It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chelsea Clinton Claims Aborting 60 Million Babies Since Roe Added $3.5 Trillion to Our Economy

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: xuenchen

Clutching at pearls because your favorite American family said something you don't approve of again Xuen?

There ya go again.

Attack me instead of the story.

🤭👐

Making Saul Great Again.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Saved us all kinds of things... Lowered crime rate, opened up jobs by not having to find more jobs for 60 million while putting a lot of people to work in doing the abortions.

3.5 trillion...lets go to 120 million and double it, hell lets shoot for 240 million and we can start to see a way to pay off the deficit for us that actually survived birth!!

Once those sex dolls catch on, it will put the abortion clinics out of business.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

“It is not a disconnected fact … that American women entering the labor force from 1973 to 2009 added three and a half trillion dollars to our economy. Right?”

If that is in fact true I'd like to ask Ms Clinton who was the primary beneficiaries of that wealth growth?

Clearly not most Americans

piie.com...

So sure keep aborting your fetal tissue and allow your self to become a corporate slave instead.
edit on 14-8-2018 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-8-2018 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Once those sex dolls catch on, it will put the abortion clinics out of business.

Well that and when we can turn off reproduction systems so having kids becomes a privilege that you will need to apply for, in the mean time thank God for abortions to keep the undesirable numbers down until we can actually stop them from breeding no matter how much they screw...

edit on 14-8-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
That is a very juvenile post, and are you seriously suggesting that tens of millions of women going to work instead of being housewives didn't have any effect on the economy?! I'm sure Chelsea knows a lot more about it than right wingers who don't even believe in facts or analysis.

No, it's a post that exposes the LEFT's juvenile stupidity - read what I posted, again and slower .

But I see you and Chelsea are two bird brains of a feather, with your unsourced, illogical :
"The real truth is without abortion America would be a massive hellhole with criminals and poor people everywhere. The entire country would be like Detroit" Detroit became the hellhole it is today AFTER Roe v. Wade, but the decline had nothing to do with it. Before Roe, the entire US was not a hellhole.Read a book sometime....

I previously posted the following:

"" Women entering the workface in the late 60s and early 70s was part of a wide series of social changes, including Roe vs. Wade, but not caused by it. Women also became airline pilots. And continued being MOTHERS. By that abortion "logic" then, if abortions stopped, women would no longer be able to work ? Do you even SEE the stupidity of your argument ?"

Dumb Chelsea, who NEVER managed to keep a job anywhere, pulled numbers out of the air, and tied those to abortion, with no sources, or even logic

Lefties will believe anything...

edit on 15-8-2018 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Well that and when we can turn off reproduction systems so having kids becomes a privilege that you will need to apply for, in the mean time thank God for abortions to keep the undesirable numbers down until we can actually stop them from breeding no matter how much they screw...

God is doing fine without you thinking out things for him. You think is he is stupid?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
She's right, although I'm not the biggest fan of letting women make all their own choices.

The real truth is without abortion America would be a massive hellhole with criminals and poor people everywhere. The entire country would be like Detroit, which Republicans like apparently.

Wow and it has stars.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Do people even know why planned parent hood was started?

It would have been a disaster letting people produce

It should be called avoiding parent hood....
I had umportected sex and now need to get rid of this thing before it becomes a human.

Seems completely irresponsible

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

"" Women entering the workface in the late 60s and early 70s was part of a wide series of social changes, including Roe vs. Wade, but not caused by it. Women also became airline pilots. And continued being MOTHERS. By that abortion "logic" then, if abortions stopped, women would no longer be able to work ? Do you even SEE the stupidity of your argument ?"

First of all, the conversation isn't about how many women entered the work force and added to economy in the '60s and '70s, we're talking about the total number of women entering the work force since the late '60s/'70s to now, and how that had benefited the economy in general.

Secondly, cause and effect are 2 different, but related things. Nobody has claimed that the national legalization of abortion caused women to pursue careers and join the work force. Contraception and abortion have allowed women to the pursue autonomy, equality and the financial freedom that they already desired and had been fighting for since Women's Suffrage.

Thirdly, abortion isn't going to "stop". Abortion has been around since before Moses! The reason Roe V Wade happened was because of a public health outcry. Women were dying from unsafe and dirty at the hands of back alley abortion dealers of questionable medical status. If legal abortions "stop", women will die.

While you inanely attack Chelsea Clinton for her presentation, yours is nothing more than ignorant and shame laced misogynous attack rhetoric.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

So you really are in favor of using lies and extreme exaggerations and hyperbole to undermine a Supreme Court Nominee.

You're not alone.

We will be hearing many more in the coming weeks.

💥Sun😃Exposure💥

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

No, I haven't gone over to the "dark side", your side, yet.

I don't see how Chelsea's argument has anything to with Spurpeme Court nominees.

edit on 15-8-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

No, I haven't gone over to the "dark side", your side, yet.

I don't see how Chelsea's argument has anything to with Spurpeme Court nominees.

Other than when she herself referred to the current Supreme Court Nominee right?

💥😃💥

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Makes sense from that point of view. Not to mention the kids who's mothers aren't on welfare.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Oh. Didn't listen. Don't care.

All I was addressing was the assertion that the economy has strengthened, due to more women being able to enter the work force since Roe V Wade, which was proceeded by two land mark SCOTUS decisions allowing married women, then single women to access contraception without a husband or father's permission.

That's it. I'm not argueing statistics or how Kavanaugh's appointment will effect women in the workplace or the economy.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

First of all, the conversation isn't about how many women entered the work force and added to economy in the '60s and '70s, we're talking about the total number of women entering the work force since the late '60s/'70s to now, and how that had benefited the economy in general.

Secondly, cause and effect are 2 different, but related things. Nobody has claimed that the national legalization of abortion caused women to pursue careers and join the work force. Contraception and abortion have allowed women to the pursue autonomy, equality and the financial freedom that they already desired and had been fighting for since Women's Suffrage.

Thirdly, abortion isn't going to "stop". Abortion has been around since before Moses! The reason Roe V Wade happened was because of a public health outcry. Women were dying from unsafe and dirty at the hands of back alley abortion dealers of questionable medical status. If legal abortions "stop", women will die.

While you inanely attack Chelsea Clinton for her presentation, yours is nothing more than ignorant and shame laced misogynous attack rhetoric.

Not looking to stop abortion, personally; I do think its abhorrent on principle, but hey , go ahead, Darwin at work.

With respect to your other "winner" comment:
"Nobody has claimed that the national legalization of abortion caused women to pursue careers and join the work force." THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT CHELSEA IS CLAIMING, TO THE TUNE OF CREATING $3.2 TRILLION IN ACTIVITY

Hello !!
Reading comprehension issue or Protect Hillary/Chelsea syndrome.

Who's INANE ? Check a MIRROR !!!

Q.E.D.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

"Nobody has claimed that the national legalization of abortion caused women to pursue careers and join the work force." THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT CHELSEA IS CLAIMING, TO THE TUNE OF CREATING $3.2 TRILLION IN ACTIVITY

No she isn't. She is tying the advent of Roe V Wade with women's economic success, certainly. How could anyone argue otherwise? Oh yeah, you are! LOL

But the ability to get an abortion is not identified as a cause of women's economic success, but an aid that assists their autonomous will. It's women's drive that is the cause. Reproductive freedom, education and equal rights are also beneficial issues assisting women in the work force.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

No she isn't. She is tying the advent of Roe V Wade with women's economic success, certainly. How could anyone argue otherwise? Oh yeah, you are! LOL

But the ability to get an abortion is not identified as a cause of women's economic success, but an aid that assists their autonomous will. It's women's drive that is the cause. Reproductive freedom, education and equal rights are also beneficial issues assisting women in the work force.

Did you even READ the article ?

Direct quote :
"Clinton claimed the infamous U.S. Supreme Court case Roe v. Wade was a good thing, not only because it gave women the “dignity to make our own choices,” but also because it led to a $3.5 trillion boost to America’s economy.

“It is not a disconnected fact … that American women entering the labor force from 1973 to 2009 added three and a half trillion dollars to our economy. Right?” "

Reading comprehension issues ?
Chelsea claimed women entering the work force and creating a $3.5 Trillion boost to the economy "is not a disconnected fact" to Roe v. Wade.

"Not a disconnected fact" MEANS "Connected fact".

Can't you understand simple text ?

Chelsea falsely links abortion to women in the workforce. In her pea brain, no abortion= no women in the work force.
False.
Totally.

In 2017, 71 % of women in the workforce are MOTHERS.

Over 70% of women today ( and even more in the 1970s) HAVE NEVER HAD AN ABORTION AND ENTERED THE WORKFORCE ANYWAY.

I know.
Math is hard.....

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

"Clinton claimed the infamous U.S. Supreme Court case Roe v. Wade was a good thing, not only because it gave women the “dignity to make our own choices,” but also because it led to a $3.5 trillion boost to America’s economy.

“It is not a disconnected fact … that American women entering the labor force from 1973 to 2009 added three and a half trillion dollars to our economy. Right?” "

I don't have a problem with those statements. Do you have a problem with those statements? Why do you think that reproductive freedom didn't have anything to do with women being able to enter the work force and add trillions of dollars to the economy?

The only thing I would add to Clinton's statements is the previous SCOTUS rulings allowing women access to contraception.

I can't argue that women's access to contraception and abortion directly contributed to the economy. But, I would also add that it was women's will, through suffrage, that first paved the inevitable path to women claiming their freedom from from unwanted pregnancies, that allowed the economy to explode because of women suddenly being able to enter in the work force.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I don't have a problem with those statements. Do you have a problem with those statements? Why do you think that reproductive freedom didn't have anything to do with women being able to enter the work force and add trillions of dollars to the economy?

The only thing I would add to Clinton's statements is the previous SCOTUS rulings allowing women access to contraception.

I can't argue that women's access to contraception and abortion directly contributed to the economy. But, I would also add that it was women's will, through suffrage, that first paved the inevitable path to women claiming their freedom from from unwanted pregnancies, that allowed the economy to explode because of women suddenly being able to enter in the work force.

Chelsea's statement is FALSE.
Abortion has nothing to do with women entering the workforce.
Chelsea provided ZERO sources.

Just stop and think, for a moment.
Think.

I will repeat what I said above. Chelsea falsely links abortion to women in the workforce. In her pea brain, no abortion= no women in the work force.
False.
Totally.

In 2017, 71 % of women in the workforce are MOTHERS. Nothing to do with abortion.

Over 70% of women today ( and even more in the 1970s) HAVE NEVER HAD AN ABORTION AND ENTERED THE WORKFORCE ANYWAY.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

Chelsea's statement is FALSE.
Abortion has nothing to do with women entering the workforce.
Chelsea provided ZERO sources.

Just stop and think, for a moment.
Think.

I will repeat what I said above. Chelsea falsely links abortion to women in the workforce. In her pea brain, no abortion= no women in the work force.
False.
Totally.

BS

I'm 72. I know what it was like before the pill, and before legal abortion.

Both gave women freedom of independence.

Women needed that freedom first -- because the fight for equality and better jobs came next.

I know. I actually lived it.

BTW -- provide links to your statistics.

edit on 15-8-2018 by Annee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join