It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have osteoarthritis in my back and CBD oil takes the pain away and leaves my head clear.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Unfortunately it is expensive... but a cure for extreme pain is usually worth the price

IF you can find a place to buy legal cannabis... its usually there

I can't believe something would actually work.

I am in constant pain.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Unfortunately it is expensive... but a cure for extreme pain is usually worth the price

I am in constant pain.

To me, the full spectrum CBD I take far exceeds recreational/medical cannabis and other high thc concentrates I’ve tried for pain relief. Maybe it’s because it has a higher CBD percentage, I don’t know, but it works and I like not being in pain.

A bottle seems expensive at first but considering I only have to take a few drops at a time it’s actually more economical than generic pain meds at the pharmacy. I get at least two months out of one bottle so it’s a little more than $30 a month. If it weren’t so stigmatized and easier to get, or heaven forbid I were able to grow my own hemp then that price could drop considerably.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

I am in constant pain.

Well perhaps you should attempt to find some CBD and see if it works as well as I've seen it work for you...

My mom's jaw dropped and she almost started to cry when she first tried it

Shes been in pain for years... Mind you she still has a lot of pain in her hips... but it takes away the arthritis pain in her knees within minutes

I hope you manage to find some and give it a try... the plant really is incredible

No wonder its been illegal for so long... Theres no way to prevent people from getting it

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoldenBrain71
a reply to: SeaWorthy

It may be that she used too much. CBD, or rather all cannabis is the type of drug that cancels some of its own effectiveness the more you use. Ever heard the term “smoke yourself sober?”

If I use 3 drops at night I sleep like a baby but if I use more than that I get a little restless. Pain is the same thing, the more I use the less effective it is, so less is best with CBD.

And, yes, everyone is different and not all CBD Oil is created the same. If you want to see what I take compared to what she took, I get mine here... www.cbdbiocare.com/bbernier

I live in Louisville and see it sold in alot of places. Need to research this better.

Thanks,

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa

originally posted by: madmac5150
We have an aging service dog... she is retired, but her age is catching up to her. We consulted our vet about CBD for the dog, and she said to give it a try. It has worked wonders. There are no real side effects (she can get a bit groggy for an hour so... ), but the pain relief that she gets is tremendous.

She gets no THC (bad for puppy dogs), just pure CBD. The results have been quite remarkable.

This is so interesting, madmac. Can you tell me how you administer it to your dog. Is it in drops or applied to the skin? I have a dog with arthritis and would like to give it a try.

We get the pure oil. We add a half dropper of oil (~5 ml) to a spoon full of peanut butter. Keep in mind she is an 85 lb dog, you may have to adjust the dosage. It takes between 45-90 minutes to fully take effect. The only side effect that we have seen with our dog- she tends to get a bit groggy when it starts to take effect. 20 minutes later, and she is pain free. We can tell by her mannerisms, her energy... it has worked great for her. She seems to get real pain relief for 8-12 hours.

Do be very careful in states where recreational use is legal, as some CBD oils may contain THC... very bad for dogs, not to mention possible legal problems if crossing state borders. The THC may lead to seizures that can be life threatening... so do be cautious.

Hope I have been helpful

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity
a reply to: GoldenBrain71

Now you're the one preaching to the choir, yet you're singing from the wrong hymn sheet, lol.

I'm not a US citizen, so I'm unsure of the legal definition at the federal level and from state to state and province to province, but if your government is using 'marijuana' as the 'legal term' for cannabis, you have a problem.

We have only had legal recreational weed for less than 5 years so there are still some kinks to be worked out. But, a problem? Yeah we have had a "problem" with the way our gov legally views drugs for a very very long time.

At this point we are just happy they stopped arresting us and treating us the same as violent meth addicts just for taking our medicine that we need! I could care less what word they decide to use in the legislation that tells them not to throw my butt in jail, lol!

But yes, I do hate the word marijuana and it did confuse me why professionals, and business owners were using it. I just gave in and started using it from time to time myself. I just prefer to call it canabis. *shrug*

I like using the stuff by Fairwinds, called full spectrum extract i think. It takes the essenses from the Leaf, Flower, Stem, and Root. And it has a "precision click-dose" so you get approximately the same amount every time. And you can eat it, dab it, mix it in your drink, whatever.

Its especially expensive here at least in Washington State, because they arent allowed to sell you more than like, a gram at a time. So you have to buy all that extra packaging, all those extra plastic & metal syringe clicker devices...

But, progress is being made. I guess theres that.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Absolutely and for sure! It's purely semantics to be fair, it's just knowing the origins of the term makes me feel a little uncomfortable, it's almost like the 'n' word for cannabis.

Still, progress is progress and I'm happy for you guys!

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I’m going to try this recipe and thought I’d share.

Tart cherry is used for the natural melatonin.

Healthy CBD Oil Gummies Recipe for Sleep
Ingredients:
▪ 1 cup tart cherry juice
▪ 1/4 cup gelatin powder
▪ 2 T raw honey
▪ CBD oil (see notes below)
Directions:
1 Pour juice into a small saucepan over medium heat.
2 Slowly mix the gelatin powder into the juice.
3 Add the honey.
4 Turn on low heat and stir as it begins to warm.
5 Stir for 2-3 minutes or until mixture is smooth and gelatin has dissolved.
6 Remove from heat.
7 Pour into silicone molds (or a very lightly greased glass baking dish.) I used my measuring cup to make pouring easier.
8 Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours to harden.
9 Remove from molds.
10 Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
To use: 
Take one-two gummies 30-60 minutes prior to sleep.
Notes:
Start slow with CBD. You can always up the dose of your next batch. I recommend starting with 3 mg per gummie, so you will have to do a little math. I have molds for 30 gummies and will use 3 droppers at 30mg per dropper.
edit on 16-8-2018 by GoldenBrain71 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-8-2018 by GoldenBrain71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Canabis is a gift from the gods. A true miracle plant.

With 5 basic varieties: Indicas, Sativas, Indica Hybrids, 50/50 Hybrids, Sativa Hybrids, and CBD strains/products as a 6th "variety" (Ruderalis is not really used, except in special situations that involve breeding or something) and with so many ways to use it, Edibles, smoking flower, tincture drops, topically, vaginally (as in they make lube and vaginal suppositories, good for menstrual symptoms and pelvic pain and sexual enjoyment), and there are several types of concentrates and oils to vape or dab all made by specific methods...

That gives well over 50 different ways to experience it and more is being discovered.

A lot of people have tried one way, one strain, and maybe they were more of an indica person, but the stuff they tried was sativa, or vice versa, or maybe a nice hybrid w so they just assume they dont like weed. And they never try it again for the rest of their lives.

Theres about 10 ways different enough that, you should try them all before being able to honestly say "canabis doesn't work for me".

Also, before legalization, you could get bad pesticides that could effect the experience. Now you have the ability to select a reputable brand and even a cheap brand is subject to the standard regulations and whatnot.

But yes, the CBD products are probably one of if not the most incredible thing gaining popularity since legalization in my state.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join