It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Universe is Mental, God is the All in Everything

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

somewhat been pretty busy

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

There is a big discussion on this thread.........you might want to read it?

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

From my perspective and the perspective of Hermes god and everything is like a hologram. Each bit of information contains the information for the whole within it.

From my perspective, the whole (God) already holds all knowledge and chooses to share enough bits and pieces of it with us so that we can share in it together while enhancing our lives here on earth.

What I can infer from this is that creation isn't truly creation what it is is awareness. An idea isn't new it's simply discovered. By becoming more aware I become more creative.

My belief is that only God has always existed, that He created us, gave us the ability to become aware of Him, ourselves, and our roles and purposes for each other.

From this I can also infer that I won't find answers outside of myself, I already have all of the answers within.

If we all had all of the answers within, we wouldn't keep repeating the same mistakes over thousands of years. God wanted us to realize that we could never make real progress (not repeating our mistakes) without Him and He's going to make that clear to us clear up until the very end.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Not my conclusion, that would be one Mr Benjamin Libet back in the 1980s. LoL

Nevermind the subsequent other experiments into the field since then that have also suggested such.

Science indicates freewill is not what the philosophers claim it to be nor the blessing any anthropomorphized sky God was handing out nether.

It is what it is im afraid, just means there are more questions and further understanding required as to where our consciousness emerges from or resides.

Gods not handing out the answers, that's our job, should we care to do so.

edit on 20-8-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Not my conclusion, that would be one Mr Benjamin Libet back in the 1980s. LoL

Nevermind the subsequent other experiments into the field since then that have also suggested such.

Science indicates freewill is not what the philosophers claim it to be nor the blessing any anthropomorphized sky God was handing out nether.

I see you're unable to provide an explanation. Maybe a link? I'm guessing you can't provide that either.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Ive told you who proposed the notion.

Google is your friend. x

Essentially your brain initiates the decision-making process before you actively make a choice.

If you don't like to read then this guy outlines the problems related to and/or associated with free will rather well.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
They were very interesting studies as far as I remember reading, I think 60% accuracy predicting which button the participants would press.
The jury is still out though, but these studies certainly have more substance behind them than "God knows all" etc, which is of course based solely on unverifiable beliefs.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Benjamin Libet...

Many materialists believe that evidence for a lack of free will was found when, in the 1980s, the scientist Benjamin Libet conducted experiments that seemed to show that the brain “registers” the decision to make movements before a person consciously decides to move. In Libet’s experiments, a participant would be asked to perform a simple task such as pressing a button or flexing their wrist. Sitting in front of a timer, they were asked to note the moment at which they were consciously aware of the decision to move, while EEG electrodes attached to their head monitored their brain activity. Libet showed consistently that there was unconscious brain activity associated with the action - a change in EEG signals that Libet called “readiness potential” - for an average of half a second before the participants were aware of the decision to move. This experiment appears to offer evidence of Daniel Wegner’s view that decisions are first made by the brain, and there is a delay before we become conscious of them - at which point we attribute our own conscious intention to the act.

However, if we look more closely, Libet’s experiment is full of problematic issues.

www.psychologytoday.com...

LOL! This is the silliest thing I've ever read, but you might want to read on to see how faulty that experiment was.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Less 'faulty' than believing you and your god claims with zero verifiable evidence lol

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Of course the jury is still out and will be until we further understand the quantum realm a whole lot better, nevermind the impact it can have on our macro universe.

Interesting times in which we live, neuroscience is progressing at a similar pace to computer science, the implications of such may directly affect or influence the singularity when it comes around.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

And your Bible is infallible???

The experiment is what it is I'm afraid as are the subsequent experiments that has also alluded to the fact that free will is illusory at best.

Ask God, he will tell you so, predestination and all that jazz.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Agreed, as more is learned about how our brains work I suspect it will blow holes in many philosophical and theosophical arguments.
A future paradigm shift in the making maybe, as you say, interesting times.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

The fact that you think any kind of computer or machine is capable of measuring when we think, much less what we think, is hilarious in itself! The "readiness" in Libet's experiment could have easily been just the brain anticipating a question being thrown at it in order to respond. The people in the experiment were told to respond in a certain way. This doesn't have anything to do with how or why we make the choices we do without being commanded to do it. This is a complete fail for explaining "free will". LOL!

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

The experiment is what it is I'm afraid as are the subsequent experiments that has also alluded to the fact that free will is illusory at best.

LOL! Everything is an illusion to some of you in this thread. Personally, I believe that to be a mental disorder in itself.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

No mate your notion of God and Christianity, in general, is a complete fail.

At least from a logical standpoint and i imagine that scares the crap out of you, which is why you keep rabbiting on about something you cannot prove exists in any meaningful tangible fashion.

Ask God for the answers, but you can't can you because he is not saying much or anything for that matter.

Anthropomorphised invisible infallible omnipotent sky Gods???

Maybe if Carlsberg did God i suppose. LoL

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Ask God for the answers, but you can't can you because he is not saying much or anything for that matter.

Nope, just the opposite. God gave me the answers that I've already been providing to you in this thread. Just because God doesn't speak to you doesn't mean that He doesn't speak to anyone.

If you really want to make yourself useful in this thread, why don't you tell us why you believe that there is no God, what you believe your purpose in life is, and what you believe is going to happen to you after you die?

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Introduce me to the dude then go on, is ok i dont bite.

Essentially pics or it did not happen. x

It's not my job to be of use to you and as to the purpose of life, that would be experience i imagine, if indeed there is any purpose to such.

I don't necessarily preclude the notion of some form of creator/group consciousness/underlying rhyme or reason to the universe we think we experience, but one that requires our attendance, worship, and prayer is quite frankly laughable at best.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
If you really want to make yourself useful in this thread, why don't you tell us why you believe that there is no God, what you believe your purpose in life is, and what you believe is going to happen to you after you die?

I'll play:
I don't believe in any gods due to the overwhelming number of conflicting claims around the world but none with any verifiable evidence to support them.

I don't believe my life has any purpose other than to procreate and pass my genetic information on - I've already done that so aside from that there is no 'purpose' just life until I die.

I have no idea what will happen to me after I die, I assume I'll just rot down and become food for worms and the tree which will be planted above my remains. There is no verifiable evidence to support claims that anything other than wormfood is what will happen to me when I die.

All pretty logical, so how about you? Answer your own questions, but if you say "I believe..." then at least explain why you believe that.
...oh, and 'god talking to me' just sounds like a psychotic episode to me, you know, hearing voices n stuff.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

A forgot monies, why does God want my money???

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I don't necessarily preclude the notion of some form of creator/group consciousness/underlying rhyme or reason to the universe we think we experience,

So, you don't have any real thoughts on the matter and it's all a mystery to you? Do you lean more one way over another, anything in particular?

By the way, your answer is expressing your free will to choose those answers for yourself, which is why they are opposite of mine. You do have the ability to control what you believe.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join