It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Universe is Mental, God is the All in Everything

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: Deetermined

Here is a link to a BBC Horizon documentary 'The Secret You'.
documentaryheaven.com...
Near the end of a the documentary....the test is done with a MRI machine.
You can tell by the researchers face as he sits stunned by the results.

What did you not understand about the fact that the MRI was picking up "readiness" purely by the fact that people were anticipating a question or command being given to them? It wasn't measuring the right thing.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

That's fine i have my own expectations of the big fellow.

Now i don't have an issue with most of his expectation, but just my very questioning of his is enough to get me damned for all eternity.

Are you sure he is looking for an equal and not a plaything?

Keep in mind that where Gods are concerned, whats right or wrong, good or evil, would be somewhat below there omnipotent level of play.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Here is a link to a BBC Horizon documentary 'The Secret You'.
documentaryheaven.com...
Near the end of a the documentary....the test is done with a MRI machine.
You can tell by the researchers face as he sits stunned by the results.

What did you not understand about the fact that the MRI was picking up "readiness" purely by the fact that people were anticipating a question or command being given to them? It wasn't measuring the right thing.

The apparent scientists were doing and judging the experiment..........did they get it wrong?
edit on 20-8-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I dont blame God i blame humanity and its propensity to repeat her mistakes and past historical transgressions from one generation too another, its our fault not Gods. LoL

I never said it was God's fault. It is our own fault. The Bible is one long story about how we're not able to overcome our own mistakes and that's why we need a Savior. God/Jesus is that Savior. We never have been able to redeem ourselves, only God/Jesus can reconcile and redeem us. That's what the Bible is all about!

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

The Brain seems to be anticipating somewhat beforehand though, seconds beforehand to be descript, which where electrical brain activity is concerned is almost an eternity.

Thats not anticipating it's bordering on precognition.

Further experimentation went even further being able to determine with somewhat accuracy which hand a person would use to press a button 5-10 minutes before the actual act occurred.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

But he is not saving anything. We don't need redemption aside from ourselves.

What makes you think the majority of Humanity even want redemption?

Whats it actually worth?
edit on 20-8-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I notice im addressing your queries but you seem to be skipping over some of the larger questions possed, why is that?

I didn't realize I was skipping over anything. Maybe I'm just not responding as fast? I'm trying to get there.

Tell us what you think and not what God says on the subject from a book written 1000s of years ago.

I think and believe what the Bible says, so I'm not sure I have any better answers than the ones that God laid out for us through thousands of scriptures. That's why we have it. There really aren't that many questions that it doesn't answer if you take the time to read it thoroughly.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Why do you believe through given the lack of supporting evidence to even suggest God or Jesuses existence?

Those scriptures prove nothing other than Mans fear and fallibility at play.

Take from this what you will, but i actually quite envy your belief, as i imagine it affords you the luxury of enormous peace of mind.

I wish my world was so black and white and easily definable sometimes.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

That's fine i have my own expectations of the big fellow.

Now i don't have an issue with most of his expectation, but just my very questioning of his is enough to get me damned for all eternity.

That's why He's God and we aren't. I do have a very strong belief that He will give people ample opportunity to discover the truth before there's any condemning. I have to ask myself though, if God tells us in the Bible that some people's heads and hearts are so hardened that they wouldn't even believe the truth from someone who has died and came back to tell them what really exists, how stubborn can stubborn be in this life? At what point does stubborness refuse all authority even if it leads to their own demise? That's hard for me to imagine, but the Bible says it will happen.

Are you sure he is looking for an equal and not a plaything?

We've been treating God as a plaything throughout our entire human existence, but no, I don't believe God looks at us that way.

Keep in mind that where Gods are concerned, whats right or wrong, good or evil, would be somewhat below there omnipotent level of play.

You're right, it is. That's why God leaves evil to Satan and the angels who left God to follow Satan. God allowed them free will too. Unfortunately, He didn't create a salvation or reconciliation plan for angels because they knew better from the beginning. Once again, it just goes to show you how stubborn and irrational free will can be sometimes.

edit on 20-8-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Keep in mind Satan only does what God allows, its kind of in the remit, just a thought.

But we are nobody's pawns, even in a cosmic chess game of epic proportions, free will or otherwise.

What is salvation and/or redemption why do you or i need to be saved?

Ile tell you what they are, they are control constructs, nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Why do you believe through given the lack of supporting evidence to even suggest God or Jesuses existence?

I have been given many signs, messages, and dreams about Jesus' existence. He answers my prayers.

At one time in my life, I was living it the way I wanted and not the way God wanted me to. I noticed that I kept making the same mistakes over and over again. God told me how to correct it and so I did. It required me to rebuild my relationship with Him, spend more time in prayer asking for His answers and His will in my life over my own. Since I've made God first priority in my life, it's been the best decade of my existence! My life, my marriage, my kids have all exceeded my expectations. When you see God working in your life, you don't want to turn back.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Sound like you have found what you are looking for, nothing wrong with that, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

What colour is Jesus is your dreams through?

Some of us are just always going to want real proof, just how we are wired.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Keep in mind Satan only does what God allows, its kind of in the remit, just a thought.

That is true.

But we are nobody's pawns, even in a cosmic chess game of epic proportions, free will or otherwise.

That is true too. This is why I believe in free will, to keep us from being anyone's pawns.

What is salvation and/or redemption why do you or i need to be saved?

We've been redeemed through Jesus Christ who died a human death for our sins, so that we wouldn't have to experience an eternal death. We only have to believe in Jesus, acknowledge what He did for us, and ask Him to forgive us for our sins. Jesus is the only mediator between us and God until we all can join God, but that won't happen until all corruption and evil have been exterminated.

I'll tell you what they are, they are control constructs, nothing more, nothing less.

They may seem like control constructs for now, but when we're all together with God, there won't be a need for laws or constructs, as all will be perfect and the way it was meant to be. For now, we need guidance to get us through this imperfect life and lead us into the next, where we won't need it any longer.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

If God and Mary were not married, which as far as i am lead to believe they were not, then Jesus was illegitimate and a bastard by definition, so how did he get back into heaven?

Also, i was not alive back then, how could he have died for my sins?

The point is there is no guidance other than a couple of books written by Man thousands of years ago, The Bible does not even contain original parables but a rehash of others that came before.

If this life is imperfect then why should the next be any different?

Without imperfection, the world would be rather a dull place to exist, now if heaven is eternal ive got to wonder im i going to be bored senseless for all eternity to come?

Because that's just as bad as being tortured really.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
Ile take Science over religion through every day of the week and twice on Tuesdays because the former requires repeatable results and the latter a massive leap of faith.

Could you explain how you come to claim to know of such things as "...dark matter and dark energy to contend with..."?

Could you explain that without, at some point, making a leap of faith?

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

What colour is Jesus is your dreams through?

LOL! Surprisingly enough, he's invisible in my dreams. I can only see him walking through the grass by the grass moving under his footsteps, feel him holding my hand without an actual hand being there, and hear Him talking to me. I really can't describe it much better than that.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

I can't even attempt to explain dark energies or matter.

That's well above my pay grade, ken or understanding, and as you are probably aware the theory is a work in progress.

It's our best attempt to explain the expansion of the universe through with the limited information and tools at our disposal.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I was just wondering coz he's apt to be a person of colour just down to geography, now i dont ever remember the guy on the cross being portrayed in such a truthful manner.

Sounds rather alarming really, invisible you say, so how do you know he is Jesus and what does he say?

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

If God and Mary were not married, which as far as i am lead to believe they were not, then Jesus was illegitimate and a bastard by definition, so how did he get back into heaven?

Marriage is an earthly thing. Jesus explained to his disciples that there was no such thing as marriage in Heaven, so I'm doubting that when the Holy Spirit conceived with a virgin that He was worried about what we would think.

Also, i was not alive back then, how could he have died for my sins?

Jesus died for all sins past, present, and future. All souls are being held in Paradise or Sheol until either the Millennial Kingdom comes about or the Great White Throne Judgement takes place. This is one area of the Bible that's not clear to me and has been up for interpretation. After the destruction of the earth and the Great White Throne Judgement, those who accepted Jesus as their Savior, will be spending all eternity in heaven (in their new heavenly bodies) with Jesus.

edit on 20-8-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

But Heaven doesn't admit bastards, how did he get past the gates on his return? Keep in mind as above so below....apparently Earthly things count up there also.

To be held, even in Paradise seems rather extreme, what if they wish to go out for the evening?

Considering what humanity has gotten up to post-resurrection i think he might need to come back a few more billion times to die again for our sins given the extent of our transgressions towards one another.

Many an area i have an issue with, even some wisdom to be had from time to time, could be doing with another new testament all the same, because it simply has not aged well.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join