It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

they run a big operation, but I didn’t know it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
So, Mannagault Newman has produced this tape recording. If she has broken any laws by recording the president then why is she not in handcuffs already? Why is she allowed to make the circuit of media outlets day after day. Why have they not put her in jail pending trial?

The White House is going to the ''defaming '' mode rather than point blank denying the reality of the tapes, at least as far as I can find.
So that leads to the question again, are they real or are the fake.
If they are fake, then put her in jail. NOW

But she isn't, therefore at this point I conclude that they are real....And this leads me to my question.

“No. Nobody even told me about it,” Trump said. “You know, they run a big operation, but I didn’t know it. I didn’t know that. Goddamn it! I don’t love you leaving at all.”

Just who are ""THEY'' that Trumps talks about. Who are''they that run this big operation. Trump glories in the fact that he is the ''only'' one who can save America and that he hires only the ''best people'' and he is the man in charge and that we all should trust him.

Yet in those few simple sentences we can see one or two things about Trump. One is he is a liar and knew perfectly well that she was fired and ordered it himself and then lied about it to her

OR

THEY, whoever they are are really running the show. If we believe his voice from that phone call, then he was not privy to the firing of one of his own liaisons and was against the termination. So I ask again, just who is in charge in the White House if not Trump himself? And why is he pretending to be the boss when this proves that he truly isn't.

“No. Nobody even told me about it,” Trump said. “You know, they run a big operation, but I didn’t know it. I didn’t know that. Goddamn it! I don’t love you leaving at all.”
edit on 31America/ChicagoWed, 15 Aug 2018 11:15:48 -0500Wed, 15 Aug 2018 11:15:48 -050018082018-08-15T11:15:48-05:001100000015 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I'm not really filled in on this story, so the only think I have to add is that clearly he isn't making every decision. Any time you're in charge of a large company/organization/government, you have to delegate tasks and management responsibilities.

As for the rest, maybe he did lie (about not knowing she was fired), and maybe he is out of the loop with what happened regarding her. Time will tell.
edit on 15-8-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

This is a reasonable conclusion. In reasonable situations. However, I am inclined to inspect this further do to Trumps continuing claims of being the ''man in charge'' and being the drainer of the swamp.

Another thought from this tape is how he tells here ""I do not love you leaving at all''. If this were so, would he not turn around a take her back immediately upon finding out about a decision that was made in his White House with out his approval?

And on top of that now, he is calling her the worst names and derogatory insinuations yet all this when he ''honestly?'' told her he did not love her leaving him?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
dupe
edit on 31America/ChicagoWed, 15 Aug 2018 11:28:37 -0500Wed, 15 Aug 2018 11:28:37 -050018082018-08-15T11:28:37-05:001100000028 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Apparently you failed to listen to the tape of General Kelly firing Omarosa, or like a lot of individuals you only hear what you want to hear and flush the rest.

If one has a modicum of comprehension skills it is obvious that the "they" the President is talking of is General Kelly and his staff in general. The WH is a big operation and I am certain that the President is not involved in every staff decision.

General Kelly told Omarosa in very clear words that she and everyone else on staff works for him and that he makes the decisions of who works on his staff.

Pretty easy to comprehend that from the tape when you actually listen, sadly a skill most are incapable of in regards to politics and instead wait for members of the media to provide the narrative

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

And on top of that now, he is calling her the worst names and derogatory insinuations yet all this when he ''honestly?'' told her he did not love her leaving him?

Pretty consistent of him. He'll praise/berate someone one day and do the inverse the next.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I'm fairly certain that Kelly didn't take it upon himself to fire Omarosa without first running it past Trump. It therefore seems likely that he was trying to soften the blow and keep her from holding him at all responsible for her firing in order to defuse the backlash against himself.

He had to anticipate that she'd feel scorned and would lash out because he knows her, he's mentored her and it's what he would do.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

No, I did not miss that part of the debate. Did you miss this part?

During a Fox & Friends interview later Monday morning, White House spokesman Hogan Gidley downplayed the significance of Omarosa’s tape of her conversation with Trump.

“It is the President of the United States who runs this country,” Gidley said. “Listen, the president makes the decisions in this White House. I’m not going to get into the ticktock of who knew what and when.”

So, how does' that official statement fit with the scenario that you presented above? Clearly the ''official'' version is that Trump is in charge of the White House and no one else. So then, how is it that Kelly thinks he is in charge when the official word from the WH is that it is Trump himself who is in charge?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So you are going with the ''he was lying to her option''. That seems the most likely. However there are so many who don't like it when he is called a liar, so I was interested in how if he was being truthful on the tape, what would that mean for the rest of what he was saying.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I think they found out she was leaking classified material for profit.

Not to mention they found out she has been under the care of a psychiatrist for years.

Other than that, she was great.

🚬🔫

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I'm fairly certain that Kelly didn't take it upon himself to fire Omarosa without first running it past Trump. It therefore seems likely that he was trying to soften the blow and keep her from holding him at all responsible for her firing in order to defuse the backlash against himself.

He had to anticipate that she'd feel scorned and would lash out because he knows her, he's mentored her and it's what he would do.

There are over 3,300 employees in the White House before you count in the military.

If Kelly took the time to check with Trump on a single firing, Trump should fire Kelly.

He wouldn't be doing his job, you see...

So I respectfully disagree.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Yeah, but most of them have pretty mundane jobs, such as receptionists or gardeners or clerks or something. And the vast majority aren't close to Trump on a personal level.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Yes, you found another conundrum in this whole kerfuffle. If as the official statement from the WH is what spokesman Hogan Gidley made after the tape became public that

“It is the President of the United States who runs this country,” Gidley said. “Listen, the president makes the decisions in this White House.''

then you are aboslutely correct. It should be Kelly who should be terminated for stepping out of place.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I'm fairly certain that Kelly didn't take it upon himself to fire Omarosa without first running it past Trump.

I'm fairly certain that when Trump hired Kelly that Kelly only agreed to take the position if he got to call the shots for everyone working directly under him. As I recall, Trump did allow Kelly to have that authority.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

And if this is the case then it tarnishes the image that Trump sets for himself, that he is the man in charge. In the tape he clearly states that he is not happy with this decision and that it was taken without his knowledge. For a low profile position this would be understandable. However Newman was not a low profile hire, she was a very high profile hire strongly based upon her previous relationship to Trump. So as Luminari suggests above, it should be Kelly who should be on the block for this termination.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
I think they found out she was leaking classified material for profit.

Not to mention they found out she has been under the care of a psychiatrist for years.

Other than that, she was great.

🚬🔫

If they had determined that she was leaking classified material, whether for profit or not, it would have been their duty to have had her arrested, not just fired, as the OP pointed out.

To date, she has not been arrested.

Whether she has been in psychiatric care “for years” as you put it, is nonsequiter to her termination.

A standard background check (assuming one was performed) prior to offering her the WH position would have revealed that on-going care, and prevented her posting if there were concerns regarding her mental fitness to serve.

There obviously were no such concerns.

And to have fired her afterwards risks a charge of wrongful termination under the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act).

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

And if this is the case then it tarnishes the image that Trump sets for himself, that he is the man in charge.

No one man is capable of being in charge of everyone or everything.

In the tape he clearly states that he is not happy with this decision and that it was taken without his knowledge.

Too bad, Trump gave Kelly the authority to do it when he hired him.

For a low profile position this would be understandable. However Newman was not a low profile hire, she was a very high profile hire strongly based upon her previous relationship to Trump.

Newman may be a high profile person, but she certainly wasn't in a high profile position. We're only hearing about her now because she's been fired and has published a book. She's all about attention and why Trump ever hired her in the first place, was anyone's guess.

So as Luminari suggests above, it should be Kelly who should be on the block for this termination.

If Trump makes too big of a stink over this, Kelly will walk. It's exactly this kind of thing that Kelly was trying to avoid, but the media won't let him. The media will continue to try and pit Trump and Kelly against each other on this.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

I don't disagree with anything you point out above. All of that is reasonable.
What I juxtapose it to though is not what is reasonable, but rather the IMAGE that Trump tries to establish for himself.
Mr. In-charge. The Only One. Mr. Hire the Best and Fire the rest.

I think that Trump believes in public relations, in keeping the myth of his superiority in all things at the fore, the man who is capable of making all the important decisions correctly. That is the juxtaposition I make. That he is failing in that venture as exemplified by this and all the other kerfuffles surrounding him.

new topics

top topics

join