It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upgrade!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Once in a while, on a lazy afternoon, while perusing your flixify and there are no new episodes of anything, you decide to look at the latest movies. Nothing will grab you, you know it.. they're all the same these days, CGI this, comic book that, inanity ensues. But you see something in the corner.. a title you've never heard of, but it's new! What is this? Is that Tom Hardy? Well, no it's not. But it has a decent premise. A little overdone sure, but could be interesting. Man and wife are mugged, wife is killed, man becomes paraplegic, insane inventor sticks a chip in him that fixes him right up and violent retribution is engaged.

Yeah, I know what you're thinking, and, well that's what I thought at first too... but I gotta say, this was a rare gem of a movie, that oozes the need for a sequel. I was quite pleasantly surprised by this. So thought I'd share, because I don't know if many people will hear about it with avengers saviours of the 12'th galaxy quest 900 the beginning again and again, being shoved into our collective entertainment deprived brains.

Please, Enjoy !

edit on 15-8-2018 by SummerRain because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2018 by DrumsRfun because:
  • The use of ALL CAPS

• posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 03:43 AM
    link   
    a reply to: SummerRain

I actually just finished watching this movie. It’s not bad for what it is, and it’s got a decent twist at the end to give you a little surprise. Worth a watch if your into sci-fi action and don’t mind a little blood.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 03:54 AM
    link   
    Saw the preview recently, totally thought it was Tom Hardy lol. Definitely on my to watch list, I love these low budget Aussie flicks, the type we do well down under.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:15 AM
    link   
    a reply to: Osirisvset

OP looks like a great movie. If you want to see Tom Hardy, he's in Venom, posted on here a few days ago.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:29 AM
    link   
    I watched this the other night and was pleasantly surprised. When the action started, I actually fist pumped the air with excitement, I've never done that before., Ever 😐

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:08 AM
    link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

I actually just finished watching this movie. It’s not bad for what it is, and it’s got a decent twist at the end to give you a little surprise. Worth a watch if your into sci-fi action and don’t mind a little blood.

So far, on MovieChat (which I've had to migrate to seeing as IMDb closed their forums) I cannot find a single instance of someone hating it. Disliking it for specific reasons, sure, but as you say, all the elements kinda fit.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:09 AM
    link   

originally posted by: Osirisvset
    Saw the preview recently, totally thought it was Tom Hardy lol. Definitely on my to watch list, I love these low budget Aussie flicks, the type we do well down under.

Haha I didn't even know it was an Aussie flick either, till I read that it was filmed in Melbourne.. How they get the camera equipment in working order with all that rain, I'll never know!!

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:11 AM
    link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
    a reply to: Osirisvset

OP looks like a great movie. If you want to see Tom Hardy, he's in Venom, posted on here a few days ago.

Ahh that's definitely on my to watch list too. For some reason Tom Hardy is one bloke I can watch in anything. I mean, I cottoned on to him being an A Grade actor from the movie Bronson, where he was nothing like he is now. He's stuck in my head as always being that portrayal.. except Bane. I had to really strain the grey matter to see him in that.. Versatile that guy is !!

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:13 AM
    link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake
    I watched this the other night and was pleasantly surprised. When the action started, I actually fist pumped the air with excitement, I've never done that before., Ever 😐

I let out a rather good chuckle, it really hit the spot. It did seem a little slow till then, and the movie is not the most action packed, but it is fast paced, and keeps you thinking.

It was good to find a decent movie just for looking, today !!

Though I am debating with someone about the merits of a sequel. He says it would ruin it, I say it would only add to it, as this one stands on it's own.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:27 AM
    link   

I am a bit skeptical of the movie I must say. But I am willing to give it a chance. I do hope it turns out as good as you think it is. It seems like a hodgepodge of a movie but only after I watch it can I truly see.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:32 AM
    link   

If you haven't seen Legend, do. It was only at the credits I realised he played both brothers. I was like "How the fu...?"

The story depicts the 2 most infamous gangsters in recent UK history. They are twins but very different psychologically but both cheeky chappies. Gotta love the London accent. Lot's of silliness, swearing and violence.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:19 AM
    link   
    a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

I'd heard of that, never even seen a trailer. That looks spot on, haha, bit like the underbelly series we had down here. Crazy, he can play two lead roles in the same movie and be worlds apart.

Think I'll put this jurassic park thing on pause and have a gander

Cheers!!

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 05:13 PM
    link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

If you haven't seen Legend, do. It was only at the credits I realised he played both brothers. I was like "How the fu...?"

The story depicts the 2 most infamous gangsters in recent UK history. They are twins but very different psychologically but both cheeky chappies. Gotta love the London accent. Lot's of silliness, swearing and violence.

Funny you should mention Legend. Tom Hardy was brilliant playing both brothers, and I wouldn't ever want that changed.
    But I can't help think the director overlooked Logan Marshall (the lead in Upgrade) as Tom Hardy's brother for the film! I've been waiting to see these 2 actors play brothers in a film for a decade now, and the chance was there and it was lost. They look so remarkabley similar it's spooky.
    edit on 15-8-2018 by FinallyAwake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:37 AM
    link   

Think I'll put this jurassic park thing on pause and have a gander

If you liked underbelly and crime stories like that then this flick is just

Tom Hardy has some talent, absolutely versatile and can play many kinds of roles.

But does the tough guy roles to the tee.

top topics

join