It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sadly just another example of how dishonest the media is.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

What we need is for Trump to establish a Government agency to decide what the TRUTH is for us. MAGA

Sort of a Ministry of Truth with a trump appointee to oversee the agency. A reputable, truthful man Rudy Giuliani or Steve Bannon. MAGA

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

And by "the media", I mean the liberal driven news. If you need more clarification, well, you need more help than I can offer.

Sure. Cuz we all know that Murdoch only promotes the truth, and nothing but the truth, on Foxy-News.

Can I get an Amen?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's a sad thing to be the first one to make a fool of yourself. But to be the 3rd one, and behind silly? well, i'd say it's sad, but instead it's typical. At least you are true to who you really are.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

What we need is for Trump to establish a Government agency to decide what the TRUTH is for us. MAGA

Sort of a Ministry of Truth with a trump appointee to oversee the agency. A reputable, truthful man Rudy Giuliani or Steve Bannon. MAGA

So rather than have an intelligent thought, you decided this was the best you could do.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
It's hilarious how some people can't see the double standard here.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I made a suggestion earlier and it was deemed off topic so I thought a little sarcasm might put a different light on the subject.
My earlier suggestion was for a group of "truth minded" investors start their own network. More capitalism...build it and they will come, so to speak.

My response is always let the market decide what the people want. Let the forces of capitalism and business work.

If the people don't like it, they won't support it, buy it, or consume it. Capitalism.

What are your thoughts? Try and make an effort to not respond without insults.

edit on 16-8-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

My thoughts are, that we as people should be smart enough to make up our own minds, but the realist in me, knows that's not the case.

I'd even say that most are easily led by the news they choose to watch. And for the idiots out there, yes, FOX is included in that, as I said in the OP.

And when you have a public that can be led by not only what the news is, but how it's presented, you have to at least entertain the idea that driving public opinion may not be a great idea.

I guess if you are a leftie, you won't see the problem, as the media is largely on your side, and tells us all things you like to hear.

But as with anything, Newton was on to something, for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. When things go the other way, remember this.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

The Fool wears the 0 for a reason, network-magician. Incoherently we ramble along like the self-drunken-style shaolins we were, 3 seconds apart from the next round of partisan jumpkicks.

You didn't just knock yourself out with pointing out the irony of your one-eyed double-blind study on the libruhl media, no. Everything is ok! Your excellent example of the critical theory in action remains undisputed. And no, you don't come across like a backpedaling clown, who has lost interest in his own plot.

Meanwhile, the "other" other media people strike back:

[...]
But crusading journalism is what is needed now. And there is a model to follow from recent American history. In 1976, Don Bolles, an investigative reporter with the Arizona Republic newspaper in Phoenix who had become well-known for his coverage of the Mafia, was killed when his car blew up. In response, investigative reporters from all over America poured into Arizona to continue Bolles’s reporting. In 1977, those reporters, working through what became known in journalism as the Arizona Project, produced a 23-part series on corruption in Arizona.

Today, more than 40 years later, American journalists should come together for a Trump Project.

James Risen - The Intercept

You guys will love this, right? Critical thinking and all that, ya know...

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

So how do you propose to get the message you approve of out there; And educate all those stupid people!!

All those stupid lefties need to be forced to change and get their mind right, eh? Is that your solution? What method would you use?

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Wait a second. You cited the apocalypse of the free market straight from the capitible, but you are still a leftie on ATS?

Intriguing. How did you do this? What was it exactly, that unveiled this treachery on the heretic path of left hand magick?

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

So rather than have an intelligent thought, you decided this was the best you could do.

I think he was just following the lead of your OP.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Wait a second. You cited the apocalypse of the free market straight from the capitible, but you are still a leftie on ATS?

I'm not a leftie! I'm a yugggeeee fan of Alex Jones. Anyone that is capable of building a rightwing empire out of BS and conspiracies is the ultimate capitalist.

My earlier suggestion was for networkdude to exemplify his name and start his own network but alas, deemed off topic.

I watch all the networks including fox. Not to mention a sometimes stringer for an worldwide news agency. News is just another product to be bought and sold by the likes of AP and Reuters..and hundreds of other news collectors. Have camera and mic...will travel.

Capitalism..

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

So how do you propose to get the message you approve of out there; And educate all those stupid people!!

All those stupid lefties need to be forced to change and get their mind right, eh? Is that your solution? What method would you use?

If it were up to me, I'd prefer some new organizations start up news that is free of opinion and only offers facts.
If enough effort was put into it, perhaps the model would either show that the will of the people is to not be led, or the people would reject it, in favor of not having to think.

But as of now, that doesn't exist. And don't be a douche and try to put words in my mouth. I don't want any censorship of anyone. I'd just like to see the free market dictate the outcome. And I'd like the outcome to be what I want to see. (since I have free thought and all)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

there are times I wish everyone has shock collars on, and I could zap them when the say something without any thought or intelligence behind it.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

there are times I wish everyone has shock collars on, and I could zap them when the say something without any thought or intelligence behind it.

In an OP about how MSM misleads people..

You spun a FOX story and misled people about how Rep. Ellison was "accused of abuse" ..

You also falsely claimed it wasn't covered by MSM, when CNN et al. covered it.

You posted Ari Fleischer deriding the DNC for staying silent, when they in fact issued a statement that they were launching an investigation into the claims.

You conveniently left out the specifics of the abuse (articulated in a very long rambling letter primarily complaining about dishonest text messages where an ex-girlfriend accuses him of Narcissism) leaving the reader to assume he was beating on a woman.

They sell the shock dog collars in a few different sizes, so be sure to try them on before purchasing one for yourself.

edit on 16-8-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

That or you're having too much XtremeNO and chicken bone shakes with gin again. Could be both though, good for you!

Capitalism...

I know. Great stuff for Infowars or Charlie Chaplin imitators like you, me and Buchanan.

James McGill Buchanan is a name you will rarely hear unless you’ve taken several classes in economics. And if the Tennessee-born Nobel laureate were alive today, it would suit him just fine that most well-informed journalists, liberal politicians, and even many economics students have little understanding of his work.

The reason? Duke historian Nancy MacLean contends that his philosophy is so stark that even young libertarian acolytes are only introduced to it after they have accepted the relatively sunny perspective of Ayn Rand. (Yes, you read that correctly). If Americans really knew what Buchanan thought and promoted, and how destructively his vision is manifesting under their noses, it would dawn on them how close the country is to a transformation most would not even want to imagine, much less accept.

www.ineteconomics.org...

Sadly, just another example of how dishonest the media is! We better call Saul now.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

In an OP about how MSM misleads people..

You spun a FOX story and misled people about how Rep. Ellison was "accused of abuse" ..

You also falsely claimed it wasn't covered by MSM, when CNN et al. covered it.

You posted Ari Fleischer deriding the DNC for staying silent, when they in fact issued a statement that they were launching an investigation into the claims.

You conveniently left out the specifics of the abuse (articulated in a very long rambling letter primarily complaining about dishonest text messages where an ex-girlfriend accuses him of Narcissism) leaving the reader to assume he was beating on a woman.

They sell the shock dog collars in a few different sizes, so be sure to try them on before purchasing one for yourself.

Lucky for you, this is all in the OP. You can call or write the editor and the writer. I passed on the info with my opinion. Like how I tried to sugar coat my opinion of you. Now you go and have a super day, and bless your heart.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16
CNN is the equivalent of the USSR Pravda of olden years. Stalinist tactics to assault a Democratically elected sitting President.

edit on 16-8-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

It's my sincere wish that all the media as we know it today, goes bankrupt, and is replaced by some outlets that do nothing but present facts as they happen, and let the viewers decide how they feel.

If you genuinely think this day will ever come to pass then I'm not really sure what to tell you. Hillary made the mistake of attempting to label alternative media as "fake news" and it backfired on her big league. Now more people are awake to the fact the MSM has been nothing but a left leaning propaganda machine since its inception.

The irony, however, is "fake news" has been around since the time of Ramses the Great when he falsely reported in hieroglyphs how handily he beat the Hittites. The reality is the Hittites handed Ramses his ass on a platter. Fake news has always been around mate and it's never going anywhere.

Besides, it's much more fun deciphering the hidden agendas.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join