It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Rights IDEALS is the better solution for TODAYs gov't over the LEFT political IDEALS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
Come on folks lets try to avoid the my party is better than yours and actually try to civilly work with each other on something that impacts both parties.

ETA: actually you did respond. i just didn't see it. DOH!
edit on 15-8-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Update: A federal judge dismissed the DNC lawsuit on August 28. The court recognized that the DNC treated voters unfairly, but ruled that the DNC is a private corporation; therefore, voters cannot protect their rights by turning to the courts:

CORRUPT!

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
a reply to: interupt42

Not gonna happen. It never will until both sides lose everything.

Its so disappointing and it doesn't have to be.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Former President Bill Clinton told investigators that he didn’t think the investigation into wife Hillary Clinton’s emails “amounted to much, frankly” and thus found nothing wrong with initiating an impromptu meeting with the attorney general on a Phoenix airport tarmac.

CORRUPT!

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Humans are stubborn beasts. In order to implement change for the better, they must all come to the same realization precipitated by a major event that causes both sides to see the big picture.

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Come on folks lets try to avoid the my party is better than yours and actually try to civilly work with each other on something that impacts both parties.

I did. I responded to you seriously, but you haven't hit me back yet. Then the usual suspects came in to insult me as they do.

I was working on my response and I wasn't targeting you solely with that statement.

link   

"Why did she delete 33,000 emails?"

Corrupt!

link   

However RIGHT now under the rampant corruption and conflict of interest we have in gov't it makes 0 sense to expand its power or expect a solution to come from them . I'm not saying we need to shrink the gov't overnight, but we certainly shouldn't be looking to expand it one bit for sure.

Right now we need to clamp down on the division overrunning our country or we will never fix even the most basic of problems. Our politicians and so-called leaders shouldn't be stoking the flames of division and our media outlets make it seem like siding with the other partisan side is treason of the highest order.

link   

I did. I responded to you seriously, but you haven't hit me back yet. Then the usual suspects came in to insult me as they do.

I was working on my response and I wasn't targeting you solely with that statement.

Heh. I edited. My bad.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939

Humans are stubborn beasts. In order to implement change for the better, they must all come to the same realization precipitated by a major event that causes both sides to see the big picture.

I know but I guess I get a little hopeful sometimes and have higher hopes for the ATS community where we share many things in common and our search of the truth.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Heh. I edited. My bad.

LOL no prob, '

Now if I can get you and NEO to talk to each other with out fighting about each others party , we might be able to fix the WORLD.

link   

A reasonable assessment Interupt. Your ''fix'' focuses on a number of 'actions' that will be necessary to make the changes we all want. Your main insight is spot on. Join Forces

To that end, one major point you did not make is to open up the two party system to at least three parties. That to me would be the first step. Join Forces and bring forth a ''major'' third party based upon your concept of joining forces.

We are not all ruled by extremist ideology that bends both major parties to it's activist will. Certainly there must be ''moderate activists'' who could move in this direction.

A third party convention with your three main reforms, term limits, lobbying reform and campaign contributions reform as the platform would be a solid step in the right direction.

link   
Government is inherently corrupt. It isn't just federal, but also at state and local levels. The issue is that people are prone to corruption. The only way to combat it is to minimize government at all levels whether you are talking about your local city or at the federal level.

Government creates bureaucracies whose ultimate goal is to maintain their bureaucracy. This is why government programs never seem to go away.

Social services are best done locally so the people most affected can keep tabs on what the bureaucrats, but also monitor the results.

I support term limits.

I also believe every agency and regulation needs a sunset provision that forces it to be reviewed and eliminated if results/costs cannot be justified.

Tax code needs to be radically simplified. The tax code is how politicians dole out favors. By simplifying, you make it harder for politicians to use for corrupt purposes.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

We still have many centuries to go for a higher form of thinking to take place

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Tax code needs to be radically simplified.

Abolish the income tax.

Easy peasy.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Impossible. It's better if we just ignored each other. Even when I try to talk to him in good faith he starts trolling me with irrelevancy.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Impossible. It's better if we just ignored each other. Even when I try to talk to him in good faith he starts trolling me with irrelevancy.

PRICELESS!

ALWAYS someone else's fault.

Predictable as ever.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Edumakated

Tax code needs to be radically simplified.

Abolish the income tax.

Easy peasy.

The problem with that is that you are never going to get a shot at doing that if the INDIVIDUAL left and the right don't join forces against the corrupted system.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

They're already half way.

They just need nudged.

Everyone gets tax credits, and rebates.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I don't disagree with your premise, but I think the root of it all is far simpler: Freedom... liberty... autonomy... self-determination... That's really what it all comes down to.

And the problem with both parties is their efforts to use the law to deny freedom and impose their will on others. I don't care if it's the left's version or the right's version, as long as they're trying to impose their will on the rest of us, THAT'S the problem.

In terms of government, their purpose is to protect and defend our rights and freedom... nothing more and nothing less.

Having said that, the critters couldn't get away with it without so many people cheering them on. So we all have to take a good long hard look at ourselves, and ask ourselves, "How have I contributed to this mess? How have I tried to impose my will on others via the government and their enforcers? How have I played into the divide-and-conquer campaign against us?"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join