It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newsflash - Don't Be An Idiot!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Ummm...Dayum...who pissed in your happy meal...?

YouSir

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
How about when your the next in line in the drive thru and the person is arguing about how much it is and asks the person the scan their phone and it takes 10 minutes to get them gone I complained last time and got my meal free so I think the scanners will have to go inside soon

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I had an ex girlfriend that was the worst at the drive through. She was stupid smart, president and CEO of a pretty big non profit but when it came to the drive through (she drove because I had issues with my license) she sounded like idk a special needs sea lion.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Worked for an outfit named Rich Grant, heavy long-haul trucking. All straight up brand new KW (conventional, not ant-eater) tractors. Nice line up, probably 30 trucks. The owner collected and restored old KW trucks for parades.

I worked as a dispatcher, accountant and shop hand. We hauled McDonanald's french fries (not straight up Idaho potatoes). 25+ tons of the stuff at a time. Wrecked a brand new (4 day old) KW up in Jackson, Wyoming after hitting a moose. Killed the driver, and dumped 20 tons of McDonald's french fries in the Hoback River over a bridge. EPA got involved as did the DNR from WY, it was a disaster.

Hauled hundreds of tons of that stuff back in the day. (maybe thousands). McDonald's was very specific about those fries. They had to be a certain way, kept at a certain temperature and delivered in a certain thing. If you could'n't do it, you were out. McDonald's corp had no mercy! They had a specific system and you would follow it EXACTLY or you would not get your money.

They (McDonald's) were amazing in their process.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Never eaten at a McDonalds in my 58 years of life, and don’t ever plan to.. so you won’t have to deal with me being an idiot there!

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I don't live in a place that has any fast food, however I remember the day, and ALL that was applicable.

I would only add: If you are totally wrecked, and just barely able to function on a purely minimally human level, WRITE out your order and pass it to the cashier. Everyone will thank you. Maybe someone will even feel bad for you and step up and pay for it. Win!!

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Anyone who goes into a fast food place and has this many complaints is the problem.

I repeat : you are the problem, not the solution.

I would actually take extra time in line just to watch you huff n puff. Learn some patience.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Just admit you're angry because they asked you to leave the ball pit.

edit on 14-8-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

SOOoooooo...YOU'RE "that guy", huh??

I see!

edit on 8/15/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

DANG IT!!

You outted me!

Rats!

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I want a Big Mac minus the meat, lettuce, special sauce, cheese and pickles. And I want to pay more for it.

That will be $19.50 for onions on a sesame seed bun or would you like that on a plain bun for an extra $1.50?

Do you want fries and drink with that?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

TonyS, check out your private messages on here. Click on the letter icon in the upper right corner of the site.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Here's an idea for you. Type out your order on your phone and show it to the server. That way you can totally avoid any human contact. I'm sure the humans will appreciate it.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I had no idea it was all that exacting.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

I had no idea it was all that exacting.

Extra pickles is a bitch.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeedFanatic

Been trying that all a.m. and it is unresponsive.

I will keep trying.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Process Standardization was how they turned into the empire they did. (it wasn't great food that did it). They could duplicate the exact same product 1000 miles away in another city or even country.

People flocked to McDonald's because they knew it was going to taste exactly (and I mean EXACTLY) like the last one they ate at. If there was ever a "secret recipe" anywhere on Earth it was that, repeatable processes! (down to brutal detail too).

If you ever looked at a McDonald's (back in their hey days), they were all identical, even down to the appliance locations. They could train every single person at one location and they could work at any other location with zero retraining. Fryers were always on the left, grills just right of that, shakes were always on the right. Food was loaded into the coolers exactly the same way and all the the coolers were in the exact same orientation. The food deliveries all arrived at the exact same time, on the exact same day of the week at every McDonald's. The boxes and packages were all exactly the same color and the exact same size with the exact same content. Deliveries between distribution centers were all the exact same way. The cooking was all done exactly the same way...down to the second. The exact same ingredients and the exact same quantities were used on every item.

It was like human automation.

The precision was stunning actually.

Few people could ever imagine just how much really went into all of this. It was staggering. McDonald's serves as a standardization model in the food industry even today. They essentially wrote the book on the subect!

Who would have ever dreamed in a million years all that was going on behind the scenes while Ronald was busy on TV foiling the Hamburgaler and making kids laugh.

McDonald's is absolutely legend in this regard.

When I first started to write my white paper I had some inkling about some of it, but no idea of the scale. My most compelling motivation for picking them as the subject was i might get some free hamburgers out of the deal (seriously)!

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
They would spend tens of millions to launch a new product. The time, effort and money which went into "limited time offers" would floor most people, and make anyone wonder why they did it at all (and there are very good reasons). Why?

Because it all had to be...exactly the same.

Making one car exactly the same as another on a production line is one thing, but when you try doing this with something as subjective as food it's a WHOLE OTHER UNIVERSE!

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Hey, and here's a fun fact...

They actually had "Fry Counters". These people were paid to count frozen french fries all day. You see, there had to be so many fries of various sizes in each bag. This was a really serious matter too!

McDonald's didn't just buy potatoes and cut them up into fries. OH NO, there was a multimillion dollar process which led to those fries. The fries defined them and they knew it! It was their signature product. They had to be certain potatoes, cut a certain way, precooked a very specific way and then packed, shipped and temperature controlled...all the exact same way.

Then they would arrive by refrigerated freight at distribution centers where 'Fry Counters' would dump out random bags of frozen fries on these huge stainless steel tables, then count and grade every single french fry!

Fries were big money to McDonald's and they took their fries very seriously!

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Drive thrus are terrible theres always that person who takes 5 minutes to order.

GIVE ME ALL THE APPLE PIES B****!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join