It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infowars.com Site Goes Down Amid Big Tech Censorship

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

It's hard to care too much about someone who's been fleecing his fans for so many years. He's no ethics to speak of either considering who and what he's used to fuel publicity. His sites are still up and he's likely to be making as much, or more, as ever. He can get back to saying whatever suits him from there and they're all working as far as I can see. Quail's egg cures for hayfever lol.

I still think these platforms are heading into dangerous waters and ought to be very cautious.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   
i call bs to convient and perfect to push his agenda ... next he will be selling vpn services

cia plant ... maby but than they could make it look real maby hes more a cia discarded

to bad hes so ... him lol. he has a huge audiance is on radio even has goten on tv to and he waste it all bye acting like a ranting coke addict

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: redletter

For the 2nd time I will chime in. I checked in infowars.com is up and running. Get down off of your persecution SJW complex.

That still doesn't explain the links to his other crap when the site was supposed to be shut down. Nobody's bothered to explain s# regarding that Captain Obvious gem.

I'll give you slack on that because I know you are a woman. And maybe on your period. You act without rationality. Just kidding. Well, I'm not kidding about your irrationality, but I give you slack. I don't know everything you guys are talking about.

But overall infowars.com is still up. No government censorship has begun.

That's exactly my goddamn point, you didn't win any great debate. Re-read some of the other responses jumping to insinuating Deep State/government/corporate shenanigans and then re-read my responses.

You might want to knock off the passive/aggressive insulting over nothing, this isn't the mud pit.

In this post you gained my respect and proved you are not an SJW. I haven't figured you out yet. But yeah I agree with what you said after reading over it again. I apologize where I was wrong with you.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: SevenThunders

Since then, the website now features a splash page with redirects to Newswars.com, Prisonplanet.com, Infowarsstore.com and the Alex Jones twitter page.

This is everyone's big fat clue that he thinks his fans are complete idiots. If gubmint was shutting him down, they'd SHUT HIM DOWN, wholesale, not make a page to link to his other crap from the site they supposedly canned in the first place.

He's milking the current atmosphere, but lying to do so. People need to wake the hell up already. Lying liar who lies isn't offline.

Ecxcellent observation. The question is, why? What does he hope to accomplish? If he really is a paranoid lunatic, why would he trust Trump?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

Since then, the website now features a splash page with redirects to Newswars.com, Prisonplanet.com, Infowarsstore.com and the Alex Jones twitter page.

This is everyone's big fat clue that he thinks his fans are complete idiots. If gubmint was shutting him down, they'd SHUT HIM DOWN, wholesale, not make a page to link to his other crap from the site they supposedly canned in the first place.

He's milking the current atmosphere, but lying to do so. People need to wake the hell up already. Lying liar who lies isn't offline.

Ecxcellent observation. The question is, why? What does he hope to accomplish? If he really is a paranoid lunatic, why would he trust Trump?

The question answers itself. Paranoid people don't trust others. Is that what you were trying to say?

This is the bottom line: These people don't really believe in God. They hope to prevent what they perceive as reality encroaching upon them and the rest of us. Which actually might be true. In any event, for some reasons these people disconnect and don't understand God is in control of everything and so they shouldn't worry about it.
edit on 15-8-2018 by redletter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   

For the 2nd time I will chime in. I checked in infowars.com is up and running. Get down off of your persecution SJW complex.

That still doesn't explain the links to his other crap when the site was supposed to be shut down. Nobody's bothered to explain s# regarding that Captain Obvious gem.

Do you know how a web server runs? Like, a real one, and not one running as a process on your windows desktop?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: SevenThunders

cui bono ?

think about this as long as you need

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Uhhh , Alex Jones has had all those sites for a long time now.
Infowars (the most popular) is the one that is down
And actually , Infowars was gaining popularity at an amazing rate after the Tech Giants' unified shutdown
Whether or not I agree with Alex on any point , this is bad...
For everyone

You didn't read what I wrote, did you? I'll ask this again:

If his site is down, how is there a page on it redirecting to his other junk? Why would the government waste their time to shut IW down only to make a page of links to his other stuff?

I want you to think about that. And if you still don't get it, I can't help you there.

There are no redirects. THE SITE IS DOWN
There are click links
Now you know .
And are informed.
devil:
edit on 8/15/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

PrisonPlanet and Infowars are both working fine.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

It's hard to care too much about someone who's been fleecing his fans for so many years. He's no ethics to speak of either considering who and what he's used to fuel publicity. His sites are still up and he's likely to be making as much, or more, as ever. He can get back to saying whatever suits him from there and they're all working as far as I can see. Quail's egg cures for hayfever lol.

I still think these platforms are heading into dangerous waters and ought to be very cautious.

I guess the charge of fleecing customers could apply to hundreds of thousands of companies, including the tech platforms that are banning him.. I mean who could argue that Apple, for example, does not fleece it's customers?

I don't think the commercial model is in any way relevant.
These companies are not breaking the law by de-platforming him, but it gets pretty close to the line if they are coordinating (competition laws?) and especially if they are being influenced by factions within the govt.
edit on 15/8/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I wonder if it could be argued that collective censorship is as bad as government censorship? I mean, technically, collective action is kind of a loose form of government. An individual or a small group is pretty much helpless against a larger, more organized or more capable group.

Really, I kind of doubt Youtube wanted to censor him. They just didn't want the angsty kids throwing garbage at them and threatening their bottom line simply because they were hosting Alex Jones. It's basically mob violence forcing a business to protect itself.
edit on 15-8-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

cui bono ?

think about this as long as you need

Hahahaha, I made a topic 5 days titled exactly that.

People just aren't willing to accept that Alex Jones may not be the messiah he's made himself out to be.

Alex Jones - Cui Bono

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: Gothmog

PrisonPlanet and Infowars are both working fine.

Yep.
Looks like all 4

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Personally, I don't believe the "gubbmint" has any concerted plan to shut Alex Jones down. I'm sure there are plenty of SJW hackers who would love to shut him down, but not the government (contrary to whatever he might suggest). I'm not a big Alex Jones fan (at all), but if the government really wanted to silence him they would have done it long before now! His website would have been launched into the sun in late 2016 (like flaming twisted smoldering wreckage style). So no great conspiracy here.

I did notice infowars was a bit slow loading a few minutes ago, but that could just be from crushing traffic. It did come up eventually. And, what was the top story? 'Download my phone app before they silence us forever' (eye roll).

That said, I think there's a bigger issue here, and that would be the role of other social media platforms like failbook and twatter (et. al). These guys (failbook in particular) really do what to silence people like Alex Jones. Ordinarily I would say big deal, who cares, right? However, failbook has managed to 'slither' their way into significant percentages of people's lives (not mine, I am gleefully happy to report). Consequently, (and sadly) failbook, to some, is viewed as a source of truth when nothing could be further from the truth. Therefore, I think the larger conspiracy is why the rest of planet Earth has allowed this to happen.

Just my .02

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   
the site is working for me

jones is a shill, bill cooper is wheres its at!

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   
About time someone took that trash out.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   

As a woman can you tell me if the site is back up while making me a sandwich?

edit on 15-8-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer becasue he left it in the ladies room

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

As a woman can you tell me if the site is back up while making me a sandwich?

You kid but you would be amazed on how many can't. That is why when I interview a women for an engineering position in my company, I make sure to do it in the kitchen. If she can't answer the questions while answering the phone and cooking what really is the point for the women to apply?

I bet this whole Infowars thing was caused by a women.
edit on 21831America/ChicagoWed, 15 Aug 2018 07:21:39 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Lol when did info wars become one of the largest media sites on the web?

He has about 2,430,000 subscribers on youtube.

The lady I watch put on makeup has over 4,000,000 and I'm betting no one on here has ever heard of her.

Alex Jones is the lunatic fringe. He's not even a contender as an influencer compared to many others.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Far better at it?

Haha ho ho

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join