It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strzok go fund me raises over $250000 already

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: notquiteright

Bitcoin would be easier and less of a trail.

So perhaps just because stroke said some dumb crap that does not negate peoples feelings about improper firings and trump.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

So perhaps just because stroke said some dumb crap that does not negate peoples feelings about improper firings and trump.

Actually bit coin is easy to track. All bitcoins have a number and you can literally track every single transaction from it

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
This is basically voting with your money. A liberal cause, a conservative cause, doesn't matter. And people are actually paying to do so. It's a self feeding machine.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Then it makes welfare programs superfluous.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Yes and no. There's no names attached to wallet addresses, you can generate new ones at will and there's tumblers that you can use to anonymize transactions.
edit on 2018-8-14 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
What Strzok did violated FBI rules. He was releasing information he was not supposed to release which violated the confidentiality rules and also he violated plain old rules of conduct required by the agency. He got fired. Maybe he did not do anything deemed directly illegal but he did violate rules of the job. I am thinking that when citizens start to back people who do things bad for our intelligent agencies these people should be investigated to see where they are coming up with the money to donate. Make sure that if they claim this as a deduction on their taxes, they get slammed with fines. Giving money to Strzok is not tax deductible.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: six67seven
Either way you slice it, this doesn't pass the smell test.

These corrupt people know the best ways to circumvent traditional avenues to get what they want - whether that be money, position or God knows what. In this case it is money.

This weasel is not dirty, he is filthy. This GoFundMe account only solidifies his filthiness. I can smell him from here!

How does this reflect on him if he had nothing to do with the gofundme aspect?

Riiiiiiiight, he had NOTHING to do with it...
Birds of a feather....

McCabe GoFundMe - very involved with the effort

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I wonder if his wife is keeping track of all this money coming in.

She should have a good case for a divorce with all the news coverage.

A few more days and it might be worth while.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Yeah I don't know what the purpose of this GoFundMe is other than this just seems to be a thing people do whenever somebody is at the center of a political controversy and loses their livelihood.

Is it more or less pathetic than the countless other similar examples? (baker who wouldn't serve gays, pizza shop that wouldn't serve gays, restaurant that kicked out Sarah Huckabee Sanders, etc)

Hell Manafort had fundraisers and sent out fundraising emails.

I think Strzok got a raw a deal but he was also dumb to use a work device to express political opinions. He's not getting any money from me.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: howtonhawky

Actually bit coin is easy to track. All bitcoins have a number and you can literally track every single transaction from it

yea and no

True that the original bitcoin is traceable in some cases but there are new zero anonymity coins that are untraceable. zen

srry for using bitcoin as slang for all coins

Several digital currencies exist that are virtually untraceable.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

When I heard that he...err...'Friends Of Special Agent Peter Strzok' started a GoFundMe campaign, I couldn't help but raise my eyebrow at a possible pattern emerging.

McCabe also raised more than $500,000 on GoFundMe -- more than three times the original goal amount. It was reported he planned to put it in a formal legal trust and then donate any excess to an unspecified charity. I doubt we'll ever know what really happened to that money but he doesn't have to pay taxes on it.

It should not go without saying that it would be VERY easy to launder money through GoFundMe. (EDIT: Well, it was already said, i just didn't read through the tread before replying.)

In fact, something like that was depicted on Breaking Bad when Walt Jr. set up a crowdfunding website to raise money for Walt Sr., who then used it to launder his meth income.

No one is following up on who is behind thousands of anonymous $50 donations or even these:

Highest Donations

$2,000
Anonymous
15 hours ago

$1,000
Anonymous
20 hours ago

...or even the donations with names.

I don't trust or like this from anyone involved in the administration and oversight of justice, but this looks and smells really bad under the circumstances. It just fosters more distrust.

On a somewhat related note, there is another pattern of publishing 'tell-all books' written by other political 'fallen ones,' which is another avenue that could easily be exploited to launder money...err...pay someone under 'off the books' with clean money.

Comey, Donna Brazile, Hillary, Sean Spicer...etc... In fact, Omarosa's book is already #1 the political bestseller book list on Amazon and it came out today.

For all we know, there could be 100,000 purchases for the Kindle edition of Omarosa's book and not a one will ever be downloaded.

There are others I wonder about (Rs & Ds) with their bestselling books, too -- this is just a few from the top of my head.

And there is Stormy Daniels with her Crowdfunding page, too, for her legal fees.

There is just way too much money-making from what seems like orchestrated political scandals, for my taste. Everyone is making money hand over fist while the public is led along.

edit on 8/14/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

IT's certainly a good way to launder money.

Glad I read the thread before replying...this was the first thought that popped into my head. Wonder who in the Clinton Cartel needed some quick clean cash? Or if there is a set price to avoid that troublesome, double-tap to the back of the head, Arkancide?

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I think Strzok got a raw a deal

LOL.

What the eff ever.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

lol, I did not apparently.

GoFundMe is a red flag.

So are 'tell-all' books...like Comey wrote, for example.

No one is tracking who is buying the books...there could be a landfill full of Comey books somewhere...or Kindle versions that never get read or even downloaded.

Something is up with all the money-making.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

McCabe also raised more than $500,000 on GoFundMe -- more than three times the original goal amount. It was reported he planned to put it in a formal legal trust and then donate any excess to an unspecified charity.

He should have to PAY HIS FAIR SHARE!

Trust.

Trying to get out of it!

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: MotherMayEye

McCabe also raised more than $500,000 on GoFundMe -- more than three times the original goal amount. It was reported he planned to put it in a formal legal trust and then donate any excess to an unspecified charity.

He should have to PAY HIS FAIR SHARE!

Trust.

Trying to get out of it!

The donors pay the taxes on the money they donate. It's not tax-deductible. It's considered a personal gift. The donors are collectively paying McCabe's and Strozk's taxes on their free money.

ETA: Honestly, it's disgusting that they or anyone else would exploit 'political notoriety' to request donations for their legal defense funds considering the nature of their former jobs with the FBI. Laughable if it wasn't so incredibly skeevy.
edit on 8/14/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Highest Donations

$2,000
Anonymous
15 hours ago

$1,000
Anonymous
20 hours ago

I'll admit it... those were my donations. I just feel so bad for Strzok - boohoo.

(the feds DID NOT force me to falsely claim responsibility by threatening me with jail time or death)

...help!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: Lab4Us

lol, I did not apparently.

GoFundMe is a red flag.

So are 'tell-all' books...like Comey wrote, for example.

No one is tracking who is buying the books...there could be a landfill full of Comey books somewhere...or Kindle versions that never get read or even downloaded.

Something is up with all the money-making.

Been thinking that for a long time! They all seem to write books and make millions doing so. My thought on this is a brilliant money laundering scam thru purchasing books for a "job well done". Untraceable.

Be a hoot if that theory is correct and someone from a publishing company comes forward? Hmmmmm, I wonder if there is a certain publisher that caters to this?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join