It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Universe is Mental, God is the All in Everything

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Itisnowagain

I can see the moon and other planets change position in the sky, as well can you.

That's not a leap of faith that's direct observation.

Indeed.

No faith required when you have facts and repeatable evidence available, that's science not religion, and please don't try and tell me they are the same thing because there are a multitude of difference which i have already outlined in previous posts.

Believe based on factual evidence is not the same as a leap of faith, simply because you know what you are jumping into to a degree.

But it is not based on direct observation......so is a leap of faith.
Have you actually witnessed these things yourself....or are you trusting that you are being told the truth?

Do you know space time is expanding?

edit on 21-8-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

If we are not living the what are we doing?

We're living a temporary human existence to prepare us for the next eternal life.

And whats a divine thought, nevermind the difference from normal thoughts, can you give an example?

A divine thought is a message from God or angels who are messengers of God.

An example of a divine thought or dream could be a warning of something to come to prepare you. It could also be an answer to a long awaited question. I believe that some scientific breakthroughs are the result of a divine thought or message that has been delivered by one of the above. However, like most things on earth, there are also angels (Satan's) who have the ability to deliver false messages. That's why we're instructed to stay close to God to keep those types of messages from deceiving us.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
For those that understand jibberish or mumbo jumbo:

And the Earth is flat.
Stay with me....
Look at a television set......see the screen before the tv is switched on. It is easy to see that the screen is flat.
Now turn the tv on......it seems to be full of space.....
Isn't that amazing?

See all those apparent people on the screen............could they appear to exist if there was no screen?

The screen is the ground of all being.
Earth is the ground.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Science suggests such, mathematics also to the best of my knowledge, so as in as much as i can decern that space-time is expanding the answer is yes.

I will suggest to you Itisnowagain i seem to be addressing your queries, to the best of my ability, answer mine please, thats what the question marks are for in my previous posts.

"So what are these dots of light if not other stars? LoL

And if they are not stars then what is our Sun?"
edit on 21-8-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Everything is temporary Deetermined, after all, entropy must increase.

What makes a thought divine, the idea, or the source?

Keep in mind that good and evil are very Human constructs that do not translate to nature, nor anything omnipotent thus above such notions.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

"So what are these dots of light if not other stars? LoL

Stars, are what dots of light in the night sky, have been named.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

"Stars, are what dots of light in the night sky, have been named."

That's a pathetic attempt and you know it is.

What makes the light?

What are these dots comprised of and how does the light from such even get here/propagate if space-time is not what it seems?

Moving along to our own dot of light, again, explain please?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

That's a pathetic attempt and you know it is.

Sorry...I honestly don't know 'what ' they are?

Do you 'know' what they are?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I know what science alludes too via the collection of data and repeatable experimental results.

So they are simply dots of light, that's enough for you?

They are Stars Itisnowagain just like our own, massive collections of gas, mostly hydrogen and helium. Natural fusion reactors that emit light as electromagnetic radiation.

If you have a better explanation, im all ears.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I have no explanation...........the dots of light seen in the sky at night are stars......that's good enough for me.
How does it effect what actually IS?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Everything is temporary Deetermined, after all, entropy must increase.

Everything is temporary now, but the Bible tells us that this earth and the universe as we know is all going to be destroyed by fire and replaced.

What makes a thought divine, the idea, or the source?

The source from which it came.

Keep in mind that good and evil are very Human constructs that do not translate to nature, nor anything omnipotent thus above such notions.

No, the knowledge of good and evil was given to us. God holds knowledge of all, including evil. Just because God doesn't practice evil doesn't mean He doesn't have knowledge of it. While He can't reside in the presence of evil, He is most certainly aware that it exists and indirectly created it when He created beings that were allowed to practice their own free will. Remember, angels have free will too.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

See this is where you are going to tell me its now again and that time does not exist i suppose?

Mate, you need to work with the tools and information available, its all we have to define our reality, and that equates to science im afraid, science says space-time exists and is expanding.

You do have an explanation, the best one that science can provide to date.

I need to go do some stuff now but ile check back in later, times a little precious today.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Mate, you need to work with the tools and information available, its all we have to define our reality, and that equates to science im afraid, science says space-time exists and is expanding.

I have no need to 'define' reality.
Reality is what there IS........apparently.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
a reply to: Nothin

I have a better story about how stubborn, blind, and ignorant some people can be about how God works...

Better?
What do you mean: better?

Better as in how some folks think that their god is better than everyone else's god?

Better as in how some folks think canned spaghetti is better than the Mario's House of Spaghetti Special?

How is a cut-and-paste of a dusty old parable, better than a handmade story, written in an attempt to reach-out to you?

Why do you insist on calling a group of folks with open-minds: "stubborn"?
Do you think you are stubborn at all?
Are you able to contemplate multiple meanings to your old story, or do you think it only means one thing?

Why do you figure that your god sent you here to ATS, and to this thread?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Its space-time that's expanding through, its an intrinsic expansion where the scale of space itself changes.

The universe does not expand into anything and does not require space to exist outside it.

So to a "Casual Observer" it appears that space is expanding and all but the nearest galaxies are receding into the distance.

What seems real to anyone is directly linked to there perspective, and down at the bottom of our gravity well ours is so very, very, limited.

Indeed: our perspective seems to be so very, very, limited.

If so: how can these theories of what the universe is supposedly doing, be regarded as real and true?
We agreed previously that science may be viewed as our best current guess.

We have our seemingly most probable guess, from our so very, very, limited perspective,
We call this "Science", and some dare to believe this as truth.

Do we also not have unlimited, perhaps lesser probable possibilities?
Multiverse theory; Simulation theory; etc...

Can anyone proclaim to know the truth? Any truth?
Can't see it from here.

Does it not seem that our societies are built on untrue, supposed truths?
If our best scientist are not speaking truth, then who is?

Or, if you prefer: is it possible that truth cannot be spoken, nor percieved by us?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I think no one wants to hear a milquetoast comment such as this, but:

Good Job all parties involved! You are all raising awareness of AWARENESS, though there does seem to be primarily two stars of the show, plus toysforadults who provided this thread and ATS who provided this forum and Uncle Sam for our right of free speech and of course GOD ( and Christ and Holy spirit), and Amen.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:53 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Why do you insist on calling a group of folks with open-minds: "stubborn"?

Denial isn't having an open mind, it's just stubborness exhibited by free will.

Here are six reasons for why there is a God that exists outside of us...

www.everystudent.com...

If people would take the time to read the Bible, all answers about God, life, this world, and our part in it are explained.

James 1:5-8, 13-18

5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8 Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.

13 When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; 14 but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. 15 Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

16 Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters. 17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. 18 He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Personally, i tend to tilt my hat towards the simulated universe theory.

And if the holographic principle turns out to hold any weight, which we may be able to determine once we are able to resolve/measure the Planck unit, that may very well shine some much-needed light upon the topic.

Plus it also does not discount nor discredit the possibility of multiverse theory to an extent.

If it is a simulation, chances are it's a simulation, of a simulation, of a simulation, etc.

Truth can be subjective, influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.

Science through is an enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions about our universe.

Truth can only be interpreted i suppose, after all one Mans truth is another Man lie, but its how we support the facts that's the ticket.
edit on 22-8-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Do you figure that god may have created god?

Because: Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwddddddddddddddddd!!!!!!!!

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join