It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Unexplained Files-Mysteries at 30,000 feet." Pilot-ufo encounters.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Just came across a program ( an episode) I missed on the Science Channel called "Unexplained Files." Excellent series of shows on any number of ufo related topics. I somehow missed this particular episode which deals with Pilot-ufo encounters, and in this case that are unexplained. The first encounter happened back in 2002 and was a pilot who left an airport in southern Alabama, took off at night, and he was a very, very experienced Pilot. The last transmission heard from the Pilot, the Pilot became very emotional and said, " I need to deviate, I need to deviate." Those were the last words ever heard. The remains of the plane were examined thoroughly by the National Transportation Safety Board. Whatever the Pilot ran into sheared his engine in HALF! There was also a strange red residue in many sports of the plane wreckage. The NTSB was unable to identify what this red residue was.......a first.

The final report came back and stated the Pilot had a collision with an unknown object, but later on following more investigations, the final report released by the NTSB was CHANGED to state cause of the accident was "Pilot error." The sister of the Pilot would not accept this decision and said in her opinion it indicated a cover up. Absolutely it did.

The second subject was the infamous Japan Air Lines encounter with 2 small ufo's and some type of mothership over Anchorage skies back in 1986. There is a man interviewed who used to work for the FAA at the time of this sighting and he said they were told this "incident never happened, and no one saw anything!!"

The third subject was the also infamous Chicago O' Hare ufo sighting from 2006, that was seen by many many people at O'Hare , and that the FAA originally denied they had ANY info on this sighting, but thanks to a Freedom of Information request and the Chicago Tribune, the FAA then had an internal investigation of air traffic communication, to comply with the Chicago Tribune request, and their final conclusion was that the incident was caused by a "weather phenomenan", and they would investigate no further, which was pretty stunning considering how many people saw the ufo hovering. Again, cover ups.

Bottom line there have been many many incidents all over the world that have happened that have been covered up.....

Note, you may have to sign in your cable/internet carrier to view this particular episode, so a heads up.

source
edit on 14pm31pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

Yeah I used to watch these. Thanks for the reminder I’m gonna go looking up some other episodes.

Here is an alternative source for the OP that doesn’t require any signing in or anything.

SOURCE

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
O'Hare some people were told that there's no sense in screwing up your retirement. A friend that was on the roof of a building won't talk about it.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

that's a damn shame!

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091
Just came across a program ( an episode) I missed on the Science Channel called "Unexplained Files." Excellent series of shows on any number of ufo related topics. I somehow missed this particular episode which deals with Pilot-ufo encounters, and in this case that are unexplained. The first encounter happened back in 2002 and was a pilot who left an airport in southern Alabama, took off at night, and he was a very, very experienced Pilot. The last transmission heard from the Pilot, the Pilot became very emotional and said, " I need to deviate, I need to deviate." Those were the last words ever heard. The remains of the plane were examined thoroughly by the National Transportation Safety Board. Whatever the Pilot ran into sheared his engine in HALF! There was also a strange red residue in many sports of the plane wreckage. The NTSB was unable to identify what this red residue was.......a first.

The final report came back and stated the Pilot had a collision with an unknown object, but later on following more investigations, the final report released by the NTSB was CHANGED to state cause of the accident was "Pilot error." The sister of the Pilot would not accept this decision and said in her opinion it indicated a cover up. Absolutely it did.

The second subject was the infamous Japan Air Lines encounter with 2 small ufo's and some type of mothership over Anchorage skies back in 1986. There is a man interviewed who used to work for the FAA at the time of this sighting and he said they were told this "incident never happened, and no one saw anything!!"

The third subject was the also infamous Chicago O' Hare ufo sighting from 2006, that was seen by many many people at O'Hare , and that the FAA originally denied they had ANY info on this sighting, but thanks to a Freedom of Information request and the Chicago Tribune, the FAA then had an internal investigation of air traffic communication, to comply with the Chicago Tribune request, and their final conclusion was that the incident was caused by a "weather phenomenan", and they would investigate no further, which was pretty stunning considering how many people saw the ufo hovering. Again, cover ups.

Bottom line there have been many many incidents all over the world that have happened that have been covered up.....

Note, you may have to sign in your cable/internet carrier to view this particular episode, so a heads up.

source

You sir have made a wonderful thread!! Star and Flag for you my friend

TJ

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: data5091

One thing that I found strange was that in the first incident the plane that crashed had red markings in areas where it appeared the object crashed into it. Now the thing is when the investigator submitted 34 samples of the markings to be analyzed, 20 of the 34 came back as partially identified but yet the show doesn’t tell us what the partial identifications were.

That right there tells me that the show was possibly being biased.

That being said I don’t see how any airplane could have collided with that airplane that violently and not have gone down too.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

consider that in your words part of the residue was explained, but not stated, I would consider this a possibility that the explanation would not sit well with the NTSB, and that they would have NO INTEREST in releasing this info to the general public for what its worth. Just a thought to dwell on.......

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Here is an interesting article by the Washington Post concerning the 2002 crash and the red markings on the wreckage.

NTSB Solves Riddle of Small Plane Crash in '02

By Sara Kehaulani Goo
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The federal government said yesterday that it has solved the three-year-old mystery of a small plane crash in Alabama that, at least initially, appeared to have been the result of an in-flight collision with an unexplained object.

The nighttime crash in October 2002 of the single-engine Cessna cargo plane killed the pilot, the plane's only occupant, and launched UFO and government-conspiracy theories on Web sites, pondering what it might have collided with. Red scuff marks were found on pieces of the wreckage after it was pulled from a swamp.

Some pilots theorized that the Cessna was struck by a stray unmanned drone, many of which are painted red or orange, that are flown by the military at a nearby Air Force base. The investigation so frustrated the dead pilot's sister that she spent weeks combing Big Bateau Bay for clues.

After taking the unusual step of moving the aircraft to Washington and sending the red paint marks to four laboratories for testing, the National Transportation Safety Board concluded that the pilot became disoriented while flying through cloud layers and crashed the plane probably after seeing a large plane coming near him.

Tests from the labs, one at the FBI, found that most of the red-marked pieces were similar to materials inside the cargo plane, including baseball caps, audiotape packaging, a fire extinguisher, a tow bar and a Priority Mail envelope. The Wright Patterson Air Force Laboratory said that red color on the wreckage did not match the polyurethane coating on the exterior of the drone it used from Eglin Air Force Base.

"Wreckage examinations . . . revealed no evidence of an in-flight collision or breakup, or of external contact by a foreign object," the NTSB's report said. The red scuff marks on the wreckage did not appear in a pattern that suggested a collision, the report said.

The safety board's simulation of the accident revealed that the pilot, Thomas J. Preziose, was flying between cloud layers when he was notified of a FedEx DC-10 flying in the area. Even though the DC-10 was 2,400 feet higher and more than a mile away, it probably appeared much closer to the pilot, the report indicated. The pilot's "view of the DC-10 moved diagonally across the windscreen from his left to straight in front of the Cessna while [appearing to triple] in size" in just seconds, the report said.

If a pilot is distracted and does not have a view of the horizon, as in this case, it is easy to become disoriented, said John Clark, head of NTSB's Office of Aviation Safety. "It's quite insidious if you're between layers of clouds; you can get screwed up," he said. "If you start moving your head or moving up and down, you can screw up your inner balance."

Still, a lawyer who said he represents two sons of the pilot, said he does not believe the safety board's conclusion and that he plans to press ahead in federal court with a lawsuit that blames the weather, air traffic control and other factors. "I don't think the board's got it straight," Tony B. Jobe said. "The plot is thickening."

Source

Appears to be resolved but the family doesn't think so.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Interesting side story.

Once when I was flying from Utah back to texas, in the middle of nowhere, at cruising altitude, I saw probably 100 foot past the wing , what I thought was a balloon at first.

I tapped the man next to me to look, he described back to me what he saw as well. we both saw the same thing.

An inexplicable perfectly round metallic ball, no seems no nothing, it just looked like a giant ballbearing hovering in the sky, maybe, 10ft in radius.

We passed it, shrugged our shoulders and shook our heads.

I still to this day dont know what it was, but now and then i think about it when i hear about sightings.

There are an innumerable amount of unexplained things above us i believe

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: eManym

Not buying it here either. First conclusion again, was Pilot collides with unknown object. Second conclusion suddenly changes to Pilot error after NTSB is unable to conclude what red residue was. Cover up complete.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

that is a VERY interesting sighting. There have been quite a few posts I have noted in ATS fairly recently of people seeing flying ball bearings.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I vaguely remember that episode. I think that in the first case where there was red residue on the plane, I seem to recall that they also showed what were apparently targeting drones sent out over the ocean which were apparently a very similar if not exact red color. I would have to go back and look at that episode.

But I could see some kind of quick coverup and payoff happening if the poor guy happened to get in the way of a fast-moving drone testing classified weapons or something. One in a billion shot.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

per checking with military in the area, per the program, there was no military action or exercises taking place in this area of Alabama.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

per checking with military in the area, per the program, there was no military action or exercises taking place in this area of Alabama.

According to whom? The military?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

yep. Per the episode they interviewed a spokesman for the nearest AFB in that area, and he said there was nothing going on at the time of the incident.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: eManym

This was mentioned in the video. The thing is, if you watched the video you would know that the original investigator for the NTSB (which is the reporting agency you cited) was removed from the case after he concluded that the airplane was hit by an unknown object mid flight.

How can they conclude that there was no mid flight collision when there is red scuff marks all where most of the damage is at? (Ever seen where say a red car scraped up against a white car? They trade paint) What about the pilots body being found a half mile away from the wreckage? Or the fact that the wreckage was scattered just the same as if it would have been if there was a mid air collision instead of mainly being all together in the same area? These allnpoint to a mid air collision.

So no, it doesn’t appear to be resolved and apparently more than just the family thinks so.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

well said.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I vaguely remember that episode. I think that in the first case where there was red residue on the plane, I seem to recall that they also showed what were apparently targeting drones sent out over the ocean which were apparently a very similar if not exact red color. I would have to go back and look at that episode.

But I could see some kind of quick coverup and payoff happening if the poor guy happened to get in the way of a fast-moving drone testing classified weapons or something. One in a billion shot.

Yup good reason for them to cover it up. It would have been an easy win for the pilot’s family. It saved the government millions of dollars and undoubtedly many high ranking jobs to cover it up.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

According to whom? The military?

Exactly.

Obviously they are the only ones that could cover it up and it also appears they have a motive! RED drones. Probably flying them around without lights for whatever friggin experimental reasons.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

yep. Per the episode they interviewed a spokesman for the nearest AFB in that area, and he said there was nothing going on at the time of the incident.

I guess you either believe them or not. It's not like they have anything to hide other than top secret projects and anything possibly related to them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join