It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Rights IDEALS is the better solution for TODAYs gov't over the LEFT political IDEALS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Nice.

But in reality, demanding that corrupt government reform itself is a pipe dream. Corrupt government has no motivation to reform itself.

None.

No motivation what-so-ever.

Be it republican or democrat.

Democrats want a bigger corrupt government. Republicans SAY they want a smaller corrupt government, but in reality do nothing to reduce the size of government.

Our best hope really, in all honesty, is Giant Meteor.

Or zombie apocalypse. Or a booze embargo in DC.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

They're already half way.

They just need nudged.

Everyone gets tax credits, and rebates.

Tax credits and rebates is the problem and a BS solution . Like Edumakated said we need simplified tax like a flat tax with no deductions or rebates.

However, the right nor the left is going to get anything done that benefits the majority of the country until the individual right and individual left puts their ideal to the side and work on getting back control of the gov't from the lobbyist.

First we need to work together on
1. term limits.
2. Lobbying reform
3. Campaign fundraising reform
4. Close revolving doors between lobbying groups and gov't
5. etc

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Money is the life blood of all politics, politicians and political agendas.

That's the basic IDEAL. Capitalism is inherently corrupt because it just is.

A Benevolent Monarchy might work....

First we need to work together on 1. term limits. 2. Lobbying reform 3. Campaign fundraising reform 4. Close revolving doors between lobbying groups and gov't 5. etc

That's just a naive pipedream in a capitalist economy.

edit on 15-8-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I will believe that government is doing something about it's corruption when they end the congressional hush fund for sexual misconduct and release the names of all congressmen who have used it.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

But in reality, demanding that corrupt government reform itself is a pipe dream. Corrupt government has no motivation to reform itself.

Exactly , I don't expect a Corrupt government to fix itself. That is why I say its crucial that the individual left and individual right temporary put their political ideals and party to the side and join forces to work together.If we don't work together we have 0 chance of fixing things. Even working together will be climbing a mountain but atleast it gives us a shot.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Tax credits and rebates is the problem and a BS solution . Like Edumakated said we need simplified tax like a flat tax with no deductions or rebates.

It doesn't get any simpler than abolition.

Then it can't be used as a wedge issue.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Truthfully, the FIX is to restore power to the States governments and get the Feds out of as much as possible. Federalism is the solution, move the power centers out of Washington and back to the State Governments which are more accountable to the people!

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Work together and do what?

We come together, it just makes a bigger damned target!

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

The fix:
Both democrats and republicans need to own up to their disgraceful party and temporary put their political ideals aside and join forces to minimize conflict of interest in gov't. We need to focus on term limits , lobbying reform, Campaign contributions reform, etc before we can fix anything.

Something that will never happen. Elected officials won't have any of it. If by some miracle they would, then other government workers outside of Congress would mess with our elections to keep it from happening, as we've already witnessed.

edit on 15-8-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I will believe that government is doing something about it's corruption when they end the congressional hush fund for sexual misconduct and release the names of all congressmen who have used it.

Thats a perfect example on how divided and stupid we all are.

Thats an issue that both party should be pissed about and not only could but SHOULD work together on . Instead we let the DNC,GOP,and DNC hide the issue or make it into a Left vs Right thing while it goes on without being addressed.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

originally posted by: Annee
I have yet to understand the Right's claim of less/smaller government. Seems to be the opposite to me.

Which part of this did you not read ?

The reason why the RIGHT is a failure:
They pretty much do the opposite of what they preach when it comes to smaller gov't

Now instead of pointing that hypocritical finger at the right would you care to amicably discuss solutions for both individual right and leftist to temporary join forces to stop the conflict of interest that is impacting everyone but the big corporations?

Oops! On my part.

Yes you are right.

Check back later -- have doc appt.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

The #1 issue we have today is NOT: healthcare,the 'ism' , immigration, world conflicts, economy, homophobia, equality, wages, NFL kneeling stance,police state, drugs,

Every social problem in this country can be traced back to the farce that is the war on drugs and the extended-government that’s grown out of it.

So you’re wrong right off the bat.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Tell the DNC,GOP, and MSM to shove their pushed issues up their Ar$e and solely concentrate on:
1. term limits.
2. Lobbying reform
5. Protest together over those issues
6. Recycle existing members of congress.

We are already the target can't get any bigger. We have nothing to lose by TEMPORARILY joining forces and nothing to gain by pointing the finger at each other.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

The #1 issue we have today is NOT: healthcare,the 'ism' , immigration, world conflicts, economy, homophobia, equality, wages, NFL kneeling stance,police state, drugs,

Every social problem in this country can be traced back to the farce that is the war on drugs and the extended-government that’s grown out of it.

So you’re wrong right off the bat.

Really , you proved my point.

The war in drugs is a farce because conflict of interest. You can't get rid of the war on drugs until you get rid of conflict of interest and corruption.

Hence why tackling and addressing conflict of interest is ISSUE #1 . It effects EVERY issue we have in this country.

You cant expect a corrupted and riddled govt entity with conflict of interest and corruption to fix anything for you .

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

We are already the target can't get any bigger. We have nothing to lose by TEMPORARILY joining forces and nothing to gain by pointing the finger at each other.

And do what? The corruption is much deeper than just political...it's cultural. with a yuuuggggeeee moral component.

it's a....

Me First and F*** you society.. There's also a negative side....
edit on 15-8-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I have yet to understand the Right's claim of less/smaller government. Seems to be the opposite to me.

Which part of this did you not read ?

The reason why the RIGHT is a failure:
They pretty much do the opposite of what they preach when it comes to smaller gov't

Now instead of pointing that hypocritical finger at the right would you care to amicably discuss solutions for both individual right and leftist to temporary join forces to stop the conflict of interest that is impacting everyone but the big corporations?

Oops! On my part.

Yes you are right.

Check back later -- have doc appt.

No prob, and I glad you are here Anne.

I know we have gone back and forth in the past, but I think in the end we both and along with most on ATS just want to fix the issues within our gov't and our country for a better life for everyone. We might have different ways to go about it, but our end goal is the same I like to think.

that is why I hope perhaps one day in the near future we can be fighting for a better govt together than against each other for keeping the corrupted govt we have today .

edit on 50831America/ChicagoWed, 15 Aug 2018 10:50:35 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Tell the DNC,GOP, and MSM to shove their pushed issues up their Ar$e and solely concentrate on:
1. term limits.
2. Lobbying reform
5. Protest together over those issues
6. Recycle existing members of congress.

Democrats/Republicans Two wings same vulture.

Divide and Conquer

MSM now the mouth piece of the globalists hell bent on pushing the division to where we are now seeing them make excuses for violence. Newspeak is now TRUTH and anyone who speaks against it must be silenced.

I agree with everything you are saying? However, I think we have allowed ourselves as a country to be brain washed past the point of no return.

The MSM, our institutions of higher learning and our own government has instituted a system of propaganda that has lead us as a Republic to this point.

This is the goal of globalism! The Constitution is the biggest threat and obstacle for the globalists to take over our Republic. Our politicians know this, yet remain not only silent but criminally pushing the globalist agenda against the oath they took to serve.

edit on 15-8-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

It doesn't get any simpler than abolition.

Then it can't be used as a wedge issue.

I don't disagree but baby steps. Nothing will change as long as the DNC,GOP, and MSM keep the left and right fighting among each other for bread crumbs .

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Democrats/Republicans Two wings same vulture.

Divide and Conquer

I think we have allowed ourselves as a country to be brain washed past the point of no return.

I would see it as a nearly impossible task to disagree with you on that. sadly I agree with you and this is my feeble attempt to see if we can change that

edit on 01831America/ChicagoWed, 15 Aug 2018 11:01:41 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Why not stop being pushed into a two party system. That seems to be a massive hole in the US political playing field.
No other nation in the first world has this many issues with politics. There's more than one reason, but I can bet people funneled into the two party fiasco is one of them.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join