It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sadly just another example of how dishonest the media is.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
And by "the media", I mean the liberal driven news. If you need more clarification, well, you need more help than I can offer.
www.foxnews.com...

Allegations of domestic abuse against Rep. Keith Ellison, the deputy chairman of the Democratic National Committee and the first Muslim elected to Congress, continued to rock the race for attorney general in Minnesota as voters headed to the polls on Tuesday. Key primary races were also underway in Connecticut, where Republicans hope to snatch yet another governorship in deep-blue New England, as well as Vermont and Wisconsin. The contests, which include House, Senate, and gubernatorial primaries, are a major test of President Trump's influence in the Midwest ahead of the November midterm elections, as several candidates fight to present themselves as the most pro-Trump choices. But the abuse allegation against Ellison, who has vowed to fight President Trump's agenda by seeking to restore ObamaCare and net neutrality regulations, loomed especially large nationally. Critics accused party leaders of staying mum on the situation for political reasons.

the tweet from Ari Fleischer

"It’s great to be the DNC," wrote former George W. Bush press secretary Ari Fleischer on Twitter Monday. "If Ellison were a Republican, the press would have knocked over the doors of the RNC demanding a statement. But the DNC’s co-chairman? No comment from the DNC. No feeding frenzy from the press."

It's my sincere wish that all the media as we know it today, goes bankrupt, and is replaced by some outlets that do nothing but present facts as they happen, and let the viewers decide how they feel. Until that happens, a good portion of the population will be ignorant of reality, and only know the version of the "truth" they are told by the assholes in the MSM. And no, the irony of posting something from Fox, isn't lost on me, they need to go as well. Same story, different book.
edit on 14-8-2018 by network dude because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-8-2018 by network dude because: bad spler

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

As an American I am ashamed at the blatantly corrupt Lamestream media we have, they're only Parrots on the Payroll and deserve no respect.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

The media is the propaganda arm of the Corporations who OWN our elected officials. Answer this. Why did Obama rescind the Smith Mundt Act?

Either our government runs and owns our MSM, OR the Corporations OWN our government. Read the repeal, and tell me of a government run organization that feeds us our news other than the MSM?

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

That is impossible, why would they lie to the peasants? I will never believe that and will trust everything that is said to me. PFFT screw due diligence, that’s for the weak minded.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

The media is the propaganda arm of the Corporations who OWN our elected officials. Answer this. Why did Obama rescind the Smith Mundt Act?

Either our government runs and owns our MSM, OR the Corporations OWN our government. Read the repeal, and tell me of a government run organization that feeds us our news other than the MSM?

Absolutely this is the case, and we have to face the reality that the propaganda arm are very good at what they do.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: seeker1963

Absolutely this is the case, and we have to face the reality that the propaganda arm are very good at what they do.

I think this is the first time you and I agreed on something! Happy to see we have something in common.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Well, the only fix for our corrupt media outlets is more media outlets.

The internet is slowly making that happen.

Until then, let them drive themselves out of business.

Seems like they are... In primetime last month, CNN lost to HGTV, Investigation Discovery, the History Channel, the Discovery Channel, and the Food Network.

Let them lie themselves into obscurity.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

He is innocent until proven guilty, unless he is a conservative.

the media has an agenda. It is to push the narrative that the ideology that they endorse be the only one allowed. Why else has there been such a massive push to ban/censor anyone that does not obey the MSM message?

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Makes a pleasant change.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Well, the only fix for our corrupt media outlets is more media outlets.

The internet is slowly making that happen.

Until then, let them drive themselves out of business.

Seems like they are... In primetime last month, CNN lost to HGTV, Investigation Discovery, the History Channel, the Discovery Channel, and the Food Network.

Let them lie themselves into obscurity.

Problem is the establishment is doing everything possible to drown out dissenting opinions against their agenda. Alex Jones was targeted and since then quite a few more folk with opinions opposing globalism have been banned. Before someone losing their snip because I brought up Jones? Don't care what you think of him, I hate Antifa as much as you hate Jones! But I want to hear what everyone has to say. I rely on my morality and critical thinking skills to decide whether or not I agree or disagree! Don't need a nanny/government/corporation to tell me how I NEED TO THINK? If I can't think for myself? I am a SLAVE! Hell, check out Lauren Southern and Stefan Molyneux and how they were treated in New Zealand.

We are witnessing Orwells 1984, where anyone who doesn't support "Newspeak" is banned and forbidden from society.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Hey thats capitalism They can do whatever they want with their money..

(post by blueman12 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I agree with you to a point.

I do think, like you, that Alex Jones should not have been silenced. Freedom of speech is there not to protect that which everyone agrees with, but that which is controversial. Silencing him just opens up the doors to silence the next most disagreeable, then the next, then the next... until all that is left is the speech everyone is OK with. Meaning whatever the left is OK with, to be honest.

THAT is an abuse of the platforms. Yes, Twitter and Facebook are private entities and can do what they want.

However, this also means that the platforms are using their market as a way to influence public opinion in political matters.

Where you and I disagree is I think there is going to be a big public backlash because of this.

I don't want Government's sticky hands all over this trying to fix it.

Trump was elected, essentially, because the average American wanted to give a big finger to the Establishment.

I don't think that Twitter and Facebook are going to get off the hook for what they are doing.

In their rush to abide by all things politically correct, they are going to lose Joe sixpack.

Who will start looking for an alternative.

Some smart man or woman will introduce either a "fair" platform, or conservative platforms will start appearing.

An opinion, as always.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16

As an American I am ashamed at the blatantly corrupt Lamestream media we have, they're only Parrots on the Payroll and deserve no respect.

So Fox News (the source cited) isn't mainstream?

Hmm .. someone is loving that look aid.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

So FOX news isn't part of the propaganda arm?????????

So they globalist all got together and decided to only take control of left wing media....

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
And the people said...Amen.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Well the U.S. is waking up a lot faster these days. It's still in the early days of waking up though. People are starting to see through the democrats leadership's agenda and they are deciding they don't like what they have to offer.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I agree with you to a point.

I do think, like you, that Alex Jones should not have been silenced. Freedom of speech is there not to protect that which everyone agrees with, but that which is controversial. Silencing him just opens up the doors to silence the next most disagreeable, then the next, then the next... until all that is left is the speech everyone is OK with. Meaning whatever the left is OK with, to be honest.

THAT is an abuse of the platforms. Yes, Twitter and Facebook are private entities and can do what they want.

However, this also means that the platforms are using their market as a way to influence public opinion in political matters.

Where you and I disagree is I think there is going to be a big public backlash because of this.

I don't want Government's sticky hands all over this trying to fix it.

Trump was elected, essentially, because the average American wanted to give a big finger to the Establishment.

I don't think that Twitter and Facebook are going to get off the hook for what they are doing.

In their rush to abide by all things politically correct, they are going to lose Joe sixpack.

Who will start looking for an alternative.

Some smart man or woman will introduce either a "fair" platform, or conservative platforms will start appearing.

An opinion, as always.

I don't think you and I disagree at all! I agree with your statement. A backlash is coming, and we are witnessing how those who are speaking out against everything being MANDATED as NEWSPEAK are getting silenced! The establishment promoting the New World Order, is scared.

One of the Rothchilde scumbags just came out very scared that "THEIR" New World Order is in danger! Do you find it odd that all of a sudden AFTER that these Corporations started throwing down the ban hammer?

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Really? You create a topic about dishonest mainstream media and use Fox News as your main source?

You sir, are an idiot. Playing into the mainstream left vs right political paradigm.

Glad to see you playing pretend. Thinking that your going against the media. All you're doing is playing the game. And in turn, being played. So.. enjoy your game fools and be sure to give plenty of stars.

wait.......Bwahahahahahahahah!!!! OK, now read the rest of the OP, and be sure to check back and let me know about idiots and such. Thanks much!

ETA:
This is the last paragraph. If you need help with the big words, holla!

It's my sincere wish that all the media as we know it today, goes bankrupt, and is replaced by some outlets that do nothing but present facts as they happen, and let the viewers decide how they feel. Until that happens, a good portion of the population will be ignorant of reality, and only know the version of the "truth" they are told by the assholes in the MSM.And no, the irony of posting something from Fox, isn't lost on me, they need to go as well. Same story, different book.

edit on 14-8-2018 by network dude because: added thought

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join