It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strzok go fund me raises over $250000 already

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

www.dontmesswithtaxes.com...

"everyone's situation is different" .

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: Lab4Us

lol, I did not apparently.

GoFundMe is a red flag.

So are 'tell-all' books...like Comey wrote, for example.

No one is tracking who is buying the books...there could be a landfill full of Comey books somewhere...or Kindle versions that never get read or even downloaded.

Something is up with all the money-making.

Been thinking that for a long time! They all seem to write books and make millions doing so. My thought on this is a brilliant money laundering scam thru purchasing books for a "job well done". Untraceable.

Be a hoot if that theory is correct and someone from a publishing company comes forward? Hmmmmm, I wonder if there is a certain publisher that caters to this?

I looked into that. Simon & Schuster comes up fairly often but there isn't a single publisher that stands out. I don't even think a publisher would have to be 'in on it,' considering all these books get oodles of free publicity in the media for days and weeks (another red flag), and they always end up on the bestsellers list.

If a publisher is approached by an agent for someone like Comey or Omarosa...they are going to sign on. The 'necessary' narrative gets published and everyone makes a lot money. Everyone is a winner except the public.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

www.dontmesswithtaxes.com...

"everyone's situation is different" .

Ah, I found this that explains what happened to that person:

IRS GoFundMe Requirements
Crowdfunding sites, like GoFundMe, are legally required to file a Form 1099 with the IRS for campaigns that receive over $20,000 in donations or over 200 donations. This requirement has caused some confusion among individuals who start a GoFundMe account and receive donations over the $20,000 limit and even at the IRS.

Why the confusion? For most people, a 1099 indicates taxable income that needs to be reported on their tax return. However, as mentioned above, donation-based crowdfunding is not taxable. While you should report crowdfunding on your tax return, this does not automatically make it taxable.

Filing Form 1099 for IRS GoFundMe Donations
To eliminate some of the confusion, you should record the 1099 income on your tax return as other income. Then, on another other income line, report an offsetting reduction for the same amount. You can also add a short explanation of the reason why it is being considered nontaxable.

If you fail to correctly file your crowdfunding donations, you might experience other problems later on. Recently, the IRS sent a cancer survivor a tax notice for $19,000 related to back taxes and interest after she received a 1099 for proceeds on her GoFundMe account. The IRS claims that her proceeds should have been claimed as income.

Basically, the IRS received a copy of the 1099 showing proceeds and tried to match it up to her tax return, but she didn’t record the income on her return. Without her recording the income the way we have suggested, the IRS has no way to know that the proceeds should not be taxable.

Trying to sort this out with the IRS after the tax return has been filed can create a lot of headaches and frustration.

Link

So, that woman will likely not have to pay the tax bill. She was just supposed to have filed a record of the proceeds via a 1099 and without it, the IRS has nothing on record that shows it's not taxable income.

She's just having to sort it all out after-the-fact.

edit on 8/14/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

she may not have to pay tha taxes but those fees and such can add up if they decide to pursue them.

All they would have to say is that she filed incorrectly and that caused them monies to set her straight.

Sounds like something they would do.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Well although I would not send donations to the pizza shop or bakery, that is far different

However, donations to Manafort or Roger stone from right wis Myers is a good comparison and equally dumb

As for your assertion strzok got a raw deal, that is laughable

Had any trump supporting agent said the things about Hillary supporters that strzok did about trump supporters, they would have had there life ruined months ago for being a woman hating racist bigot

And that doesn’t even scratch the surface of criminal acts he may have engaged in

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
All of you do realize that these donations were made to protest Trump. Very simple. The hate at the FBI is real.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Had any trump supporting agent said the things about Hillary supporters that strzok did about trump supporters, they would have had there life ruined months ago for being a woman hating racist bigot

What do you or I know about what any Trump supporting agent has said about Hillary supporters in private conversations with their lovers? We don't. And frankly, it doesn't really matter to me. I'm 100% positive that with tens of thousands of agents in the FBI, that many thousands of them are Trump supporters. Particularly given that law enforcement, including the FBI, has always skewed Right.

I'm also equally positive that many of them have said disparaging things about people just like me in private conversations. Aren't you? Maybe we should dump the entire database of FBI and DOJ recorded texts and emails into the public domain and pick through them? I'm not that pressed about it. As long as they don't do anything unethical or illegal because of their political opinions, I don't care. I just assume that most people have political opinions, some of them quite strong, but can nonetheless do their jobs.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

she may not have to pay tha taxes but those fees and such can add up if they decide to pursue them.

All they would have to say is that she filed incorrectly and that caused them monies to set her straight.

But my point is that if Strozk files the requisite Form 1099 with his income taxes, he won't have to pay any taxes on the proceeds. The donors pay the taxes on the money as it is/was part of their income. The IRS won't tax it twice (once through the donors income tax and a second time on Strozk's end). The money they donate is considered a gift.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Maybe we should dump the entire database of FBI and DOJ recorded texts and emails into the public domain and pick through them?

It would not be enough.

They would then cry for the personal phones and emails too.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: howtonhawky

But my point is that if Strozk files the requisite Form 1099 with his income taxes, he won't have to pay any taxes on the proceeds. The donors pay the taxes on the money as it is/was part of their income. The IRS won't tax it twice (once through the donors income tax and a second time on Strozk's end). The money they donate is considered a gift.

Yes absolutely a great point.

I should have said that.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Hahaha!

Ok fine

I am sure that when details emerge of trump or one of his people saying insensitive things, you will just say that it is fine, people on the other side probably say things like that as well

I agree with you in that

But that doesn’t mean I will say they got a raw deal if people are upset

And yes, strzok did act in a bad manner, as the IG report into the Hillary investigation already showed

And we haven’t even had the report yet in his behavior on the Russia investigation

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Yeah I don't know what the purpose of this GoFundMe is other than this just seems to be a thing people do whenever somebody is at the center of a political controversy and loses their livelihood.

Is it more or less pathetic than the countless other similar examples? (baker who wouldn't serve gays, pizza shop that wouldn't serve gays, restaurant that kicked out Sarah Huckabee Sanders, etc)

Hell Manafort had fundraisers and sent out fundraising emails.

I think Strzok got a raw a deal but he was also dumb to use a work device to express political opinions. He's not getting any money from me.

Maybe, but it's unlikely.

The simplest explanation is that Strzok is simply an a$$hole, and an unrepentant one at that. In the unlikely event that I'm mistaken, I'd welcome ANY evidence to the contrary, in the unlikely event that it exists.

You really, and honestly, in your heart of hearts, believe, even after watching him in televised hearings, and I assume you saw the same footage that we did, that there is even the TINIEST chance that this person is NOT a complete piece of excrement, right?

Is that what you really want us to believe that YOU believe?

Look, you can sprinkle all the gold glitter you want on a turd, but at the end of the day, it's just a turd with gold glitter sprinkled on it.

edit on 14-8-2018 by MteWamp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I am sure that when details emerge of trump or one of his people saying insensitive things, you will just say that it is fine, people on the other side probably say things like that as well

It's not that I think that it's fine it's just that I know that it's happening anyway. The part that bothers me about the texts honestly is that Lisa Page wasn't just his lover but also a colleague. It might seem at first blush a minor point, but it's all about creating an environment. It's like the difference between somebody who has racial prejudices opining to a spouse that minorities are intrinsically given to criminality and the same person emailing co-workers jokes about lynching.

In that regard, I think that it was fair for Strzok to be reprimanded and punished by the bureau accordingly. Without looking, I believe the IG recommendation was a 60-day suspension and a demotion which is apparently in line with what would happen in any other similar situation.

Firing him because of political pressure and wild-eyed conspiracy theory which wasn't substantiated by an intensive investigation seems like grounds for a lawsuit.

And we haven’t even had the report yet in his behavior on the Russia investigation

I wouldn't agree that the IG report showed him doing anything wrong in terms of his handling of the Clinton email investigation. There was the bit about whether or not he slow walked examining the contents of laptop but I think there's arguments to be made about that either way.

Speaking of which, I'm looking forward to the IG report about leaks because I believe that the behavior of agents in the FBI's NY office pertaining to the email investigation had demonstrable negative consequences.

I obviously don't believe the IG is going to turn up anything like many Trump supporters are hoping will be found in regards to counterintelligence investigation. If that turns out that Strzok acted improperly in that case, then that will of course change my opinion of his firing.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I find you to be a very reasonable person, so I believe that you, like me do not take his comments about stupid smelly trump voters to heart

However, we both know had he said that about obama voters or maybe even Hillary’s, he would have been called a racist by many of the very people defending him

You are referencing the internal fbis IG when you mention they recommended suspending him

The actual IG report said that strzok may have acted with bias when prioritizing the Russia of investigation of the Hillary one, and said that strzok a behavior was anthetical to the mission of the fbi, and at the very least have the impression of improper bias, and also showed a willingness to break policy to favor that bias

I too look forward to the report on the Russia investigation

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The left is making heroes out of people with very questionable character.
After his sneering at Congress the other half of America wanted to wipe the smirk off his face.
edit on 14-8-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

What's tragic is that Peter Strzok's GoFundMe raised as much money in 1 day, as the reward fund for the missing Iowa teenager (Mollie Tibbitts) has raised in 2 weeks!

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

6,000 "Haitians" will not be eating for the next 20 years.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join