It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Rights IDEALS is the better solution for TODAYs gov't over the LEFT political IDEALS

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Frankly, I think the only way to get a good hold on corruption is to make it a sliding scale punishment hinging on severity of the offense. 20+ prison time, depending on just how corrupt someone was in the backroom. And I'd even suggest execution as a possibility, say if the corruption is so severe it borders on treason.

We did a real s#y job planning this country when the citizens cannot have a say in the rules politicians must follow. They have no reason to legitimately fear us.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
We did a real s#y job planning this country when the citizens cannot have a say in the rules politicians must follow. They have no reason to legitimately fear us.

We should dress up like clowns.

Clowns are scary.

But seriously, we're all prisoners demanding that they change the color of the bars to blue or red, depending on our mood.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Nyiah

We should dress up like clowns.

Clowns are scary.

And we should have spiders as our weapons. We could accomplish so much dressed up as Penywise with weaponized spiders.

But seriously, we're all prisoners demanding that they change the color of the bars to blue or red, depending on our mood.

Basically, yes. We have the power to change things with state & local votes, but not federally, not even in a limited capacity. Which in hindsight was a very bad choice, because it leaves the corrupt in control of their own rules with no one to change them. It's been said before and should be said again, and often -- should politicians really be allowed to write & decide their own rules?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah should politicians really be allowed to write & decide their own rules?

Tough question.

If I say, "Yes" then that implies that I have faith in politicians, which I don't.

If I say, "No", then that implies that I think the "people" should have that responsibility, and "the people" are idiots who voted for the OTHER idiots in the first place.

I think I may go out and scream at a cloud. I might have more impact on it's direction than I would on anything political.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Nyiah should politicians really be allowed to write & decide their own rules?

Tough question.

If I say, "Yes" then that implies that I have faith in politicians, which I don't.

If I say, "No", then that implies that I think the "people" should have that responsibility, and "the people" are idiots who voted for the OTHER idiots in the first place.

I think I may go out and scream at a cloud. I might have more impact on it's direction than I would on anything political.

It is ultimately a double edged sword, isn't it? We could certainly do it, in a limited capacity, but the catch is figuring out what, and to what extent, citizens do and don't have a right to vote on federally. Even if we limited it to just 3 areas open for public vote, man, it would take forever just to agree on which 3.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: interupt42
Term limits and ending Corporate Lobbying is the only answer

Agreed 100% on Lobbying (ALL lobbying) - all it is is legalized bribery.

As to Term Limits, I disagree wholeheartedly. What is needed is something I call 'Consecutive/Concurrent Term/Campaign Limits'.

Meaning, no currently seated elected official OR current government employee OR government contractor (Federal, State or Local) is allowed to run for elected office - ANY office - while holding not just any elected office, but also not while being a government employee .

This means no 're-election' campaigns, and no campaiging for President while holding office as a Senator or working as a janitor at NASA.

That, and my other favorite - outlaw any/all public sector unions AND any/all government retirement programs/benefits. If they want to claim they are 'serving', let them serve without an environment that favors those willing to lie, cheat and steal.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Clearly ignored the hell of two terms of Obama, and the last two years of the Russian witch hunt

There was very little corruption in the Obama administration compared to Trump's criminal, facist regime.

Someone show me a good country with small government. And don't say Hong Kong, that doesn't count.

Can no one see the obvious correlation between increasing capitalist wealth and influence and the corruption in our society?

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Clearly ignored the hell of two terms of Obama, and the last two years of the Russian witch hunt

There was very little corruption in the Obama administration i

lol

unless you consider the handling of the data breach in OPM, the IRS scandal, Fast and Furious, State Department emails to avoid scrutiny, Benghazi, Office of Vet affairs whitewash, Rosemont Capital and on and on...

very little corruption my arse..

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

the IRS scandal,

You mean doing their job vetting shady right-wing "political" groups.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

no I mean weaponizing a federal institution against your political enemies...kinda like using the fisa courts to make up a scam investigation to take down a president.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

?? The government is like 99 percent the same people, how could the levels of corruption changed by very much when senators and congressman are pretty much there for life?

Also, not addressed at you Krazy, the major WORLD problem is the elite. The rich, governments, dynastic blood lines, royalty, dictators, etc... Not as if the left has a fix, but the right seems to support doing anything for profit. They somehow think people like the Koch Brothers represent the American dream, rather than every problem with America.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Right is right and left is sh*t.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nightwalk

Right is right and left is sh*t.

A. Right Stole your tax payers money and gave it to the .001%, ceo, and chairman of the boards with starting the bailouts.

B. Right Stole your individual rights to privacy and gave you BIGGGER gov't with the patriot act,Homeland security, Choosing Federal gov't over state rights on many things.

C. Right pushed for censorship and control to the deepstate (comcast,verizon,att) when they repealed net neutrality and allowed ISP to legally pick and choose what you can access on the internet.

The reality is more like:

Right = Left = Lobbyist = deep state = sh1t

However, this thread isn't about which side is better.

Its about how can we get both sides to come together in order to address ISSUE#1 conflict of interest in gov't.

1. We can't fix anything until we address the rampant amount of corruption and conflict of interest in gov't.

2. We can't address corruption and conflict of interest in gov't until we get the individual R and D to work together.
edit on 50831America/ChicagoFri, 17 Aug 2018 08:50:54 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join