It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Universe is Mental, God is the All in Everything

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Oh ye of the tilted hat: if you suggest that truth may be subjective, may some facts also be subjective?

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Subjective claims that often express opinions and feelings may involve facts, they do not make factual claims however, and therefore they are in a sense neither true nor false in the same way an objective claim is true or false.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
"God is the All in everything" is not a rational coherent english sentence. "God is everything" or "God is in everything" are rational coherent sentences, even though they're wrong (also known as Pantheism). Which seems to be the main point the OP is making (one of those 2; seems to be more focussed on the latter but I'm still seeing some elements of the former in "The Universe is Mental").

Is God a Real Person?

Common answers:

▪ “He is everywhere, in everything. He is like the wind.”

▪ “He is an indefinable intelligence, an abstract force.”

What did Jesus say?

▪ “In the house of my Father there are many abodes.” (John 14:2) Jesus spoke of God as having a figurative house, or dwelling place.

▪ “I came out from the Father and have come into the world. Further, I am leaving the world and am going my way to the Father.” (John 16:28) Jesus believed that God is an actual Person living in a specific location.

JESUS never referred to God as some abstract force. On the contrary, he talked to God and prayed to him. He often called Jehovah his heavenly Father, a term revealing his deep intimacy with God.​—John 8:19, 38, 54.
It is true that “no man has seen God at any time” and that “God is a Spirit.” (John 1:18; 4:24) But this does not mean that he is without any type of body or form. The Bible tells us: “If there is a physical body, there is also a spiritual one.” (1 Corinthians 15:44) So does Jehovah have a spiritual body?
Yes. When Jesus was resurrected, he “entered . . . into heaven itself, now to appear before the person of God for us.” (Hebrews 9:24) This teaches us two important facts about God. First, he has a place of dwelling. Second, he is a Person, not simply an indefinable force that resides everywhere.

How, then, can God’s influence be felt everywhere? God can send his holy spirit, or power in action, to any place in the universe. Like a father who extends his hand to console and support his children, God extends his holy spirit to accomplish his purpose.​—Psalm 104:30; 139:7.
Because God is a Person, he also has a personality with likes and dislikes​—even feelings. The Bible tells us that he loves his people, rejoices in his works, hates idolatry, and feels hurt over wickedness. (Genesis 6:6; Deuteronomy 16:22; 1 Kings 10:9; Psalm 104:31) At 1 Timothy 1:11, he is called “the happy God.” No wonder Jesus said that we can learn to love this God with our whole heart!​—Mark 12:30.

edit on 28-8-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I like to think of the universe as a constant inflating bubble membrane of information in matrix form getting bombarded constantly by other bubble memebrains, which in turn never end. Now what’s separates humans from aliens, animals etc. is the ability to use the mind to interact with the universe understand the limits and the very molecules that define and make the universe. The human mind itself is a portal to the universe, why do humans understand concepts? Why can't the smartest chimp in the world make a simple PB and jelly sandwich on command and were not talking something that is trained or programmed. Simple the creator gave only a select species the knowledge of information and the access to use the universe. The mind its self is a mini universe simulator now the mind has no limitations. This can be seen with the abstract concepts in your brain you can think of anything haha have you ever tried to think of nothing, how we turn sc-fi to reality we are constantly reaching a intangible limit. Now the human body in conjunction with the brain is limited to the confines of earthly limits. We know a photon is limited to 187,000mph. Theoretically if you take the mind out a human body and keep it stored some way or even tricking, fooling or manipulating the mind to believe its encompassed in the human body the mind will be fine and simulate itself accordingly. So if we reconnect the stem into a another body form the mind the very thing that knows its in a system of complex matrixes will still be a mind how long will the mind last if you do that well that all belongs to the infinite possibility of belief to making that transfer truly successful. Have you ever believed something to be true have you ever hoped, have you ever put your thoughts to belief creating virtual realties of your favor in your (brain) aka the mini universe sim? Those thoughts are energies, which indeed create alternate realties in universes of those thoughts. Creating the theory of parallel universes. How I say those universes bombarded each other well everything takes time to get back to each other, everything in this universe is for a moment in time everything on the other side of a black hole is indeed timeless until that black hole gets filled with the data aka information from the universe its breaking out of thus creating universes with information from previous universes to make new ones with underlying information from the previous universe in the new one. Some universe limits may be in another universe a photon can travel 500,000mph thus creating a different limit and universe limitations for this knowledge of that information interpreted by who can have access to even interpreting it a select groups of species.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Subjective claims that often express opinions and feelings may involve facts, they do not make factual claims however, and therefore they are in a sense neither true nor false in the same way an objective claim is true or false.

Could we apply this to all posts? Yours, mine, and anyone's ever post?

How to see if ever a person could make a truly objective claim?
What would that look like?

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

2+2=4

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

2+2=4

What?
So 2 half-apples plus two half-oranges equals what: four half fruit pieces?

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa

originally posted by: toysforadults
I must be lacking in consciousness or awareness in order for this to be the responses I get.

I think when you have expansion of consciousness you will leave most behind. Your concepts will also be found in the Bhagavad Gita. Knowing these things on an intellectual level and incorporating them into your reality are two different things, the last being the challenge.

I interpret the second one . The universe is the mind, as the universe is information, the cumulative information of all, the creator and the creations. As Edgar Cayce used to say "thoughts (information) are things".

Yes, Edgar said, “Mind is the Builder”. His experiences on Earth were out of the ordinary, literally out of this world.

All the ancient esoteric teachers told the narrative of creation and how we came to “be”. All different stories but never the less they all have the same theme.

Then we also have NDE that also tell different stories keeping with a similar theme.

There is a power greater than ourself that moves energy and transforms said energy. People call this energy different names but at the end of the day we are all speculating as there isn’t any proof beyond the human experience. Stories of the past may validate our personal experience but until you have witnessed this power, this force, in action, you cannot make another understand. Their minds are closed to the evidence you are offering.

The cool 😎 thing to me is I KNOW regardless of what another says. I know what I know based upon the experiences I’ve had over the years which tell me without a doubt there is a force I can tap into which makes my life a mystical and exciting experience. We all have this power but if the mind is closed to it, then it cannot experience such without an interference with another spirit. Even then the mind won’t be able to conceive what’s truly going on if said experience doesn’t open them up to the possibilities.

Ask and you shall receive. That’s the real power we all possess.
What comes around goes around. Life is a circle we are always in constant motion evolving.

Mindis the builder. What we think becomes reality. True power to say I am because what follows is what your mind believes you are.

Such easy concepts we twist and distort to never really get the entire picture. If you ask with pure intent you will be given what you ask for which is why they say be careful what you ask for. The universe is very giving and doesn’t understand right and wrong. It just gives and gives...

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Yes.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

"Could we apply this to all posts? Yours, mine, and anyone's ever post?"

No

"How to see if ever a person could make a truly objective claim?"

Say what now?

An objective claim is a statement about a factual matter that can be proved to be true or false.

"What would that look like?"

Common sense. Logic/logical deduction.
edit on 2-9-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Yes.

2 large hungry fish in an aquarium, plus two little fish, may perhaps equal 2 not-so hungry large fish, no?

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

"Could we apply this to all posts? Yours, mine, and anyone's ever post?"

No

"How to see if ever a person could make a truly objective claim?"

Say what now?

An objective claim is a statement about a factual matter that can be proved to be true or false.

"What would that look like?"

Common sense. Logic/logical deduction.

Perhaps common sense, is not as common, nor sensical, as we might believe?
Are there not communities, where folks hold the common sense in magic, or other beliefs?
How can we be sure that our supposed common sense, is truth?

As you suggest: perhaps that Logic/logical deduction, could help?
If we were to examine common sense, of different places, under the scrutiny of Logic/logical deduction, would we not find discrepancies in some places?

If so: then is common sense not a belief system, and not really any kind of truth?

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Still 4 fish. Even a hammer a toothbrush a fish and half an orange equal four things.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Still 4 fish. Even a hammer a toothbrush a fish and half an orange equal four things.

Am not seeing your four fish,

Do you believe that all 'things', are real?
What if there are no 'things' ?

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Lets put it this way if a system of belief can stand up to logical deduction then it may be true, but that won't be the case unless there are facts/evidence/repeatable results and experimentation to support the system of belief.

Else you are simply back to it being a leap of faith.

What kind of discrepancies do you mean and what is the belief system you have in mind?

What do you believe Nothin? Because for all intent and purpose 1+1=2.
edit on 3-9-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The first belief that sets off all beliefs, is that you are a separate thing.

Naming is the origin of particular things....................if names and labels and words are removed............what is there really?

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Mathematics and physics spring to mind.

Phi, Pi, and G are still at play else the universe would not exist, names and labels are our bag, without such communication of complex information would not be possible.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Mathematics and physics spring to mind.

Phi, Pi, and G are still at play else the universe would not exist, names and labels are our bag, without such communication of complex information would not be possible.

Forget mathematics and physics.

Look now...............what is there? Are words needed for seeing to occur? Are words required for what is appearing to appear?
Or are words appearing in this/as this, which never comes or goes?
edit on 3-9-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Look anywhere you care to choose mathematics and physics are at play.

Even your brain employs the use of such whilst converting the radiation/light your eyes detect into meaningful information your mind can interpret.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Look anywhere you care to choose mathematics and physics are at play.

Even your brain employs the use of such whilst converting the radiation/light your eyes detect into meaningful information your mind can interpret.

Look with no concept....and the mystery may be seen.

I see no brain....can you?

Forget all the stories that you have learned and look and see what is not a story.
edit on 3-9-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join