It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Rights IDEALS is the better solution for TODAYs gov't over the LEFT political IDEALS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
We need to focus on term limits , lobbying reform, Campaign contributions reform, etc before we can fix anything.

That I can agree with.

2nd

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: interupt42

The #1 issue we have today is NOT: healthcare,the 'ism' , immigration, world conflicts, economy, homophobia, equality, wages, NFL kneeling stance,police state, drugs,

Every social problem in this country can be traced back to the farce that is the war on drugs and the extended-government that’s grown out of it.

So you’re wrong right off the bat.

Really , you proved my point.

The war in drugs is a farce because conflict of interest. You can't get rid of the war on drugs until you get rid of conflict of interest and corruption.

Hence why tackling and addressing conflict of interest is ISSUE #1 . It effects EVERY issue we have in this country.

You cant expect a corrupted and riddled govt entity with conflict of interest and corruption to fix anything for you .

So we’re in agreement that we can’t expect the Republican Party to fix anything for us?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Actually the big problem is job one. And job one is to be re-elected. Term limits fix it somewhat. But the House still has two year terms. Limit should be 4 two year terms lifetime. Senate should be 2 six year terms lifetime. And I am comfortable with 2 four year terms on the President. Supreme Court should be a 20 year limit regardless of age.

Place pensions for Congress at 10 years served. President and Supremes by virtue of serving since it is long odds to get there.

Reduction of government is easily done by eliminating repeat programs. 7-8 departments do not need funding for bringing broadband internet to homes. Place it all with one department and be done with it. Same for many many many other programs. That is how to shrink government. Budget controls would then reduce deficit spending.

There is two simple fixes that are easy to implement and could be done with a pen stroke. $5 says it doesn’t happen anytime soon.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I'm all for term limits. No one should ever be making elected office a career.

Reform lobbying? How about ban it outright.
It should be illegal for business to even talk to a politician.
Our laws aren't based on the good of the country, just on who waxed a politicians ass the best.

It's much the same as the huge problem were having in the medical for huge profit industry.
We have medical supply companies and pharma winding and dining personnel in the med fields to make the decisions on equipment/devices/drugs etc.
It's not who's offering the best product or service but who's rep bought the head of a dept the best steak dinner and most drinks.
Corruption is at every level of our society and we just blindly accept it.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Completely agree with you .

However i see no possibility of ever getting there if we FIRST dont get the individual right and individual left to join forces and address conflict of interest in ALL govt.

The govt isnt going to fix itself and certainly not by a group of people fighting themselves in a different war.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Term limits and ending Corporate Lobbying is the only answer TOWARD attempting to end the corruption. We also need to look into the influence on our government by these so called "Think Tanks", whom we see paraded onto every news network and paraded out as an "expert" senior fellow at yada yada yada. Being a representative to we the people was never meant to be a career where you get wealthy. Imagine if those who Served in our military got paid and set up for life as politicians who's job is to serve as well?

Imagine how hard it would be and costly for any lobbyist group if they knew their horse only had 8 years to get something done?

This is it, right hear. The best answer.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

In this day and age, it should be possible to put a device in the hands of all the citizens of a nation. That way, the gov't proposes legislation and the people vote on it. Attempts to obfuscate the legislation by any person or persons are considered federal crimes, and the security of the voting could use the blockchain method as is currently being tested Blockchain Voting Source

That way a nation will rise or fall on the backs of the citizens in a true democracy where everyone gets a say.

Considering the mindset of most people, it's only a matter of time before a nation falls under the weight of its own hubris regardless of the system employed.

Interesting thread.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

The #1 issue we have today is NOT: healthcare,the 'ism' , immigration, world conflicts, economy, homophobia, equality, wages, NFL kneeling stance,police state, drugs,

Every social problem in this country can be traced back to the farce that is the war on drugs and the extended-government that’s grown out of it.

The war in drugs is a farce because conflict of interest. You can't get rid of the war on drugs until you get rid of conflict of interest and corruption.

Hence why tackling and addressing conflict of interest is ISSUE #1 . It effects EVERY issue we have in this country.

You cant expect a corrupted and riddled govt entity with conflict of interest and corruption to fix anything for you .

So we’re in agreement that we can’t expect the Republican Party to fix anything for us?

You are clearly complacent in being the problem. Im not going to bring up how hypocritical or naive that comment was by ignoring the facts that the war on drugs hasnt changed under complete democrats control.

How about we drop the blame game and lets try to work on addressing the conflict of interest in govt that effects both party ?

Like i stated before lets stay away from this party that party blamr game bs and lets work on things both sides agree with such as minimizing corruption in govt.

edit on 22831America/ChicagoWed, 15 Aug 2018 11:22:14 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

You are clearly complacent in being the problem. Im not going to bring up how hypocritical or naive that comment was by ignoring the facts that the war on drugs hasnt changed under complete democrats control.

How about we drop the blame game and lets try to work on addressing the conflict of interest in govt that effects both party ?

Like i stated before lets stay away from this party that party blamr game bs and lets work on things both sides agree with such as minimizing corruption in govt.

The biggest threat to any government is a man/woman who promotes peace. Notice how NO ONE in the MSM ever gives people with that ideology time?

Nope, it's all about division. Doesn't take a genius to see that, but it sure takes idiots to support division that is going to lead to in discriminatory deaths, because they were too stupid to realize they were manipulated?

Even a dog who loves his master will end up attacking if backed into a corner and beaten long enough. We are being led along like abused and helpless animals by our own government.......

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I don't disagree with your premise, but I think the root of it all is far simpler: Freedom... liberty... autonomy... self-determination... That's really what it all comes down to.

And the problem with both parties is their efforts to use the law to deny freedom and impose their will on others. I don't care if it's the left's version or the right's version, as long as they're trying to impose their will on the rest of us, THAT'S the problem.

In terms of government, their purpose is to protect and defend our rights and freedom... nothing more and nothing less.

Having said that, the critters couldn't get away with it without so many people cheering them on. So we all have to take a good long hard look at ourselves, and ask ourselves, "How have I contributed to this mess? How have I tried to impose my will on others via the government and their enforcers? How have I played into the divide-and-conquer campaign against us?"

Every time I see one of these "this is the problem and this is how to fix it" thread, I have such high hopes... only to have them dashed again and again and again... just like this time. And every time I do my best to give a reasonable and thoughtful response only to be ignored -- including by the OP.

THEE problem is folks ON BOTH SIDES using color of law and the point of a government gun to impose their will on others.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

THEE problem is folks ON BOTH SIDES using color of law and the point of a government gun to impose their will on others.

And they are able to do so because loyalists put party over principle.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Don't take it personal! It is the internet after all, and if you think about it, Russian and Chinese bots love to create division.

Say what you have to say, and if what you said sits right with your concious then it should be all good! Don't self silence yourself because others don't recognize your thoughts.

It's good to get things out of your head!

This was a reply to Bodicea.

edit on 15-8-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Well what's the plan for convincing the majority of voters in 435 Districts and 50 States to not vote for a (D) or (R) ?

There's only a few weeks left until election day.

Better come up with "The Plan" quickly

otherwise it's ......
💥Sun💥Burn💥again!💥

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

a reply to: neo96

Oh come on , I was hoping I would get back a chuckle or smart ass response from my comment below versus causing more fighting.

Now if I can get you and NEO to talk to each other with out fighting about each others party , we might be able to fix the WORLD.

I don't want to add more fuel to the fire and I get that you both have very strong opposing views , but lets put that aside for a minute.

Hypothetically would you NEO and Krazy be willing to temporary put aside your political ideals , and say join a protest or event together to demand term limits or other measures to decrease gov't conflict of interest in gov't?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Wow, is editing replies somewhat bugged?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

However i see no possibility of ever getting there if we FIRST dont get the individual right and individual left to join forces and address conflict of interest in ALL govt.

The govt isnt going to fix itself and certainly not by a group of people fighting themselves in a different war.

To be frank, I don't think average everyday leftist really understand the insidiousness of government bureaucracy and how when you give government too much power over your lives it eventually erodes personal freedom.

I don't think there is a lot of common ground these days.

On the right, I think the everyday conservative understands the problems with large governments. However, we have an issue getting rid of politicians who don't share that vision. The right likes big government too, but just in different ways. Big military and cronyism for corporate donors whereas the left is more about big social bureaucracies.

The reality is that it is hard to get rid of the political swamp creatures because they are elected locally, but have national agendas. I can hate Mitch McConnell and his ilk all I want, but unless Kentuckyians get that has been out of office, there is nothing I or anyone else can do about it.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
I got one issue with your conclusion. The right is running the country in all three branches and the government is more corrupt than it has ever been.

There are very few people in this world, and I mean VERY few, who hold power and remain righteous (if they ever were). That goes for far left and far right and everything in between. Of course Republicans are as corrupt and greedy as Democrats.

However, the left's model is to destroy the middle class and concentrate wealth in a tiny minority of elites. leaving everyone else right at the poverty line and wholly dependent.
The rights model is to grow the middle class and help enrich a tiny minority of elites.

There is more of a win/win for the common man with a conservative ideology.

Separately, the right is not running the country. That's not how the US govt works. If it were then the border wall construction would already be underway, for example.

edit on 15/8/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

To be frank, I don't think average everyday leftist really understand the insidiousness of government bureaucracy and how when you give government too much power over your lives it eventually erodes personal freedom.

I don't think there is a lot of common ground these days.

On the right, I think the everyday conservative understands the problems with large governments. However, we have an issue getting rid of politicians who don't share that vision. The right likes big government too, but just in different ways. Big military and cronyism for corporate donors whereas the left is more about big social bureaucracies.

The reality is that it is hard to get rid of the political swamp creatures because they are elected locally, but have national agendas. I can hate Mitch McConnell and his ilk all I want, but unless Kentuckyians get that has been out of office, there is nothing I or anyone else can do about it.

You nailed it!

People who vote on the state level, only think of the jobs or whatever good the person they elected did for those in their state. Also, you never really hear from your elected officials until it's time to be re elected. What they fail to do is educate themselves on how that representative voted Federally. Doesn't matter to me how my elected official represents my state, but his votes federally against our Constitutional values.

I see it with Trump on the trade deals, with people upset that certain groups might be harmed by it, but things have gone so corrupt with this government, there isn't a thing that can be done to set this country back on track that isn't going to harm someone.

Vicious, endless circle.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Actually the big problem is job one. And job one is to be re-elected. Term limits fix it somewhat. But the House still has two year terms. Limit should be 4 two year terms lifetime. Senate should be 2 six year terms lifetime. And I am comfortable with 2 four year terms on the President. Supreme Court should be a 20 year limit regardless of age.

Place pensions for Congress at 10 years served. President and Supremes by virtue of serving since it is long odds to get there.

Reduction of government is easily done by eliminating repeat programs. 7-8 departments do not need funding for bringing broadband internet to homes. Place it all with one department and be done with it. Same for many many many other programs. That is how to shrink government. Budget controls would then reduce deficit spending.

There is two simple fixes that are easy to implement and could be done with a pen stroke. $5 says it doesn’t happen anytime soon.

The problem is no politician wants to be the bad guy who turns off the spigot. They may not get re-elected.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
However, the left's model is to destroy the middle class and concentrate wealth in a tiny minority of elites. leaving everyone else right at the poverty line and wholly dependent.

Lol. No it isn't. That is a 100% strawman. In fact, your own rhetoric contradicts this idiotic view of liberals. If liberals are for social programs and wealth redistribution, then how the hell is that going to a small group of elites?

The rights model is to grow the middle class and help enrich a tiny minority of elites.

I don't even believe the right cares about the middle class. They certainly don't show it with their fiscal policies that hurt the middle class. In fact, it is more likely that the right is more interested in consolidating wealth to a small group of elites. You can look at most of the policies that have caused the giant gap in wealth distribution and easily trace them back to conservative policies.
edit on 15-8-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join