It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shaky UFO video taken at NC’s Lake Norman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
This is a very shaky video and it could just be a blimp but someones got to post it.

A video gaining traction on social media is suggesting a “huge” UFO was recently spotted over North Carolina’s Lake Norman, north of Charlotte. The footage, recorded May 29 by Jason Swing, shows a long slender object hovering for more than two minutes over the man-made lake. Swing calmly calls the object “a space craft” in his video. Read more here: www.charlotteobserver.com...=cpy

It is so shaky it is hard to tell what it is. I may give a shot at stabilizing it. If you pause the video you can see a craft that looks a lot like a blimp. All I can say for sure is it is not a bug or a bird.

EDIT: Here is a screen cap if you cannot watch the video.

edit on 14-8-2018 by LookingAtMars because: add pic

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Charlotte motor speed way blimp? Or we should see way more videos & pics! It was stationary....
edit on 14-8-2018 by TheJesuit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I think I just had a stroke..

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I saw this earlier on another website.
Ridiculous that this guy couldn’t hold the phone still for more than 1 second.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
The Parkinson's is strong with this one.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit
Charlotte motor speed way blimp? Or we should see way more videos & pics! It was stationary....

It wasn't stationary. You can tell, even in this skaky-ass video if you watch it in relation to the trees.
This is a blown up pic from the shaky video - not clear but it's just to show the shape which is the same of the Goodyear Blimp.

Because the GY blimp was there at the ColaCola600 race in Charlotte May 27-29.

And, if we had a better video we could probably see the similarities to these distant shots of the blimp:

Blimps still fooling people.... unless this guy KNEW what it was, he just wanted to be on the internet lol

edit on 3438x6734America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago8 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

My first thought was a blimp. That top pic you posted is from the video? It does have the same shape as the Goodyear blimp pic. Thanks for posting that.

edit on 14-8-2018 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Video stabilization is not for the weak of mind or heart.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
If that guy doesn't have Parkinson's, then he definitely has coc aine, crystal meth, or PCP in his system.

Seriously, I'm not even sure if I could shake a camera that much, if I was TRYING to shake it on purpose.

This footage is so ridiculous, it was actually supposed to be Taylor Swift's music video for "Shake it off" before they scrapped it.

I hear they're letting him direct and be the main camera operator for the next Blair Witch sequel.

Feel free to ignore any further UFO footage sent in from my whole state. 90% of them will be that guy. We have WAY too many of that guy here. It's probably like 20% of NC are people EXACTLY like him.

I doubt even Hynek wasted his time with NC.
edit on 14-8-2018 by Archivalist because: shaking in muh boots dey terk er jerbs

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Tip: use that sign post to steady your camera when taking video of a blimp.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Nascar schedule shows May 26th and 27th at Lowe's motor speedway, so knowing how long the events go on there it wouldn't shock me that it's the blimp. I see it from time to time when I'm headed uptown from the SW side of town. Living in the area was ready to come into the thread and say either a blimp or someone misidentifying aircraft on approach to Charlotte Douglas.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Tip: use that sign post to steady your camera when taking video of a blimp.

I spotted that too and thought the exact same thing, lol.

I'm with the others who think it was a blimp, it was my first thought.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
It was the Goodyear blimp. I live right down the road from Charlotte Motor Speedway. It was there all weekend.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: PokeyJoe

Thanks for the info Pokey.

top topics

join