It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Generational decline in testosterone levels observed

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
This could not be more obvious, even the frogs are turning gay!! No seriously, there is clearly something wrong with hormone levels in the US.

Healio

During the past two decades, testosterone levels in American men have rapidly declined.

The study was published in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism.

“The interesting thing we discovered was that, on average, when we measured the testosterone in the blood of a 60-year-old in 1989 it was higher than that in a different 60-year-old measured in 1995,” said Thomas Travison, PhD, of the New England Research Institutes, Watertown, Mass. “We observed the same phenomenon over a wide range of ages.”

The Massachusetts Male Aging Study was composed of randomly selected men (aged 45-79 years) living in the Boston area. The men were initially sampled between 1987 and 1989 (n=1,374). There were two follow-up periods: 1995 to 1997 (n=906) and 2002 to 2004 (n=489). There were 2,769 total observations from 1,532 men.

I have been noticing the latest trend in incredibly feminine clothing styles of younger men. Not only has their clothing style become more feminine but so has their personalities and participation in sports activity.

Decline in sports participation

Between skyrocketing costs, sport specialization and coaches needing training, youth sports is in the midst of a crisis, according to new data published Wednesday by the Sports & Fitness Industry Association and the Aspen Institute.

Athletic participation for kids ages 6 through 12 is down almost 8 percent over the last decade, according to SFIA and Aspen data, and children from low-income households are half as likely to play one day’s worth of team sports than children from households earning at least $100,000.

So not only is clothing and culture becoming for feminine dominate (I know some SJW's will claim that's a good thing until their door is getting kicked in by a more masculine dominate culture) but sports participation is on the decline as well as military enlistment. Although the military can be an entirely different topic altogether.

NHCBI Scientific Study

Results with both women and men showed that wielding power significantly increased testosterone regardless of how it was done, supporting H1, the stereotyped behavior pathway

One major reason for the decline in testosterone IMO is the increasingly feminine culture in the US and the repression of typical male roles in society. This is brought on by many factors. One is the dominant roll women in the modern world tend to play in relationships (not suggesting this is necessarily bad). This is also brought on by not allowing young men to fight at young ages and allowing them to workout problems in more masculine dominant ways. This is also due to social conditioning by Hollyweird and the media.

Not only has western culture lead us to a place where men are now becoming physically closer to being like women (ladies do you really want that?) but this has also lead to another problem in the western world.

Low T and reproduction/ sex drive

If you have low T, you may find that it stalls your sex drive. It can also contribute to erectile dysfunction, although there are other causes of ED.

This issue is leading to Population Decline .

Population is declining in select countries. Further examination reveals why the population of some countries are becoming smaller and smaller.

CONCLUSION:

My conclusion is that neither a feminine nor masculine dominant society is the right society. The right society is a society with balance where individual differences are respected. We need to find a balance and look within and figure out what it is that drives our culture.

At this point in evolution it is important that we begin to see the culture of a society as a technology and we begin to have the conversation of society and culture in a more mainstream and direct manner.

This is how we solve world problems.
edit on 14-8-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Aug 14 2018 by Jbird because: Title edit

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

One of the biggest causes is plastic being found in literally everything... many plastics break down and even fit into estrogen receptors in humans (BPA is a perfect example of this).

A few links if anyone is curious...

Plastic Fibers Are Found in 83% of the World's Tap Water, a New Study Reveals time.com...

Plastic is in everything now. Here are seven places it’s turned up lately

Most Plastic Products Release Estrogenic Chemicals: A Potential Health Problem That Can Be Solved

edit on 14-8-2018 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Ahhh yes, I didn't cover the food related aspects of this but I imagine that and the glyphosate are major contributor's as well.

(post by howtonhawky removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Yup, PC culture is having a massive net negative impact on society.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

im glad that you brought this up, i wanted to but couldn't because of the nature of it and the other thing was that i would have been shot in the head from members here because im a Muslim , testosterone is an important thing for men, the higher it is the natural behaviour as a man, estrogen on the other hand is harmful for men, take it or leave it

thanks for bring it up

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Great thread BTW.

I have to argue this PC bull crap all the time with my family. Mom and dad are always preaching it to others and it really pisses me off. And I am very vocal about it.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Ahhh yes, I didn't cover the food related aspects of this but I imagine that and the glyphosate are major contributor's as well.
BPA is definitely a real factor. Also a link to cancers, diabetes, and infertility.

Add in the many other chemicals and toxins. No way of knowing the many potential outcomes but they generally are not turning out positive for many individuals.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Me and the wife watch hgtv house hunters and the like and just about every show beside fixer upper we are shocked each time the male says tbis is my wife.

We are like no way that guy is straight, not that their is anything wrong with being gay or all gay males are feminie , but the guy is completely feminine.

Fixer upper is the only hgtv type show that doesnt have the femine male. I guess a while ago they got protested for it.
edit on 56831America/ChicagoTue, 14 Aug 2018 15:56:51 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Exogenous estrogens are literally sprayed all over your food, its in your ground water, theyre in bleached white receipts when shopping....endocrine disrupters, nerve agents, exogenous estrogens are used in such abundance in our modern world, its beyond our ability to understand just how far down the river we have floated.

Eat organic and drink spring water
edit on 14-8-2018 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I think it has more to do with food and contaminants in the food and water supply than anything else. I don't put much stock in fashion trends because frankly I don't think most men (other than Millennials) care about such things.

I haven't decided if it is a purposeful thing or not, but I can't help thinking that a bunch of soy boys would be much more easy for the Elite to control and manipulate.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Great thread BTW.

I have to argue this PC bull crap all the time with my family. Mom and dad are always preaching it to others and it really pisses me off. And I am very vocal about it.

thats when you know that you're on the right track, keep it on and fight for it

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
Seems to be right in line with wide spread pc culture and interracial relationships.

We were warned.

Interracial relationships? What the hell has that got to do with anything?

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

The conclusion of the researchers:

“This magnitude of change during such a short period is disquieting,” Bhasin wrote. “Although increasing adiposity and lifestyle factors that were recorded in the [Massachusetts Male Aging Study] could not account for the secular trends in testosterone level, it is possible that other lifestyle factors, such as increasing use of tight-fitting underwear, increasing room temperatures in American homes and offices during the past three decades, decreased physical activity with increased body mass indices and decreased smoking could have contributed to the declining testosterone levels in men.”

Personally, I think it's got a lot to do with increased obesity and decreased activity. I didn't know that smoking increased testosterone but smoking is way down so it's possible that some of the difference can be attributed to the earlier groups being compromised of more smokers.

As for fashion? Meh. I'm not a fan but have you seen how the fancy lads of the colonial era dressed?

I mean, stockings, powdered wigs and lace aplenty?

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth

BPA is definitely a real factor. Also a link to cancers, diabetes, and infertility.

Add in the many other chemicals and toxins. No way of knowing the many potential outcomes but they generally are not turning out positive for many individuals.

I shop at Aldi and they have BPA free water bottles that are cheaper than other stores. I always look for BPA free plastics and only drink water. Not that even our water is safe these days.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: howtonhawky
Seems to be right in line with wide spread pc culture and interracial relationships.

We were warned.

Interracial relationships? What the hell has that got to do with anything?

The degeneration of the american male...

It is one of those triggers.
edit on 14-8-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

One major reason for the decline in testosterone IMO is the increasingly feminine culture in the US and the repression of typical male roles in society.

Uh, no.........the major reason for the increasingly femminine culture in the US is because of 1) decline in testosterone levels and 2) the stigmatizing of male children in the public schools and 3) awesome high rates of obesity and 4) mental health problems associated with the cell phone/video gaming generations.

In Europe at this has been a problem for years and the result has been declines of birth rates below replacement levels. Its believed, although I can't find a recent study, that the cause of the low T rate in Europe is the increase of estrogen in the drinking water supply caused by female ingestion of birth control pills.

At this point in evolution it is important that we begin to see the culture of a society as a technology and we begin to have the conversation of society and culture in a more mainstream and direct manner.

I honestly don't know what you're on about there. The US doesn't have a societal culture, its made up of many different and often times competing cultures. You can't study the "culture of a society" when it doesn't have one. Yea, France has/had a culture of a society, i.e., they're French, its a culture in French society. The US doesn't have anything remotely resembling that and whatever it might have once had is being lost altogether with 50 years of open borders policy.

I think the question you might want to ask yourself is this, why in the world would you want to have a discussion to solve this problem? Look at the pictures you posted! Do those people represent a "culture" or society you want to be a part of? I doubt it. And finally, considering there's no apparent "fix" to the problem, whats to talk about? The problem will fix itself..............fewer people born year over year.

In conclusion? I wouldn't over think this one.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I think it has more to do with food and contaminants

exactly, raise estrogen for men and raise testosterone for women and booooom you got what you want

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

lol Excellent point regarding the male wardrobe of the 16th thru 18th centuries.

Im sticking with food, phamies etc...

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

One of the biggest causes is plastic being found in literally everything... many plastics break down and even fit into estrogen receptors in humans (BPA is a perfect example of this).

A few links if anyone is curious...

Plastic Fibers Are Found in 83% of the World's Tap Water, a New Study Reveals time.com...

Plastic is in everything now. Here are seven places it’s turned up lately

Most Plastic Products Release Estrogenic Chemicals: A Potential Health Problem That Can Be Solved

Totally agree, was about to say the same thing. Apart from the push by Hollywood and the fashion industry to feminise men and masculinise women, to the point of promoting the androgynous look, pharmaceuticals in the water may also be having a physical effect, e.g. The contraceptive pill.

As far as I can see, the big plan for depopulation is marching ahead from all directions. Most women though, rather like the strong macho types. Someone they feel could protect them if under attack. Well at least that is how I feel about men.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join