminati type group who IS SPENDING MONEY THEY WILL NEVER MAKE BACK to push some ideological agenda because.....

I don’t know why because it is laughable to think there are vast conspiracies where people are acting on principle alone..

For example.....

“They are comming to get your guns!”

There is nothing profitable about going door to door taking all the guns.. it would cost trillions .. Not counting the lives destroyed..

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

But who are they exactly???

Quit all the abstractions where you point your finger vaugly off into the sunset...

Everything in government leaves a paper trail. It would be impossible to , just for example stop trump’s agenda without trump knowing EXACTLY who was getting in the way..

Real corruption and conspiracies are committed by very specific individuals with very specific goals....

They are not perpetrated by abstractions like “the deep state” wanting “control”.

Deep state really means “I have no specific perp I can point to”.

Control really means “I have no idea why anyone would really want to perpetuate X conspiracy, so let’s juSt say it is for “control””.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

*snip*

Because there's no specific person or people you can point to. You might want to start with the aircraft and armaments companies. The MIC. Doesn't it strike anyone as odd that the US is always at war with someone? The landscape changes but those companies are still racking in the dough and pushing the agenda.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

*snip*

Because there's no specific person or people you can point to. You might want to start with the aircraft and armaments companies. The MIC. Doesn't it strike anyone as odd that the US is always at war with someone? The landscape changes but those companies are still racking in the dough and pushing the agenda.

You can track down who owns those companies, their shareholders, who lobbies for them, who gives them contracts, etc.

There is no deep state. It's all out in the open for people to see.

"Deep state", in the context is used today, is nothing more than conspiratorial nonsense used by people as an excuse, or scapegoat, as justification of their victim mentality.
edit on 15-8-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul
P.s not all of these “players” have bad intentions, some have even had the best intentions no doubt. What they do have in common is the need for the power and control to shape events the way they wish them to go.

Good points. I would think that none are doing it purposefully, but are rather coerced into various aberrant psychologies - greed, pride, lust, rage, etc - which then have the side-effect of ruining the world on a mass scale. I'm sure all the most major global mistakes in history were perpetrated by people who believed they did good, or at the very least, they didn't purposefully commit the atrocity for the sake of evil.

i.e. war in the middle east - Cheney doesn't blink an eye because he self-justified the war on terror, but the main impetus was profits for Halliburton.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I don't give a # what you want to call it but POLICY is run not by the administrations but by those companies that are only accountable to themselves. It's not a conspiracy if it's true. Try tracking their influence. It'll be so damn muddy you'll not get far.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I disagree with your phrasing here Josh. It is not a joke, or if it is it is not funny at all.
I see it as a cover, one of many covers or masks used to deflect public attention away from the real culprits, those you point out who are scamming and modulating the system for corporate financial plunder.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: introvert

I don't give a # what you want to call it but POLICY is run not by the administrations but by those companies that are only accountable to themselves. It's not a conspiracy if it's true. Try tracking their influence. It'll be so damn muddy you'll not get far.

There is some truth to that, though I think you can track the influence that you speak of.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

My portrayal of both of them was a joke.

Im sure you think Russia and Trump and company colluded to win Hillary the popular vote and get Trump elected by sharing memes on facebook.

See how idiotic that sounds?

Its all pretty stupid.

And you have to be a little deranged to believe either side.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

www.shmoop.com...

I don't believe in the devil but this seemed apropos.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

The following is all personal opinion...I'm not a fan of the term 'deep state' as it's used as a partisan tool to lay blame on 'the left.'

It's more realistic to describe the concept as a mixture of the military industrial complex (MIC) enabled by ABC agencies and the political classes and delivered by mainstream media outlets. As an abstract entity, it's funded and propelled by non-elected groups and individuals who exercise power and influence no matter which party holds power.

I'd rather not cite a US President here because it's more of an international collective of powerful people/groups with vested interests. In spite of that, I reckon Eisenhower's farewell address in 1961 was a fairly accurate warning to us all. It's often taken as being against the MIC when it wasn't at all. He was saying the world needs a MIC to protect nations in times of war and to keep peace. He was also saying the MIC needed to have restraint and act solely for the people rather than its own interests. He said:

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist. We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together
en.wikipedia.org...

This speech came after the 1947 National Security Act and was maybe too late to stop the snowball rolling down the hill. Whatever the case, people have argued that security has come at the cost of liberty and I think they're right. Eisenhower's hope for mutual prosperity hasn't come to pass has it? We can look at defence budgets and black budgets alongside perpetual conflicts to see that security is increasingly outweighing liberty. I believe the 'deep state' is fuelled by a paranoid mindset seeking 'full spectrum dominance' and has 'endanger[ed] our liberties or democratic processes.'

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Military–industrial complex From Wikipedia

Oops, just saw Kandinsky's post. I believe he is spot on.

edit on 15/8/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   

The deep state are rockerfellas and rothschilds . Have we not learnt anything?

They have all the money in the world as they print it. Global domination and control has always been at the forefront of their minds

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

There is no deep state.

The Deep State is a creation used to take the blame for all of the bad things the politicians you voted for have done/are doing.

It's a scapegoat. An excuse. A conspiracy created to distract and deflect from the poor choices you are others have made.

Soooo...
It's my "poor choices" that caused America to be involved in perpetual proxy wars?

It's my "poor choices" that allow for tones of illegal narcotics flow over the southern border?

It's my "poor choices" that created the federal reserve and our fiat currency?

Congratulations!
You just won the daily deflection award.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join